nit, 21 Jan 2015how to update the phone?????????????my 535s lock screen gets locked when ever i put it in pocket & go for a walk ,i have to switch the power off to bring it to life .Any one having same issueor any solution?
Real problem with this phone is touch issue. After update i am seeing more touch improvements. Over all it's a decent phone with this price range.
I am thinking to gift 535 to my father and it seems that it doesn't have a good touch I am confused please suggest me should I buy it or not
I brought a 535 and the first thing i did based on the forums was to get the update and restart the phone. Once the update was applied, i have now been using the phone for over 2 weeks, and here is a quick summary.'
1. The Touch is not as smooth as the Lumia 520, 720, 920, 1020, 1520 i have used, but its still quite smooth. What i see is that the new Windows button seems to be part of the cause, as unlike the previous phones these are not hardware buttons but part of the screen, and seems to have bugs in the implementation.
2. The display is decent, but clearly not in the same league as older budget lumia phones such as the 520. The lack of the ClearBlack technology is pretty evident.
3. The 1GB memory means you are not going to have any issues of compatibility of some apps as was the case with other 512MB memory phones such as the 520, 630, 635, etc
4. The phone seems to prefer to switch to 2G than 3/3.75G, again an OS issue, as there is no setting to say "3G only", hence it auto connects and this problem is common across all Windows devices. Prior to Windows 8.1 you could use a Field Codes settings to force this, but this is now not possible with 8.1. Why Microsoft can't have this as part of the options is bewildering.
6. The Snapdragon 200 processor is decent, and offers very much like the 1020 i had, but i felt the 1020 was faster in browsing, possibly because its single core performance is greater than the Snapdragon 200 (and possible even better than the Snapdragon 400) though its an older hardware. Unless your app is designed for multi-core, the single core performance is the key, a thing many of us fail to understand.
7. The camera in good detail is quite decent for a budget phone, however though it has an LED flash, the flash is very weak, so not that greater a performance compared to Lumia phones without flash.
8. The front camera is a 5MP sensor, but a real budget type, but still offers a bit better capability than the normal VGA types. However the Microsoft Selfie camera app is still very much its infancy, no special features as photo booth, etc!
9. Call quality is good, and speaker phone performance is decent, as long as you palm it the correct way.
10. The slim design, larger screen area, and light weight make it quite a decent phone for the price. If you see the phones pricing is almost 30-40% less than the price the Lumia 520 was offered in the Asian market
11. Battery life is pretty good, and i can last over a day easily with data on full day.
12. The native browser is very slow on this phone, and surfy which usually performs better does not work well on this phone. However UC Browser seems to be the best performing browser on this phone.
way happening in phone are is not downloading how to use these problem apps phone and download//please help me my phone
hmm all i hv heard that Touch issues... Rest of them device was good..hope ll c how it works i m gonno BuY dis..
afrose, 22 Jan 2015everything is ok ; but touch is very bad...not even equal to my lumia 520 ...****you have lumia 520
everything is ok ; but touch is very bad...not even equal to my lumia 520 ...****
NANA, 22 Jan 2015is android work on this phoneThis phone has disappointed alot.giving me a burden of high data usage and can't download apps eg watsup
I am planning to buy Lumia 535.
Please confirm wether touch issues has been resolved or not..??
share the video or audio which software shareit is not working shareit beta is working but video not sending problem. andriod for zapya software available. this software available or not.
LAW321, 22 Jan 2015heard a lot of stories but only when i actually started using it i realised that the touch is ... moreI've found the solution. I just found out that the screen cannot be dirty, AT ALL. I have the same problem right now, but after I wipe the screen clean everything's back to normal. probably going to buy screen guard and see if there are any improvement
no touch problms its so good ....a good gaming experience,,,,
but battery life is an issue
Just got the phone and its not bad, though not a fan of windows 8. You can try the lumia experience.
Sucharita, 22 Jan 2015Hey guys... Will be buying the handset sooner... Should i go for it or should i step back on ... moreHi, if ur still planning to buy Lumia 535, I would suggest to check for the touch issue and then buy, gud device with worst touch issue, I'm still facing touch problem apart from dat its a gud budget device, if u can spend sum more den I ll recommend lumia 730 best wen compared to Lumia 535, hope this ll help u
heard a lot of stories but only when i actually started using it i realised that the touch is indeed having problems but even if its a minor one, never expected that microsoft would release such a thing for a low price. honestly i would not recommend this phone but yes if you are low on budget go for it otherwise forget about it.