squal, 06 Jan 2016My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly. I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 ... moreThis may be due to some faulty apps. You just delete some apps that you have recently installed and check internal memory.
How can I find downloads files I have used files app and did not find my files also
My lumia 640 XL is restarting randomly.
I have tried every thing even upgraded to windows 10 but facing same issue
my phone is still in warranty. if any of u guys can help me out I would really appreciate it.
I have been using this model for more than a month now and as expected I am about to say that this a very worthy purchase. I was on android since Gingerbread (ver 2.3) days which dates back to 2011. After using Android for about 4 yrs+ I got sick of it. Android gets better in every new version only in terms of features and innovation but the snappiness can never come close to Windows Phone.This is largely attributed to Windows Phone's app handling mechanism.No matter hw good your Android phone is in terms of specs, after all those updates its gonna eat up resources heavily. Let me summarize my opinion on my variant which is 640 XL LTE Dual Sim
1) Very snappy OS although just 1GB RAM, lagginess or slow down almost never happen
2) Very Good display quality although PPI is low and resolution is not full HD. Display is 5.7inch big yet the available resolution will never disappoint. There's virtually no screen distortion or loss pixels, etc
3) Good battery. I have set the brightness to low. But apart from this, I have my Data on for almost whole day, watch YouTube videos, Insta and FB alot yet the battery still last for a whole day upon a full charge
4) App availability is obviously much lesser than Android or iOS but the ones which are already available at store are mostly good. Lumias come with some exclusives apps like HERE Maps & Here Drive and they are really good. They can beat Google Maps and others in most respects. Microsoft is quite strict in approving new apps at their store and this leads to app quality and security tightness unlike Android where PlayStore is filled with a lot of junk apps and due to popularity, Android is now #1 target for attackers.
4) Speaker is loud and Bass effect can be heard too. Windows Phone 8.1 supports equaliser which can be enabled at Settings and this is convincing for Music Lovers
5) I have not really tested the rear camera thefore not much can be said here. Front Camera
is sharp though.
Cons (My Personal View & Experience)
1) Transferring contact from old phone is a little problematic. As my sim card was
already full for some reason, I tried to transfer my contacts via VCF format from my Xperia
SP through bluetooth, my Lumia received it but doesn't open it :( Thankfully, there's a built-in
app called "Transfer My Data" where it will automatically fetch contacts(including contact photo) and sms and stores it for you.
2) No built-in file manager (already fixed in Windows 10 Mobile) out of the box. However there are many good ones at store, so you can download one.
3) Music Player and Video Player aren't as innovative as those on Android and iOS. But you can download VLC from the store to supplement.
4) To set your own favorite track as Ringtone, your phone has to be connected to PC and place your song to the ringtone folder to enable this.
5) Given headphones and charger in retail box is kinda not so good quality. They look cheap but I don't really mind because the phone itself looks and feels premium in hands.
Sincerely, I feel this is the best smartphone I have ever used. I am not bashing Android, it is just general personal opinion. I have a feeling of having a computer in my hands. It never hanged. So far overall very snappy and lightweight too for its dimensions and size. Can't wait for Windows 10 Mobile. I was torn between 640XL and Galaxy J7 but chose this without regrets. I bought this here in Malaysia for RM1099 from Microsoft Retail store. This piece is highly recommended if you u wanna stand out from the typical Android crowd, and want a smartphone with lots of features yet be affordable. Windows 10 is definitely gonna rock this piece :)
I like WP phone all the Androide user hate this device due to lack of proper functioning like android so make it more smoother than android
Do you have any apps installed in your phone memory...or clear your history and cookies in your browser
Anonymous, 02 Jan 2016Friends we are needless courage wp10 release whether it will come now or after..because we are... moreWell.. I think full n final version of windows 10 will b launched in February 2016. But Microsoft has launched preview version of 10 already.. U can download WINDOWS INSIDER from store n can update ur phone to win 10.. Another thing is tht windows phone r much much better than androids where each phone has different terms n conditions about updates..
vaidyanathan.kiran, 02 Jan 2016The problem is that Windows 10 mobile is just released as a 'technical preview' only to the in... moreCan you rectify that "2-3 months" for my soul peace irrespective of their actual release.
Friends we are needless courage wp10 release whether it will come now or after..because we are pissed off in 2015 of postponement. I took 2k16 proposal not to expect anything from Microsoft. No more sadness cry !!
Anonymous, 24 Dec 2015Seriously thinking about buying 640xl. Only one thing stops me. As WP10 on lumia 630 I have tr... moreThe problem is that Windows 10 mobile is just released as a 'technical preview' only to the insiders and still the OS is under development before releasing it to the general public. Problems with apps (like internet explorer) doesn't have to do anything with a device.
You can very well go ahead and get a Lumia 640xl but might I suggest you to wait patiently for the public version of Windows 10 mobile. That should rectify all issues.
Hardly, you'll have to wait for 2-3 months for W10M to release, I hope so :)
prajwal, 24 Dec 2015i m facing problem with share it....i am not able to receive any document pic and movie from s... moreYou have to set the options in ShareIt Android (reciever or sender) according to Windows Phone standards :) Dont blame Microsoft for this. You'll have to blame the ShareIt team.
Yet I've managed to share files with my friends through shareIt app on my Windows Phone!
Ananya, 30 Dec 2015My phone memory is almost exhausted. No files are saved in phone. Still it consumes much. What... moreMove all installed apps installed on your phone memory to your memory card. Go to storage sense and set all storage options to 'SD Card'. Yet your system will occupy approximately 3 GB of your phone storage, when you upgrade to Windows 10 mobile(later) phone storage will be occupied with approximately 4 GB. It is recommended to have 3 GB or more of the phone storage for smooth function :)
prajwal, 24 Dec 2015i m facing problem with share it....i am not able to receive any document pic and movie from s... moreWindows shareit is like apple mobile first you on (connect ios or windows phone) option in ur friend android device. And then u goto wifi setting in ur windows phone and on wifi and select ur friend hotspot then u goto shareit app on windows phone and tap recieve
Ananya, 30 Dec 2015My phone memory is almost exhausted. No files are saved in phone. Still it consumes much. What... moreThat is because of the application details on your phone, you can try uninstall and reinstall of the apps on your phone; I recommend going for a hard reset, back up the phone and go for a reset.. :)