After 4 days of use, and returning this garbage to buy Samsung Note 4, i only have the following words for you, BEWARE! read the points bellow. No. I am not bashing, and was a regular windows phone user, but now have moved on to Android after appalling experience.
1. the blue background takes up scratches and finger dirt like a sponge. and i am a very clean freak person. even then the back looked like that of a very much used handset few hours out of the box.
2. the camera is awful. the sharing options are horrible. everything has to just right for getting good pictures even one thing if off and you are set with a grainy mess. the flash is underpowered to say the least. i have seen better on 3000/- rupees china phones.
3. i have used lumia 520 and 525 previously. so had high hopes about the build quality. nope. not on this one. mine had a slight gap between back cover and body from day one. and the battery had lumps. (o_o)
4. the screen while it looks beautiful, the only redeeming feature, but is impossible to protect. i think this had some sort of screen protection, but doesn't seem to work. takes up scratches from even careful use. when i applied a screenguard recommended to me by store person, i found another truth hidden. the screens touch response went haywire responding only a third of the time.
5. the device itself is under powered. tried to play some games on it, and it got hot and laggy within 15 minutes of playing and battery went down by 30%. i am not expecting much from a smartphone, but this is ridiculous. the specs mention arm v7 quadcore and adreno 305 which don't seem to be working very well. maybe the OS is to blame. who knows.
6. finally, what made me decide that the 50% penalty on buyback was worth it was the call drop rates. not even 2 minutes of a steady call, that too when i was getting full bars.
well, it was my loss. just hope it doesn't happen to you. i am not telling you should buy samsung. just know there are much better phones for 13k and you should by them rather than this one.
ali, 10 Apr 2015oMG....nobody got this phone ...people r only discussing....I'm already using from two days
anas, 01 Apr 2015699 aed + other microsoft offers at Gites shopper DubaiWhere i can buy lumia 640 xl in dubai
Plz give phone number of stors
Anonymous, 09 Apr 2015No it does not support otgOtg support will come on w10 and all the current Lumia phone will get w10 update.. Wait for the official release..
Lumia 730 and 640xl both are good ph..bt 730 have 4.7 inch and 640 5.7 inch.and ppi low from 730.bt camera good both ph..thx to microsoft.
RAHUL, 09 Apr 2015phone price is too high so it's better goto nokia lumia 730 is one of the best handsate .... f... morecome on!! 800 bucks is difference between 730 and 640xl! just think practically and reasonably..
optimistic, 09 Apr 2015Please anyone tell me about lumia 640XL photo quality?its amazing..with rich capture technology
anyone tell me the usage of Microsoft Lumia 640 xl and battery status
sameer, 09 Apr 2015Which one is d best between 730 and 640 xl help meeeeeI m going for Lumia 640 XL.
Microsoft com white lou price phone in lumia 640XL IT Best phone bag batter 3000mh good batter bakp in windos phone all apps in ran in windos phone +windos 10 up dat
Rafi, 06 Apr 2015Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM support OTG ?No it does not support otg
phone price is too high so it's better goto nokia lumia 730 is one of the best handsate .... faltu wait for lumia 640xl ......
it should had snapdragon 601 and adreno 405 and this would been best buy at same price INR15799