is this mobile safe to keep in a tight fit jeans, is the screen very delecate. please tell me the cost of this mobile in India
come to the cool moblie in auckland ~i m working there anybody want a1000 in nz plz email me
Where can I find this mobile phone in New Zealand ? I like the design and all the features... I would like find one and buy it...
can anyone tell me this... those applications that run under palm or pocket pc os, can they run under symbian OS? Thanks
Lost the stylus. fell on floor and between the cracks on the wooden floor! Let me know where i can find a replacement. the 3 store could not help me. Thanks.
I lost the stylus of my motorola a1000, can someone please tell me where i can buy another new same stylus, i tried hard but could not find on internet (google, motorola.co.uk)
Actually we have a VGA and a 1.2Mega pixel camera, I whish was 3M pixel!!
A1000 is provided with AGPS (assisted by network) as well as autonomous GPS, I have an ap for GPS (beta), since I'm not in Europe I'm not sure if 3 has any application for autonomous GPS. Does anyone knows? How about the Bluetooth operation you guys have any comment?
You don't work for Moto you flippin' muppet........... if you did you would at least GET THE PHONE'S SPEC RIGHT!
its a good phone. The only thing that i don't like about motorola is that it doesn't ring and vibrate at the same time, it either rings or vibrate.
Also the fact that it doesn't have infra red is critical.
Apart from that is a good phone.
Don't forget that it has a built-in GPS chip, with additinoal software (such as nhgps.com) you buy a full featured GPS, works great!
Price of A1000 at Paybal is about 250$. Somebody show me price in China??
If the guy who worked in the Motorola team could contact me, I'm one of the few "lucky" who has the phone (italy).
USER BEWARE, every symbian apps could crash your phone. It happened already to 4 people (and I know only 10/15 guys who bought it!!!!).
Motorola decided to GIVE NOT the user the chance to reset the phone, so if it will lock for software problems (happened to 4 guys, including MYSELF!!), you have to send it to motorola!!!!
Congratulations, motorola......what a big step forward. Hope you won't do any mainboard anytime soon, every time we had to clear the CMOS we will have to bring the mainboard BACK to a MOTO TECH center?!?!?!
A REALLY ANGRY GUY!!!!
Does anyone know what processor is inside this thing? The E680 has one of the new intels running at 312mhz!
I work on the A1000 product development team at Mot. We just delivered the first batch of A1000s to 3UK last week so those of you who are interested should be seeing them soon.
Some of my thoughts about this phone:
A1000 is the newest, more compact version of the dual-processor/SymbianOS platform that made up the A920/A925 phones. The A1000 was developed for the UK, Italy, and Hong Kong markets so you will probably be seeing them pop up there first. While this phone functions well as a PDA IMO the best feature of the phone is the video call performance. If you have never seen a video call over 3G before you must check it out!
What I like about this phone:
- Much smaller than the 920/925's. It fits better in your pocket!
- Dual cameras (front and rear) replaced the rotating camera drum design found on the 920/925's. Rear camera is 3 megapixel for video capture. The front or the rear camera can be used during a video call.
- Huge battery for increased time between charges. This is a major improvement over the 920/925.
- Cool wireless (bluetooth) earpiece. I think this may be sold as an accessory.
What I don't like about this phone:
- Takes about 50 seconds to boot up. Thats a long time to wait around if you just want to make a quick call.
- The tri-flash (MMC/removable memory card) has been changed to the smaller form factor and its very hard to handle if you have big fingers. The card is about 2/3 the size of the sim card! Even worse, the card is located under the battery (no external slot) so you have to power off the phone to swap out the card.
- The design of the stylus is a bit annoying - its flat and it telescopes to half of its usable size for storage in the phone. If you are a moderately firm "screen tapper" then you will find the stylus getting shorter as you tap. This gets worse as the stylus wears from repeated insertions into the phone.
All things considered, the A1000 is a nice phone loaded with features. I hope those of you who buy one enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you.
I used to be a nokia fan, but . . .
Nokia does not have an idea what 3G means, and trying to make a 3G phone, what a laugh. The first attempt was taken of the market because this "Video-Phone" did not have a camera at all - What where they thinking???
Because I usually take my phone to school i dont really want to take a pen to school because don't it get in the way a bit and what do u do if you lose it!so is there an add on to add a keypad or something!?