Dude...the one with a restarting 730...check if your phone is in warranty and get it replaced asap..
Mine had the same problem from the very first day since its purchase..within a week I went to customer care..and they made me stand for a while and reinstalled 8.1 mobile OS... I was sure this wont help...and that evening the same thing happened..random restart...the frequency of this bug was the same as you are mentioning...twice or thrice a day...next i went there...they took my phone..kept it for 10 days..gave me a lumia 710 as a replacement phone for temporary use...and returned me the phone saying there was a problem in the IC chip integration which has been fixed...but the problem persisted...finally submitted it and got a replacement and this one barely lags or restarts! :)
Karthics123, 05 May 2016Ur wrong.
excel, word apps are worst app on lumia 950xl.
We can't drag the table whereve... moreWhen you say worst, I guess you know what it means.
The very app you brag about in IOS is made by Microsoft.
If you can't create a simple document it means you are still using the free version you need office 365. (Well, you can open up an existing document on your device wipe it clean and start typing your new document. Remember to use 'save as' when you want to save, so you don't overwrite your existing document.)
You can resize your table in word, all you need to do is select print view format tap on the table, a resize arrow is at the bottom right of the table. To move the table, place your cursor above the inserted table and press enter as many times as you want.
You can add flow chart with shapes and arrows.
On a mobile device, you get the mobile version, with continuum you get the desktop version, there you can enable ruler.
You can create simple document feature using continuum, my dear get office 365.
Stop trolling. Get a life!
excel, word apps are worst app on lumia 950xl.
We can't drag the table wherever we want in a document.
We can't resize the table.
We can't add flowcharts in a document.
We can't enable ruler.
Even we can't do those things use Microsoft's continuum feature.
When we can't create a simple document using continuum feature then what is the use of microsoft's great continuum feature...?
Do you know microsoft's word, excel apps for IOS...???
In iOS word, excel apps we can drag the table wherever we want in a document and we can resize the table according to our wish.
We can add ruler in word, excel apps for iOS app..
When Microsoft is not updating it's own apps on its own platform, then how come other third party app vendors will update there apps on windows 10 mobile platform...???
Good device. I bought it couple of days ago and was really impressed. The phone for me should be all in one device and I usually use them very hard: 5 emails accounts, camera, music, AutoCad (A360), internet, social networks, messengers, music, Youtube, downloads, Office docs, skype etc - during the day and after Android (LG G4), which started to work very slow under such "pressure", Win-Lumia is like a "WOW". I had experience with Lumia 1320 for a year ago, but it was 8.1 and very basic camera, so I switched to Android. Yesterday tried the Continuum feature - its nice and handy but require a lot of improvements. Hope Microsift and other developers will not abandon that idea. Suprise, Autocad 360 supports Continuum in full screen.
The screen give good feeling while touching, the weight is a bit heavy - also a good feeling. I am not a fan of flip-cases, so I have chosen the silicone back cover - amazing grip and comfort. Awesome camera with all kind of settings and effects. I am not a gamer, but tried Blitz tanks in Continuum - nice experience. I don't regret spending 750 USD on phone with all accessories: wireless charger, display doc, Wireless display adapter and all kind of cases and cables. Highly recommended.
wp_lover, 01 May 2016I'm using a Lumia 730. I was under an option that only mid range and low end Lumia gets stuck... moreMy 1020 never restarted on windows 8, 8.1 and 10. So, probably your device need a serious format. Check the bacground apps alos. Maybe their is one app you use that causes the restarts. Reinstall the system and do not install any apps but the basics. After format never reinstall the backup. Start from scratch. If still restarts, well,...
What I like about my Lumia 950xl and windows 10.
1. Windows hello allow you to sign onto your device with your iris (not your face), better than fingerprint, because while you are asleep anyone can swipe your fingerprint on your device.
2. Glance screen is better than ever, you can view instant notifications by looking at it and also tell the time without unlocking the device thereby using zero battery for the task.
3. Best email, calendar, word, excel, power point and one note. It is just mind blowing using these in-built apps. You can access one note from the drop down menu.
4. It has the best keyboard in the world. The keyboard can been moved to any part of the screen, it can be resized, it has directional arrows which moves the cursor to any direction you want when you're typing, it has the fastest swipe to spell and equally accurate, emoji, it is available in all major languages of the world, best word prediction and auto-correction. In simple words it makes typing on the device very easy and graceful.
5. The calculator has lots of options, it can be used for all kinds of calculations e.g scientific, statistics, programmer, converter, etc.
6. It can be used as a desktop device by attaching the HD display dock.
7. Very fast and very clear camera.
8. The on-screen menu navigation keys allows you to hide the menu keys which create more screen estate for browsing and watching videos etc, it also prevents you from mistakenly clicking on them while you're intensely play a game on the device.
9. The volume and power keys are within the reach of the thumb. Once you get used to it, you easily increase or reduce the volume, lock/unlock the device.
10. Pressing and holding the menu allows you to reach distant apps or links easily.
11. Voices/speech of different major languages in the world can be downloaded and used for related apps e.g maps, Cortana, audio books, etc.
10. All messages are in one place.
nexus6, 01 May 2016Maybe they should fix the bug ridden OS first before adding features, oh and add some decent a... moreYour just are trolling and spreading an old news, you don't use or own a Lumia.
All the bugs the been trashed out in the latest update that came in April.
I bought it last week and i had to change it 3 times until today i returned it and i am so disappointed, i was looking forward to use this phone but so much problem, no wonder it's not popular .
Maybe they should fix the bug ridden OS first before adding features, oh and add some decent apps too. The store contents like something out of 2010
I'm using a Lumia 730. I was under an option that only mid range and low end Lumia gets stuck and restarts automatically. But late I found that all the Lumia has the same problem. Why this is happening. My mobile was restarting 3 time in a day when it was ruining 8.1... After upgrading to 10, initially I felt it has decreased to 2-3 times in a day. But it is same. Even when phone is locked it turns off and turns on by itself. Irritating one. Android mobile hangs, windows phone restarts..
My 1520 fell and smashed. Was offered the 950XL as a replacement.
1520 was light years better in looks and build and has a bigger screen (I like that). 950XL feels like a kids toy. Seems very cheaply put together and actually creaks like a toy too. Great display and camera and is somewhat faster than the 1520. Am I happy? Jury still out.
Sher123, 24 Apr 2016Will buy...when its price fall....₹15k. Gud at this range. In ur dreams maybe...its not possible there too actually