richards, 08 Dec 2016good phone, especially after windows 10 update. works smoothly no problems Don't update..ur came will not work after few months..check in google..it's a common problem...then u have to come back to windows 8.1...and after windows 10 ur warrenty will not be applicable
when i try to connect open network after windows 10 update it does not working
sometimes phone hanging
AnonD-617670, 06 Dec 2016does this phone has corning gorella glass or any type of screen protection yes. a "tempered glass protector" protection.
good phone, especially after windows 10
update. works smoothly no problems
Guys please i need your help,I bought this device less than a month;Initially everything was well but now I cannot make a call;when i speak the person cannot hear me.I sent it to a repairer but it is still not working,please help me
does this phone has corning gorella glass or any type of screen protection
as compare to android phone windows phone is not good or flexible to use OTG not support Selfie stick Not Support we cant not any apps from other mobile just only camera quality is good
This phone would've been the best but...
1. The bluetooth option needs a lot of work. I want to be able to accept multiple files at once via Bluetooth instead of accepting them one by one. Also when I receive PDF files over Bluetooth and I don't open them immediately, I don't see them again. There should be a folder where all Bluetooth files can be viewed and saved without going through a long process.
2. I can't use any other ringtone apart from the ones provided by the phone. I follow the instructions provided but I don't see the "change ringtone" option.
3. WhatsApp video call doesn't work well. I see the other person's face but all they see is my dp and not my face.
4. Sometimes I want to reduce call sound volumes but keep notification volumes high but when I reduce the call volume my app sounds also reduce.
5. I try sending feedback directly from my phone but it never works!
Bought it yesterday. Its a wonderful phone and very rich feature-wise. I got the orange cover, and because it was a retailed version for Thailand (I'm from Iran, though), it came with genuine Microsoft hands-free. Now, on to the features and some clarifications about misunderstandings on this phone:
5" IPS HD Gorilla Glass 3 + Microsoft Windows Tweaks (that are a hell lot better than other manufacturers, by the way)
8MP back camera with auto focus, and Lumia Camera, to make it even better. I've not tested the video quality yet, but the daylight pictures are brilliant, and I rarely see a bit of noise in them. If the camera cranks up ISO in low-light environments, noise will appear (lots of colorful noise XD ), but that's how cameras work. I haven't tested the LED flash yet (I never use flash)
Front-facing camera is 5MP and does its job way better than other selfie shooters in this price range. Lumia Selfie app helps you take even better shots.
Worthy to note that I can't to this phone from an ASUS Zenfone II, so I have high expectations of phone cameras. This phone really didn't disappoint (if not taken my expectations a little higher)
Snapdragon 200 (Pretty Old) that works magically smooth because of Windows Phone OS. Also an Adreno 302 which I think is pretty old, but still holds well and works perfectly with the rest of this hardware.
It comes with Windows Phone 8.1 that CAN be upgraded to Windows 10 (Just go to the phone settings and update through the "Software updates" section)
1GB of RAM, which is quite low nowadays, comparing to brands like ASUS or Samsung, but again, due to the magic behind Windows OS you won't even see nasty lags or "Force Closes" i.e. crashes in your programs. Also it comes with 8GB of internal storage, which is sufficient for the OS, all basic everyday apps and maybe some multimedia/games too. but you can always expand the storage by Micro-SD cards up to 128GB extra space.
2200 mAH battery, which I think is pretty big for a phone like this, and can easily survive a whole day (with dual sim and wifi). Also, the phone has power-saving features that can extend battery life whenever you choose to.
This phone (Lumia 540 Dual Sim) only supports up to 3G. That's it. So if you want more speed (If you have any idea of speed, that is) in you downloads or internet surfing, consider buying another model. But I heavily doubt that you won't be able to watch YouTube or Netflix smoothly on 3G. I've had 4G phones all over and now I've come to understand that yet more speed than 3G isn't really necessary.
Other helpful features:
Double tap to lock and wake, which you can fully customize in the phone settings. As I said, I came from ASUS Zenfone II and I'd really miss it if I got another phone.
This phone comes in Black, White, Orange, Yellow and Blue. The Black cover is matte and others are glossy. note that all the glossy covers are made of two layers, and the MICROSOFT logo on the back won't wash off over time. Also, matter covers are always fingerprint magnets, so I suggest buying the glossy ones.
Clarifications about common misunderstandings on Lumia 540 Dual Sim:
- You can activate data services on either of the two SIM cards, in contrast with most other dual SIMs that support data only on the first SIM
- Touch sensitivity and input isn't a problem if your phone isn't damaged by any sort. Also, touch is very responsive, although responses may be sometimes slow due to the processor (like in double-tap-to-wake-up)
- It does have a good IPS display, but don't expect extra-wide viewing angles from it. Also, the ambient light sensor does its job brilliantly, so if its a little slow to react its due to the processor
- Every battery lasts if charged properly using the provided charger. So PLEASE use genuine Microsoft AC charger, or a quality USB cable (if you charge over PC) to avoid damaging the precious battery. Take my word, you ain't getting any better battery life for the price.
And finally, this is my first Microsoft phone (and my first Lumia). I'm not a fanatic when it comes to brands, given I've had HTC, Samsung, LG, and most recently ASUS. I'll probably even buy another brand for my next phone, as change is always welcome and enjoyable. But my final verdict is "Don't lose Microsoft Lumia models if any is in your price bracket".
Hope this review comes helpful for those interested in this phone. Cheers ;)
naresh, 15 Nov 2016Phone is good but this phone not available screen shot Power boutton and volume up at the same time to screenshot
anand shaw, 23 Nov 2016update window 10 phone not work properly.slow,charnging problem.etc lot of prblm.plz help me change your charger . take 2 ampere charger .then it charge faster
If shareit transfer have failed sd card mb gone.what's the prolem.please solve my problem.
My phone is lumia 540.I share 1.31gb movie from nokia X2.my SD card storage was 3gb.then storage is 365mb.what's the problem. please say.