Good--screen, OS tiles, maps, browser (more capable than ios), one note
Bad--Battery Life (won't quite make it through the day if you surf or read e-mail); check if apps are available for what you need before buying; Outlook mail sync is very very slow and to conserve battery life are every 2 hours or more unless you override and it's still a 3 minute + process instead of sub 30 seconds like all others; will not download gmail account pictures in outlook mail when received-only workaround is to forward received e-mail to another account such as hotmail which of course works taking 3+ minutes to sync per above (no love lost between MS and either Apple or Google); periodic bugs like won't respond to wake up button--that's normal for all MS products and usually get's fixed with updates
Some day MS will make the best phone, just not today.
Apple is just best, 13 Mar 2016I love my 3 year old iphone 5s, working perfectly alltime and updates with new cool stuff just... moreI had iphone 5s, yes its good and still supported. But when its winter and cold. You cant use it cuz it just says its too cold and shuts down to prevent dmg. But where i live there is winter for long and i cant even call, its not good. And its kind of small and camera is not that good anymore. So you cant tell ppl to just change :). ppl use windows phone for a reason , and you use iphone. I had iphone 6s plus 16gb for a few month, great phone. But poor memory and battery is avg. And its so damn expensive for a phone with built in battery and memory with no sd card slot. So i went back to windows :)
Ok so for my first impression when i opened the package. Wow so light weight, where is the battery?. Its inside? . its crazy how a good premium phone is soo feather light. Thats why i like the plastic builds. And microsoft makes them feel solid ! Have a feeeling i will love this phone and its camera!
Doodler, 13 Mar 2016Lumia 950........ where do i start.... First of all th ephone is a pile of crap Apps do ... moreHaha go back to lagdroid or the very good ios then. I like windows phone and this is just fun to read :p. My lumia 950 last forever cuz i dont really use the phone that much ;). If you used windows phone before and say this is not better. wow you must have gotten a broken one.
Doodler, 13 Mar 2016Lumia 950........ where do i start.... First of all th ephone is a pile of crap Apps do ... moreDoesn't looks like u even own Lumia 950 ...iam using it and lovin it...amazing phone..great battery life...best camera..dual sim...wireless charging...hey Cortana.....iris scanner...the latest update is killer 164...way better than android or ios...universal apps work great on my Lumia 950 and surface pro 4...get a life u trolls
Apple is just best, 13 Mar 2016I love my 3 year old iphone 5s, working perfectly alltime and updates with new cool stuff just... moreJust stay with your Iphone. I bought my Lumia 830 for E 250,= new, no Iphone can be bought for this price !!
where do i start....
First of all th ephone is a pile of crap Apps do not work Properly. And the battery needs to on charge constantly had the update and on latest version but PLEASE Microsft pull ya fingers out ya arses and sort out these phones i am now stuck in a 2 year contract with a phone in my opinion a small camera as thats the only plus i can add to it. I have been using windows phones for years but after this one i think im changing and gonna have to buy a cheap sim free to replace this peice of crap. my Lumia 630 out performed this phone as internet, Apps worked, Charge lasted longer & camera was fine.
Just wished i never got sucked into the camera on this phone unless you can improve the app market and actually catch up with tech andriod and ios have had for years these are going to be a pointless buy and think its like stepping backwards buying these phones DONT BUY....
I love my 3 year old iphone 5s, working perfectly alltime and updates with new cool stuff just keep coming , next week ios 9.3 big update, cant wait for it. If you lumia guys want working nice phone , dump your not working lumias and buy cheap 5s.
Nags, 11 Mar 2016Hi, Can anyone help me for the below listed issue. I would like to know whether its a softwar... moreIts a software bug... can tell me which software ver u on..i think a hard reset is best
950 dropped the ball, 10 Mar 2016To start off...I'm a longtime fan of Microsoft. I've been hooked on their phones and using a ... moreFunny I have been using windows phones since 4 years now... found it one of the best os ever... smooth... and good battery life... lovely live tiles... glance screen, wireless charging... used LUMIA 1020..now to LUMIA 950...never had any issues... only when I updated to Redstone,,, there were bugs... then went back to latest update 164...and phone is working great... one of the best phones ever used... the best camera ...living images...sd card slot... dual sim... wireless charging..iris scanner works 90% for me...2k screen...Cortana is awesome... better than sir or Google now...I do use android also...soo I know bad battery life and lags look like...
Can anyone help me for the below listed issue. I would like to know whether its a software issue or hardware issue?
My 950 is just 1 month old.
When I press power button to unlock the phone the screen wont responds. The display remains off. After pressing the power button twice the phone becomes active for unlocking.
This issue happens randomly. Like in a day I might encounter 5 to 10 times. And it depends on usage. Surely its not continuous ..
Can anyone guide me in this regard. Its the defect with device ?
Thanks in advance.
Ah huh. After update yesterday. This thing works brillant.
I'm loving the built in Skype messaging to. Great
To start off...I'm a longtime fan of Microsoft. I've been hooked on their phones and using a pc with windows. My computer and phone transferred my info which made work, apps and my music, all function together without having to convert files. LOVED IT. Constantly tried to get my friends to drop their phones and switch. Xbox music was great at taking my music off of my computer and making an amazing experience on my Nokia 820 and Windows 8.1.
I actually had to fight and struggle with my carrier to get the Lumia 950. And now I am regretting windows 10 and this phone that my friends have named "Glitchy".
The idea between integration of computer and phone are perfect for my business! I hope that they fix things before I jump ship. Here are the downfalls of my phone after about 1 month of use.
1. Everyone asks me to call them back from a land line because it echos back to them and they say it sounds "tinny". So I have a $600 phone that people ask me not to use when I speak with them.
2. Battery is larger, but I have to charge more often than the 820.
3. This phone gets HOT. It won't burn you, but it concerns me.
4. If I haven't received any emails or texts, I have to remind myself to check the service bars. The phone will randomly quit receiving and you need to shut off and start up again. I've missed work emails because of this. Not do to changing areas or out of service. It just quits working and it is up to you to notice that your phone is a dead brick. I have service in my office, but it still magically shuts down??
5. Internet searches. Pull something up and start scrolling down. Find something and click. When you back out to search again, it starts you over at the beginning. You will have to scroll down and try to find your spot. It also does this in random files. Photos, downloaded files, xcell, word docs. A nightmare if you are using for work!
6. Xbox music has changed to groove music. I'm a music fanatic and this was a major selling point to my friends, in regards to switching to windows phone. Groove is NOT good. Lost all of my playlists with thousands of songs that I had sorted. Won't play songs from my computer library, but says that I can if I buy a pass. I NEED A PASS TO PLAY MY OWN MUSIC???
7. Iris scan is cool to tell people about. But I look stupid trying to move my phone back and forth to get a scan while everyone else is already in their phones. Cool idea on paper.
8. Pictures are super clear and great video, BUT.... Picture lag between being able to take another photo is slow. Used to be able to touch anywhere on screen and now have to hit button. Friends Samsung can just, tap, tap, tap and there is a series of photos that are clear. I have a series of blurs. But GREAT pics if everything is holding still.
9. Touch screen will sometimes not respond. Have to keep tapping on the screen or turn off and on again.
10. Doesn't support Adobe Flash. This isn't a problem, if you don't want to watch videos from those sources. Ticks me off though.
11. Get used to wanting an app, going to download and not seeing Windows as an option.
12. The speaker is Amazing with great sound. Only downfall is that it is on the back of unit. Get a case with a stand so that you can see the display and not have muffled sound when laying on it's back.
I really wanted to like this phone. Waited a long time to get it and even had to jump through all kinds of hoops to obtain it. Now I can't wait to get rid of it. Only 1 year and 11 months left with this piece of S*%#! Didn't anyone with Microsoft pick this up and try it out for a week? Add in all of the troubles with Windows 10 and you have a recipe for hours upon hours of trouble shooting with the support team. I'm in 4 hours so far.
I should have bought something else.....anything else!
Finally after the last update from yesterday, seems like everything works.
alpha software, no good get android messenger nice with google UI, forget this rubbish samsung always win. I like updates regular..and lots of nice changes, windows phone is like having UBUNTU O/S LOL on pc . People laugh say what he using??..strange phone from another galaxy hahahahah, Toyworld Phone. I like to see wallpaper not zillion tiles.
LUMIA 950- I got new update version ( 10.0.10586.164). all applications updated. internet very fast.
you know what, lumia is very good quality phone.. camera, sound, touchscreen, etc. but the OS windows is sh*t. I will not use even u give me for free.
trust me, i have a lot of bad experience.
This phone is shit by all means and in all aspects here's the brief
Battery life is shit im not using the phone and at least i have to charge it in the middle of the day
Apps the only words can describe it are under developed
All apps missing features that already exist on ios and android years ago
Getting warm while charging
Lagging and sometimes needs to be restarted to work properly
Lack of apps
Even apps made for windows phone is running better on ios or android
The only 3 advantages
Camera is awesome
Display colors an touch is the best ever
Iris scan to unlock is excellent never mistakes and very fast and more faster than any fingerprints in all other devices
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2016Its not good Microsoft make Facebook, I cant use the new Like button with Emojis :(. You can use the new feeling emoji's in the browser by holding your finger on "like" button.
Bougth this phone one month ago. I was always a Windows phone fan (Lumia 800,520,925). But this phone and Windows 10 are a joke. After one month The phone is always cracking, nothing works Like it should. This is a joke from Microsoft to sell a 500 euros phone that works Like a prototype