bought 640xl april 24 2015
good rear cam specially on low light.
fast interface. responsive screen.
awesome battery. best value for money.
high quality music player using headphones.
too big for my hands.
weak loudspeaker compared to my preloved L630.
I have been using my Nokia Lumia XL Dual Sim since May 05, 2015.Here are my observations:
1. Opening and closing of apps is faster than my previous smartphones (I was using Blackberry Q10, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note III).
2. Battery life is more than 24 hours before it reaches 30 %. This is considering the fact that my data connection remains all throughout the day.
3. I can shift some APPS from phone memory to my expanded memory card. - This is something NEW to me and it helps keep my phone memory healthy.
4. Regarding the keyboard, I find the keyboard of Lumia 640 XL better than Q10, Samsung S5 and Note III.
5. Connecting to the internet is better as compared to Samsung S5 and Note III. Internet explorer makes it lot easier too.
6. My contacts are stored and sorted out properly and "neatly" by the phone. Something I dont find in Q10, Samsung S5 and Note III.
7. My expanded memory card is currently at 64GB (Class 10. 300x). Lumia brushes of Blackberry Q10, Samsung S5 and Note II easily with this. The expanded memory card can still go as far as 128GB.
I have yet to compare the camera, video and music apps so thats all I can share for now.
Hey I am using this phone from last four days... It's really good... But I have facing a problem that is I have a video on my phone memory but my mx player don't show that I uninstall the mx player and reinstall but problem still there then I try to added video in mx player but IT is not happen... Why my mx player don't show the video...i haven't insert micro sd card yet... Please help anyone..
Inquisitive, 05 May 2015While some app are open i am not able to find back/home button on 640 xl. for example photos, cameraIt is possible. Just keep ur thumb on photo options n slide up. U will get options to back...
i want to buy lumia phones but, some people say the apps such as opera mini, bbm, whatsapp are bad and had many bugs. are you have same problem with these apps?
Got this phone more than a week ago because i thought WP is much mor better than android phones and turned out to be a horrible mistake! WP has so many problems with apps, Facebook cannot post any pictures, Skype video call is so zoommed in. The worst thing is the apps download and updates, even the lumia apps failed so bad i cannot update them. What a waste of money, i suggest not to include WP to your selection...
Jerry, 07 May 2015Wat are your comments on FB usage? Is it user friendly? Lag? Can't edit / delete post...? How ... moreFb is pre installed and it is really user friendly...u can delete the posts that are posted before...really good phne...no need screen guard...it comes with scrath resistant gg3...back side matte protected....nt a slippery phne...if u wanna buy it...blindly go for it....bcse it also updtble to w10
I am seriously thinking of buying a WP after seeing so many good feedbacks here. Previously, I did not have good impression about windows. Seems I was wrong. I have shortlisted two models, or three actually. They are 730, 640 XL and 640, in that order. My priorities are battery life, smooth touch experience,robust performance, camera, ease of use-in that order. People who have used these sets please advise me which one will be suitable. 640 XL would have been natural choice, but it is bigger than my comfort zone. 730 perfectly fits the bill but it is bit older and its primary camera is only 6.7 MP. Also, will it get 10 update? Really confused.
Anonymous, 08 May 2015There are many apps for hide or lock photos and videos in windows storeHurtlocker