Price of A1000 at Paybal is about 250$. Somebody show me price in China??
If the guy who worked in the Motorola team could contact me, I'm one of the few "lucky" who has the phone (italy).
USER BEWARE, every symbian apps could crash your phone. It happened already to 4 people (and I know only 10/15 guys who bought it!!!!).
Motorola decided to GIVE NOT the user the chance to reset the phone, so if it will lock for software problems (happened to 4 guys, including MYSELF!!), you have to send it to motorola!!!!
Congratulations, motorola......what a big step forward. Hope you won't do any mainboard anytime soon, every time we had to clear the CMOS we will have to bring the mainboard BACK to a MOTO TECH center?!?!?!
A REALLY ANGRY GUY!!!!
can i use video confrencing in united state with a1000?
Does anyone know what processor is inside this thing? The E680 has one of the new intels running at 312mhz!
I work on the A1000 product development team at Mot. We just delivered the first batch of A1000s to 3UK last week so those of you who are interested should be seeing them soon.
Some of my thoughts about this phone:
A1000 is the newest, more compact version of the dual-processor/SymbianOS platform that made up the A920/A925 phones. The A1000 was developed for the UK, Italy, and Hong Kong markets so you will probably be seeing them pop up there first. While this phone functions well as a PDA IMO the best feature of the phone is the video call performance. If you have never seen a video call over 3G before you must check it out!
What I like about this phone:
- Much smaller than the 920/925's. It fits better in your pocket!
- Dual cameras (front and rear) replaced the rotating camera drum design found on the 920/925's. Rear camera is 3 megapixel for video capture. The front or the rear camera can be used during a video call.
- Huge battery for increased time between charges. This is a major improvement over the 920/925.
- Cool wireless (bluetooth) earpiece. I think this may be sold as an accessory.
What I don't like about this phone:
- Takes about 50 seconds to boot up. Thats a long time to wait around if you just want to make a quick call.
- The tri-flash (MMC/removable memory card) has been changed to the smaller form factor and its very hard to handle if you have big fingers. The card is about 2/3 the size of the sim card! Even worse, the card is located under the battery (no external slot) so you have to power off the phone to swap out the card.
- The design of the stylus is a bit annoying - its flat and it telescopes to half of its usable size for storage in the phone. If you are a moderately firm "screen tapper" then you will find the stylus getting shorter as you tap. This gets worse as the stylus wears from repeated insertions into the phone.
All things considered, the A1000 is a nice phone loaded with features. I hope those of you who buy one enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you.
I used to be a nokia fan, but . . .
Nokia does not have an idea what 3G means, and trying to make a 3G phone, what a laugh. The first attempt was taken of the market because this "Video-Phone" did not have a camera at all - What where they thinking???
Because I usually take my phone to school i dont really want to take a pen to school because don't it get in the way a bit and what do u do if you lose it!so is there an add on to add a keypad or something!?
Wold you please let me know that when this product will be available on the market (A1000 from motorola)
well, this phone hv exellnt design. but the 1.2 megapixel camera really can't capture any good photo. can the camera be upgrade ??
This phone has a TOUCHSCREEN. It is a PDA. You touch the numberpad on the screen to dial. How can you compare this phone to the Siemans or Nokia? Esentially this phone is a more compact version of the A900/925 with a better camera! Also this phone works on GSM AND 3G for VIDEO CONVERSATIONS ...
It use a stylus for dialing numbers using the touchscreen.
I'm interested in the GPS feature of this phone. Does this mean that it has INTEGRATED GPS? Does the GPS works with Australian map?
I need more memory and flash for this model.
Well your buying a phone, not a camera. Given that fact a 1.2MP camera is a pretty descent device for a mere novelty.
I really like the phone having that much of features, but I don't feel this product has much different than previous P800 & P900. In the current world, it should have at least 6 band (UMTS, CDMA2000, GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900)all together, because a lot of people still have to cross continents everyday and they may need them all. Also, it should have EDGE as well since EDGE getting popular in North America (GPRS has been outdated). Finally, the build-in camera had better have 3.0 or above mega-pixels since 1.2MP couldn't take any good picture really.
This is a wonderful phone for African market. Pls send us all prices of Motorola GSM phones urgently. your terms of payment and contact details.
any release date published
when this thing will come out at malaysia?
wat the price?
i really love this phone!!!!!!!!!!
so, if it doesn`t have the pad number, you always depend on a stylus pen to dial numbers?... please answer me thanks
how can I dial a number in this phone?