For this price is good hardware, but silly and stupid limitations of the OS deficiencies in the ergonomics of the OS and the possibility of system settings, make a negative overall impression. I will try to justify the points:
1. A closed system that does not allow advanced users to configure it the way he wants. For example there is no fine tuning wi-fi (manual tuning tcp / ip is not supported), bt. There is no possibility to establish clear limitations on access to the location or to send data at the particular application. No learner manually firewall. As a result, when the data transmission over a cellular network, is uncontrolled access to applications and systems to the Internet, even when 1MB of data can cost a king's ransom (yes gentlemen of Microsoft, still full of places like this. Are you surprised?)
2. All settings are piled without any sort or hint of consistency and interconnectedness. Settings SIM cards are scattered everywhere, fast access to a single not, for example, the settings concerning the transmission and control of SMS/MMS are hidden in settings for backup! Microsoft, your developers in your mind? Quickly turn off the SIM card is not possible. It is not possible to disable/enable one-touch wi-fi and bt. Screen notification has only 4 icons for quick action, why (minimum is >= 8: 1.SIM1 on/off,2.SIM2 on/off,3.WIFI on/off,4.BT on/off,5.DATA on/off over cellular network, 6.All radio On/Off, 7. Camera shot, 8.Video record)? And even on the 4 icons on/off SIM cards do not assign. Why is that?
3. There is no possibility to record conversations from the line. WHY?! It is necessary for all users. Sooner or later.
4. No access to shared (network/mapped) folders(devices) on the PC (W2K,XP,Vista,Win7,Win8(.1), Win10). Why is that? Microsoft?! It's YOUR ECOSYSTEM! This is your only advantage over other alternative systems!
5. Too much consumption with of the fully disabled radio modules. With 435 or 535 that night (for 7-9h) loses charge up to 2-3%, while the old PDA, 2006-2007 production lost only 2% per day (24h)! Is it normal for Smartphone 2015 and 2013 iron? I do not think the problem is the battery, although the increase in capacity of 1.5-2 times, even in cheap models, it would be a significant advantage of solutions from Microsoft. Alarm clock not worked from power off (long stand-by mode)! It nonsense! All cellular phones capable alarm from full power off! But windows smartphone not! What's the problem - the alarm clock works from a fully off state? In 2015?!
6. Lack of support for background playback sound (at least) in IE11. What is the problem had to do it right? It often has a radio station or network services, which you can listen to music or transfer opening in the browser tab and calmly flipping through the other pages or task switching!
7. The number of normal software in the store is minimal. Most versions of android converted, poor and limited in functionality. No normal network traffic monitoring tools, view GPS data to map satellite, etc. Even the Firefox browser, no! Continuing to extort money for a simple function that should be in default built into the system.
Microsoft, please answer why taking on a disk volume greater than the volume of WinXP.SP3, but by possibilities, your system WP8.1 so miserable? Your 535 have a 4-core processor, 435 is 2-core. Even the one, that is installed to 435 smartphone, have power near Atom N270! But on a netbook under WinXP and this atom N270 of production in 2008, you can safely open multiple tabs in the browser, easy to play music in the background of any tab, there is a bunch of extra services pre-installed and everything works! Here, in WP8.1, some idiotic restrictions on all fronts with the hardware is 2013/2015!
Ritz, 04 Sep 2015I want buy this phone but m little confuse how is it... Plz some one help me ?You must buy Microsoft lumia 535 it is one of my best mobile as it never hangs and has high battery backup
just bought this phone and i am trying to install a app, but i dont know where it went to?
any ideas ?
I don't know why all Lumia phones don't allow call recording even though developers make apps for them... I've heard that it automatically blocks MIC during calls(i.e for recording) why all these restrictions Microsoft?
I have just got the phone .Microsoft has long standing good reputation hence the buy.i want to see how they do it on phone
I think this Microsoft phones are good. The issue is that they should belong to rich people. I mean you need to download everything even the file manager. 😓😓. Some free apps in android are for sale intheir store
Aslam, 04 Sep 2015I am Useing This phone... my phone version is 8.1. i want to setup windows 10. so i can cha... moreNah u cant its just for lumia 930,1520 window might be available soon for 535,520 etc
Ritz, 04 Sep 2015I want buy this phone but m little confuse how is it... Plz some one help me ?her friend don't try to buy this phone(535). this is failed window device. why?? 1. touch problem 2. slow processor 3. low 'ppi'
4. hungry battery 5. as usual lack of useful apps
-->instead try to buy android, at this price u can find (2 Gb RAM & 16 Gb ROM)some tremendous good device.
here r 1. coolpad 2. Yuphoria 3. infocus
Aslam, 04 Sep 2015I am Useing This phone... my phone version is 8.1. i want to setup windows 10. so i can cha... moretrust me. and dont do it. eventually youll see a lot of bugs. black screens, green screens, wifi problems which will need a phone restart and so on and on. as we speak im downgrading it back to 8.1 . just a friendly advice from my own experience. if you still wanto upgrade its easy. just download one app (cant put the name cause it will brake the rules of this site) run it and let it work. simple as that. In any case. good luck
Aslam, 04 Sep 2015I am Useing This phone...
my phone version is 8.1.
i want to setup windows 10.
so i can cha... moreinstall windows insider app.. after registering ur self ull get the update.. (technical Preview)..
justbemitch, 03 Sep 2015pls help..just bought this lumia 535..but the problem i cannot download apps and games from th... moreMy phone usually switch off and on by itself want can i do to fix this problem
I want buy this phone but m little confuse how is it... Plz some one help me ?
my phone will not not turn on if i press the power button,how can i fix this??
I am Useing This phone...
my phone version is 8.1.
i want to setup windows 10.
so i can change my version???
AnonD-295604, 03 Sep 2015Guys, this phone became very cheap in India... It's only 6,500/- So grab it! Its worth the money !!!It is not worth.
Can't play full hd.
Lack of apps.
No proper music player like android
A plethora of hardware defects.
My father's phone signal receptor is not working anymore.
Buy moto e 2nd gen or xiaomi. Worth for price.
Hey. I'm using this phone but I don't know how to lock apps.. Please suggest some apps