Hi @Betty007, it is a matter of personal preference. Both are very close competitors. Theoritically, J7's GPU and CPU are much better and since many Android apps are optimized for high end hardware, and if you play alot of games then you get benefit out of it. Apart from that both have almost very similar specs and price as well I guess. Although 640XL's display is not AMOLED yet it is still very sharp I would say. Now the only deciding factor would be the OS..If u are like me bored with Android and wanna try something new and stand out from the crowd and also can't stand with phone being sluggish or laggy, then Windows Phone should defnitely be your next choice. Apple also wins in this respect but when it comes to cost then definitely it is out of question. If you are fond of Android, favor all those fancy widgets, always wanna test and try out variety of apps then J7 is recommended. So bottom line for your question : The OS is the one that matters here
They again announces new build coming on 12 Jan 2015,instead of user release. Microsoft forget that numbers are infinite. Means No final build shall ships untill world ends!! Ok we are not worry but then none alive to use wp10. Haha
firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 Jan 2016i hav microsoft lumia 640xl
but i cannt download . when i go for download some its show store... moreIf the error is the one wich pops at the time of email log in please follow the steps.
-Go to reset phone and get bck to factory settings.
-once phone restarts u can go ahead and put in ur microsoft email address and password.
-post which all the flies will download and automatically phne will update will find no more error
i brought lumia 640 xl its very good on battery backup and performance.
but especcially i brought this phone for windows 10 when its update what can i do plsss kindly give ur usefull responce.
i hav microsoft lumia 640xl
but i cannt download . when i go for download some its show store error code 80070057.
How to solve it??
Thanks "Windows Phone User" for a neat review. This is how the posts should appear on this kind of forums. Not liking a phone is absolutely fine. But very often we see slandering for no reason.
Your post definitely sounds productive and useful to actually decide whether to buy this phone or not. Good day.
Venkat, 31 Dec 2015I have faced one issue, screen black when making calls in lumia 640. How to fix that issue? ca... moreHi there. I had the same problem with my Lumia 535. I took it to Nokia and they repaired it saying it was the light sensor near the front camera that needed replacement. 3 months since then and I've never experienced the problem since
squal, 06 Jan 2016My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly.
I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 ... moreMy daughter had a similar problem, I backed up certain things and did a factory reset, hasn't happened again not sure if that did it or something else give it a try
squal, 06 Jan 2016My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly. I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 ... moredownload stop restart app from windows phone store and open it.the app will display whether your phone needs to be repaired online through update or not.follow the process given in it..
squal, 06 Jan 2016My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly. I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 ... moreThis may be due to some faulty apps. You just delete some apps that you have recently installed and check internal memory.
How can I find downloads files I have used files app and did not find my files also
My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly.
I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 but facing same issue
my phone is still in warranty. if any of u guys can help me out I would really appreciate it.
I have been using this model for more than a month now and as expected I am about to say that this a very worthy purchase. I was on android since Gingerbread (ver 2.3) days which dates back to 2011. After using Android for about 4 yrs+ I got sick of it. Android gets better in every new version only in terms of features and innovation but the snappiness can never come close to Windows Phone.This is largely attributed to Windows Phone's app handling mechanism.No matter hw good your Android phone is in terms of specs, after all those updates its gonna eat up resources heavily. Let me summarize my opinion on my variant which is 640 XL LTE Dual Sim
1) Very snappy OS although just 1GB RAM, lagginess or slow down almost never happen
2) Very Good display quality although PPI is low and resolution is not full HD. Display is 5.7inch big yet the available resolution will never disappoint. There's virtually no screen distortion or loss pixels, etc
3) Good battery. I have set the brightness to low. But apart from this, I have my Data on for almost whole day, watch YouTube videos, Insta and FB alot yet the battery still last for a whole day upon a full charge
4) App availability is obviously much lesser than Android or iOS but the ones which are already available at store are mostly good. Lumias come with some exclusives apps like HERE Maps & Here Drive and they are really good. They can beat Google Maps and others in most respects. Microsoft is quite strict in approving new apps at their store and this leads to app quality and security tightness unlike Android where PlayStore is filled with a lot of junk apps and due to popularity, Android is now #1 target for attackers.
4) Speaker is loud and Bass effect can be heard too. Windows Phone 8.1 supports equaliser which can be enabled at Settings and this is convincing for Music Lovers
5) I have not really tested the rear camera thefore not much can be said here. Front Camera
is sharp though.
Cons (My Personal View & Experience)
1) Transferring contact from old phone is a little problematic. As my sim card was
already full for some reason, I tried to transfer my contacts via VCF format from my Xperia
SP through bluetooth, my Lumia received it but doesn't open it :( Thankfully, there's a built-in
app called "Transfer My Data" where it will automatically fetch contacts(including contact photo) and sms and stores it for you.
2) No built-in file manager (already fixed in Windows 10 Mobile) out of the box. However there are many good ones at store, so you can download one.
3) Music Player and Video Player aren't as innovative as those on Android and iOS. But you can download VLC from the store to supplement.
4) To set your own favorite track as Ringtone, your phone has to be connected to PC and place your song to the ringtone folder to enable this.
5) Given headphones and charger in retail box is kinda not so good quality. They look cheap but I don't really mind because the phone itself looks and feels premium in hands.
Sincerely, I feel this is the best smartphone I have ever used. I am not bashing Android, it is just general personal opinion. I have a feeling of having a computer in my hands. It never hanged. So far overall very snappy and lightweight too for its dimensions and size. Can't wait for Windows 10 Mobile. I was torn between 640XL and Galaxy J7 but chose this without regrets. I bought this here in Malaysia for RM1099 from Microsoft Retail store. This piece is highly recommended if you u wanna stand out from the typical Android crowd, and want a smartphone with lots of features yet be affordable. Windows 10 is definitely gonna rock this piece :)
I like WP phone all the Androide user hate this device due to lack of proper functioning like android so make it more smoother than android
Do you have any apps installed in your phone memory...or clear your history and cookies in your browser
Anonymous, 02 Jan 2016Friends we are needless courage wp10 release whether it will come now or after..because we are... moreWell.. I think full n final version of windows 10 will b launched in February 2016. But Microsoft has launched preview version of 10 already.. U can download WINDOWS INSIDER from store n can update ur phone to win 10.. Another thing is tht windows phone r much much better than androids where each phone has different terms n conditions about updates..