U can install java app on thin phone.this phone supports j2mez app.
for free download app
ă€‚www.tagtag.com (for wap users)
One of the brstPDA with Linux OS means no worrys for viruses.
some of main features of this beauty are
ă€‚CAMERA - givrs good and decent quality pictures. main attraction is macro mode.for close up pictures.
ă€‚SCREEN- very cleare 262k color touch screen with QVGA display(320x240).size 2.4"
ă€‚CONNECTIVITY- For connectivity this phone have Bluetooth GPRS USB connectivity threw mini USB.standard 2.5 mm jack for audio output. MOTOROLA SHOULD ADD WI FI TO THIS PDA
ă€‚MULTIMEDIA - This phone comes with real player which can play allmost every format of music files . u can watch mp4 and 3gp movies as well. This phone supports A2DP profile means advance audio distribution profile. u can listin songs wirelessly threw bluetooth headset.
Image editor adds fun in editing images.FM radio is good in sound quality. sound recorder is also available for recording calls and voice.
This beauty have lots more features like business card reader .e-mail and html and xhtml browser.
one of the best pda in the market.linux os is good and no worrrys for viruses. motorola should add wifi on this must hav business phone
can anyone give me the correct settings for tmobile picture messaging please , i had my moto a1200 for a month.
it a very kool PDA, as it not having windows Software but for a good experience and with goods looks
i want to purchase a1200 pls let me know does it has good sound quality.i'm planning to purchase eihter moto a1200 or nokia n 70 pls help
Can anyone who uses the A1200 with Tmobile help me how to access Tzones? Thanks!!!
This is my review for Motorola A1200 (Ming) phone:
3 out of 10.
This is an amazing piece of hardware: beautiful, small, nice buttons, and most important - it includes touch screen. However, the software of this phone is the worst I've ever encountered in the last 10 years in any electronic device. The user interface is terrible, full of bugs, and not flexible at all. Take a look in Motorolafans.com forums to get an idea of the number of flaws in the a1200 software. If you are a Linux fan, and expect to be able to rewrite some applications for the phone, then think again, because Motorola made it impossible to change most of the phone functions. Motorola could make this phone get a score of 9 out of 10 by improving the user interface.
The phone is beautiful, small, light, and feels good in the hands. The screen shows nice pictures, and the touch-screen functionality is accurate. The buttons and joystick feels good. However, there are 4 main flaws:
1) The flip is hard to open with one hand - not like in other Motorola phones. Sometimes when trying to answer a call I open the flip and then my finger slip and it closes and hangs the call.
2) The touch screen is very sensitive to scratches. DO NOT drag the pen on it, otherwise you are seriously risking in a new scratch on the screen. This is a very strange characteristic for a touch screen phone - why couldn't they pick the same materials as other companies (Sony-Ericson for instance) did many years ago ?
3) Some users reported that the color pilled of the silver button on the side of the phone. However, mine is in good condition after 2 months of use.
4) This phone does not support 3rd generation - strange for a phone in this range of prices.
Overall, taking all the cons into consideration, this is still one of the best hardware used for cellular phones at the present time.
Don't be lead by the beautiful appearance of this phone and by the fact that it is using Linux-based operating system. The phone software and interface may make you sorry that you bought it (well, I'm not sorry about buying it because this is the only option for small touch-screen phone with flip). Well, were to start ? Take a look at the forums of Motorolafans.com, and see how many issues are involved with this phone, what kind of strange (and sometimes dangerous) hacks you need to do in order to fix some problems, and how many issues are unsolved. This is not how a cellphone should be !!! Here is a short list of some problems:
- There is no tool to update the software of the phone, so if Motorola fixes a bug, there is no official way to get the fix.... So you're stuck with what you bought.
- Every time that I make a phone call, two (!!) pop-up windows appear on the screen, and freezes everything for several seconds. One of the windows is saying that I have a voice mailbox (who doesn't ? we are in 2007, aren't we?), and the second widow says something that no one understands (I asked in some forums, and nobody have a clue about the meaning of this message). Just imagine, two pop-up windows every time that I make a call !!! Some guys in motorolafans.com have found a solution to the first window - if you disable your voice mail, then the window may disappear (given that your provider let you disable call diverts). Well, so if you don't need a voice mail, this might be the phone for you...
- The volume is not sufficient for many users.
- The phone internal Opera web browser makes unexpected internal errors in random occasions (on the same web page it might work flawlessly one time, and fail on another).
- The interface between the phone dialer and address book is not good. For instance, you can not write a number in the dialer and then store it as a contact without dialing the number first. I can not point on the exact other problems with this issue, but it is definitely less comfortable then other phones that I used.
- Scrolling down the list of contacts in address book if very slow - unless you drag the scroll bar with your pen which will scratch the screen.
- You can set the email reader not to download large emails. But then it does not even let you know that you received such emails.
- The phone (at least mine) reboots itself with no particular reason from time to time. This is not a big deal, but it is definitely strange behavior.
- Motorola programmers (not all of them are good according to the results with this phone) set the shortcuts to important applications on the main screen. Their choice of "important" applications is strange however: the video camera got one of the 5 icons. The ring style settings got the second shortcut, etc. You have the choice of changing the shortcuts, but only 2 of the 5. Which means that you will always see the video camera, web browser, and ring style shortcuts on your main screen, but will have to spend much more efforts to access your real favorite applications.
- On the main screen there is no indication whether you set up your alarm clock (and, as you may find out in the hard way, in order to complete setting the alarm clock you have to click the appropriate "save" button).
You got the idea. There are so much more of those annoying "features", or bugs, or whatever you want to call it. I will just save you the time and stop right here.
Well, some of you might say "but it is base on Linux, so the community might be able to solve all those issues". Wrong ! Motorola have made it impossible for the community to fix most of those bugs. There is no source code for the important stuff, and no official tools to compile, debug, etc.
Good luck with your phone....
can anyone tell which ones the better one b/w rokr e6 and the a1200...features look pretty much the same.........
any canadian rogers users been able to get the internet to work....I have the settings but have been unable to input them into the phone correctly to get them to work.
hi,to make a1200 read your text messages,your need to turn on talking phone.you go to
setup>click on voice command >and check talking phone and click save.
I have moto Ming, and facing a strange porblem, its been just one month of my purchase. Whenever I click on the application, it doesnt not remain static, it lists all the app icons and stands at the end of page. If i click on address book, here also, it doesnt allow me to check the name, but it keeps auto scrolling till the end of the book and stops. This is really anoying. But When I restart, it works good for some minutes, till I close the Flap.
Any reasons? any body has come across such thing ??
can anyone help me out. how do you get the a1200 to read you, your text messages.. im trying to figure that out.! anyone know?
Does this phone have same email capabilities as blackberry?? i.e. instant email/push email
GUYZ!!..Guyz!! . .. this is a fantastic phone . . BUT . ..anyone can help me . .where to download games compatible to this A1200 phone .. any free websites???...help me pls...im dying to play games . . . .