1gb ram isn't enough anymore. Facebook and messenger recommends 2gb. It runs slow on 1gb
This is not the best Windows 10 mobile phone, but it certainly is a great deal for the money.
AnonD-569432, 01 May 2017Lumia 950 , despite all of the hateIf you want the best Lumia, the 950 series is a no-brainer.
I might also recommend the Acer Liquid Jade Primo - they can be had for pretty cheap right now.
juddom, 27 Apr 2017good encouragement ill go for it i like light weight phonesIt's definitely extremely light. If recommend the black one though, my white one collected stains pretty fast.
Anonymous, 22 Apr 2017Please update to windows 10 creator update. By using Windows insider program at slow ring. You... moreI've faced this problem before. Its actually because of Microsoft Silverlight. Eventually you cannot solve the problem by soft or hard reset. What I can suggest you and I manage to resolve this issue by flashing the device. Follow the steps:
1) Remove your back cover and check for your phone model. Etc RM1154
2) Download your phone software firmware. Just google "lumia firmware".
3) Download the exact firmware which costs you about 1.9GB.
4) Download Microsoft Device Recovery tool.
5) Please google "how to flash my lumia 650"
Only that way you phone will work.
Aadrian, 22 Jan 2017Mine is working fine. I haven't found any cons, except maybe for the weight, it feels too light.good encouragement ill go for it i like light weight phones
Anonymous, 22 Apr 2017Please update to windows 10 creator update. By using Windows insider program at slow ring. You... moreI have been already update os. 14393.1066 update.but nothing solve loading and resuming problem. And hard reset device.
This phone is just terrible. Less than a year with it, the w10 is buggy and crashing. Whatsapp hogs the battery like there is no tomorrow. The 1GB RAM is incredibly sluggish. There are numerous other better phones in this price range. Even if you are a windows phone fan, don't bother. It is not worth the frustration.
- Disappointed ex-windows phone fan.
Nok nok, 21 Apr 2017I have a 635 for the past 2 years, its been ok ish. Now needs updating, really getting slow. ... more650 is a later model, but the 640 wins hands down in endurance rating, and supports windows 10. 650 has got a nice amoled, but like the 1520 the LCD screen is MUCH more energy efficient.
Had this phone for a week, but I ended up returning it.
1. Great OLED screen, great colours which fit the Windows OS perfectly.
2. Snapdragon 212 with 1GB RAM is pretty trash. Windows runs alright on this phone though, but yeah even opening 5 tabs on the Edge browser causes it to crash. And there are noticeable frame drops when scrolling through menus etc. If you exit any app and don't close it expect it to completely reload the next time you go to it.
3. Camera took alright-ish photos, but was slow. HDR mode was even slower. Video is only up to 720p and is very shaky. Front camera was pretty good though.
4. Windows is a good OS, and runs well on this phone if you only use it to do basic tasks. Even when using the maps app it takes forever to load. BUT light gaming is actually fine (Temple Run, Score World Goals). App store is decently stocked and the Office Apps are a great addition. Typing on the stock keyboard is also good.
5. Battery life was also pretty bad. Glance screen drained the battery a lot even though the phone uses an OLED screen. Basic tasks also drain it rather quickly.
All in all, a good phone as a backup or as an 'expendable' phone, like one of the other people said ;) but yea the SoC and 1GB of RAM just couldn't do it for me. Gorgeous screen, though. I had a Lumia 640XL before I switched from this phone and now I'm using the XL again. It's cheaper, has a much larger screen for viewing content and has phenomenal battery life. I find the performance to be better as well. Not to mention the ZEISS camera :D hope this helped!
subhi, 15 Apr 2017Any body have same problem ? My lumia 650 always show loading or resuming when open WhatsApp.... morePlease update to windows 10 creator update. By using Windows insider program at slow ring. Your phone also in supported list of Windows 10 creator update.
I have a 635 for the past 2 years, its been ok ish.
Now needs updating, really getting slow.
Looks like the 650 is not much better, so what Lumia do I go for ??
Don't need an expensive phone just a good one.
Mostly use watts app, pictures & txt.
So which to go for?
subhi, 15 Apr 2017Any body have same problem ? My lumia 650 always show loading or resuming when open WhatsApp.... moreI have the same issue. WhatsApp has never been able to launch. Always loading. I've hard reset three times! I will re-flash it, and maybe debrand it to get it working.
Any body have same problem ?
My lumia 650 always show loading or resuming when open WhatsApp.
Plz help ?
The ideal secondary phone, very elegant, sleek and with a gorgeous OLED display!
I have the S7 edge and I needed a cheaper, more expendable secondary phone, that should work as a GPS navigator and last days on airplane mode without charges and 650 has been magnificent!! I am very pleased with it, ESP with two things, it's completely lag free, blazing fast since day one, even in gaming, hats off to MS for that, there is no 1gb ram android able to work like that! And the adoptive storage option really works like an internal one, even for games!!
PS it's always on clock function, is much more energy efficient than it is on my S7 edge
Ok as a general purpose business phone. Windows 10 Mobile had some interesting features that never really caught on. Microsoft's incompetence at marketing their phones helped seal the fate of their mobile endeavor. The 650 is a light usable phone that can be had used at a good price. If you want apps get a similar spec Android phone.
not bad,but 8mp is a bit low,and whats with microsoft with the same cortex A7 processers?
Jitu, 01 Apr 2017Is it really a good deal to upgrade from Lumia 720 to Lumia 650 . Which is better in terms of ... moreBigger screen, oled, thinner, Windows 10 mobile, it is a nice upgrade compared to the 720. Customizable with the Mozo back covers if you like. And it's not expensive at all.