ive had this phone for a while now. so far its been a great little phone for me. i dont really use the finger writing as much other than actually trying to learn how to write chinese characters haha. the text to voice feature is entertaining as well. the questions/problems i have to date are...
i receive a text message any time i get a vmail or even access my vmail (very annoying). i tried asking tmobile for help with this but they said they cant support my phone.
the reception is so-so compared to my v710 i had with verizon but im thinking thats b/c it was verizon
my biggest problem is that i can never hear ppl when i am outside or if there is any ambient noise...really sucks.
a feature i just realized though is that the alarm will ring even if you have the phone turned off...woke me up when i didnt want to be awoken.
if anyone knows how to switch the dictionary and the text to default english that would be awesome.
Does anyone know how to get their text messaging to work? I can receive text messages but for some reason it won't let me send them and I also can't seem to connect to the internet through Cingular? Can anyone help?
i'm thinking about getting this phone but i saw pictures of it earlier and the color on the screen seemed like it wasn't the best, can anyone tell me how the color on the phone is? good, bad, alright?
i was bough this phone cell in taiwan on february, but i don't know why the battrey just ane and half our for tolk time and 28 ours for standby time
To the person who said they can't
receive picture messages on Tmobile...
I just responded to someone's question
about how to set up internet
GPRS / MMS settings for this phone on Hofo:
Maybe that'll help. At least it's the right
This phone is pretty awesome, i got the black version. Everything is good except for... the reception!!! it sucks, all my phones before i got full reception in my room, now i get 2 bars, 3 if im lucky. then, the clock on the phone restarts a couple times, so it gets kind of annoying. and.. finally you cant put a custom ringtone onto seperate people, only groups, and you can only put in like 5 custom ringtones. and motorola sucks for not giving a memory card with the phone.
on the plus side, this phone is just plain sexy. and it's pretty easy to use, lots of games that come with it and the writing with your finger is bunches of fun.
(p.s if anybody knows how to change the dictionary to english let me know, i cant figure it out)
this phones great a fab phone hey form changing ur lang to english do this on ur number pad move ur hand from left to right and later form right to left at the same time if u here a click thta means ur language has changed hope this helped u
I can't send or receive picture messages. Does anyone know what i have to do? Do I have to call T-Mobile? If so, what do i ask them?
hi i just got this phone and it's so nice! but does anyone kno how many songs it can hold without using the memory card for it? or do you need to use a memory card to play the music player on the phone? thanks.
Hey guys. How many finger writing options do you have?? I have bpmf, trad. stroke, simp. stroke, and pinyin. I don't have an english finger writing option, but they mention it in the manual. Can anyone help??
does the phone have a flashlight by the camera because im thinking of gettin it
Hey people, I just got this phone a week ago, and its awesome. For those of you who don't know how to use the mp3 player yet, I figure it out finally. 1st you have to transfer the file into the flash card into the melody folder. Next unplug the usb cable, otherwise it locks you from accessing the flash card. Next create/select the playlist. Next "add folder" where the music file is stored. Then it will prompt you to select the storage. Select from "Memory card", otherwise you won't see the music files. Now you should be able to listen to the mp3 music files. It took me a while to figure this out cuz it does not explicitly tell you to do this in the manual.
The phone is very user friendly & the camerea takes great pictures; you will not be dissapointed. The camera quality is much higher than what I have seen & had in the past.
hello der..im thinking of getting Motorola A732 soon but is it user friendly and can i use the camera even if it is close?
3) is there a way to switch to vibrate only for a ringer easily? Yes hold down the # key for a few seconds. This will put in in & out of vibrate mode
4) when plugging into the usb on my computer it asks for software...where do i get this? Still searching for an answer on this one
5) is there a us power adapter available or do i just need to use the foreign adapter? So far my forien adapter works fine, but I mainly charge it through the USB port. I also found a phone charge at a local retailer.
Good Luck, Bygbaby
i just got this phone two days ago and so far its awesome. i have a few technical questions as its a pretty intense phone.
1) is there a way to make the default for the finger stroke writing to be in english as opposed to chinese?
2) is there a way to turn the backlight on the phone while closed to see the time display without unlocking the keypad or sliding it open
3) is there a way to switch to vibrate only for a ringer easily?
4) when plugging into the usb on my computer it asks for software...where do i get this?
5) is there a us power adapter available or do i just need to use the foreign adapter
thanks in advance for any help
1. Will it ring and vibrate at the same time? Yes it will, has various settings to choose from & you can customize.
2. Does it have photo Caller ID? Yes, you can add an image to your contacts for this effect. I have created several for myself & you can see them at this URL http://tinyurl.com/e9795
3. Is the video OK quality & How long will it record? I am not certain of this yet.
4. Is it actually a touchscreen? Seems to be conflicting posts about that. The screen is not touch screen it is the keypad only. Which can be used for data entry or adding little notes. I find this feature very easy to use.
Good Luck & I know you will love this phone!!!
A few questions for anyone who has one of these:
1. Will it ring and vibrate at the same time?
2. Does it have photo Caller ID?
3. Is the video OK quality & How long will it record?
4. Is it actually a touchscreen? Seems to be conflicting posts about that.