Anonymous, 14 May 2012It looks like I'm very unlucky with my Defy+. I'm using it for over 2 months now and i have ve... morewhat SD card ur using??? use a 4 speed memory card fr this phone....install the new software version frm the service center...all bugs are solved in the new updated 2.3.6 version......kernal version changed......
MimoWissa, 12 May 2012i wish to get a rugged mobile, i was choosing between the DEFY+ & Xperia Active ... i can ... moreI would suggest the defy + .Being a proud owner of one it has a superb resolution, great battery and is really tough (survived a 6 foot drop on hard concrete with barely a tiny scratch on the edge!!).This phone is ready lifeproof!
It looks like I'm very unlucky with my Defy+. I'm using it for over 2 months now and i have very little positive to report on this phone.
I'll just make a quick summary of the issues i'm experiencing (I'm running Android v2.3.6):
- My Defy+ is not recognized by Vista of XP when plugged in the computer. I can't transfer any files or music to the SD card.
- Some files on the SD are just not recognized by the phone. Some music albums seem to vanish when I search for them (on the phone).
- Music player often crashes (presumably because of these SD card issues)
- Spontaneous reboots (no falls or shocks or anything prior to these events)
- System crashes A LOT. Only removing battery will help in this case
- Gallery doens't work. Most of the time, you can take pictures but these aren't saved. More often than not, the gallery doesn't show anything. When you CAN save your pictures, they often dissapear after a while.
- Quickoffice (build-in app for office files) crashes everytime I open a Word or Excel file. Have not tried other types of files yet.
- This phone is definitely not shock proof. A fall from less than 2 feet often results in reboot or crash. (I hope it never falls in a puddle of water or something, i'm having serious doubts about water resistance)
- Back-up alarm (loud beep when it's going off for 5 minutes) doesn't work
In short: don't buy this phone.
I have this phone for a while (~6 months) and I love it! Best choice for this kind of phones. (I mean ... if you want a phone dust and water resitant)
NB, 11 May 2012In my country for 15k you can get nice BMW :Dyou must live on iran,yes?
i wish to get a rugged mobile, i was choosing between the DEFY+ & Xperia Active ... i can see from the comments here that the DEFY+ have alot of hardware and software faults ... what would you recommend for me?
AW, 08 May 2012Hi guys!! I am looking for 15K android phone… Is defy plus the right choice? I would say that is you need to buy 15,000 phones that you don't need to be very picky :)
Anonymous, 11 May 2012no1 should buy defy plus..it wont get update to ice cream sandwichSilly statement when manufacturers are recommending not upgrading (even when it is possible) for lower powered devices like the Neo V.
ICS will not run as fast. ICS has heavy RAM, CPU and GPU requirements and does not offer that much additional functionality.
Your poorly researched statement adds little/no value.
AW, 08 May 2012Hi guys!! I am looking for 15K android phone… Is defy plus the right choice? In my country for 15k you can get nice BMW :D
You can have problems with any phone-but one common cause is putting an SD card in your phone that has not been formatted. If your SD card was used in a previous phone and still contains some data codes related to that phone, then you likely will experience a variety of breakdowns with your phone. Before putting in your old Sd card, be sure to erase all old data files (other than videos or music or photos) and then try it. I've seen several phones crash right in front of me because store clerks just quickly put my old card in before I could stop them. Now, I take it out before I trade phones.
guys using this phone for past 3 months till now had no problem with it reall good phone....
i have seen many people posting that this phone hangs but i have never such bad experience with this phone..
what i like about this phone is that HD games also runs very soomthly ...
so if anyone needs a good smartphone in less than rs15000-INR than go for it...
AW, 08 May 2012Hi guys!! I am looking for 15K android phone… Is defy plus the right choice? definitely an awesome choice to go for a defy plus its an awesome phone and value for money
Hi guys!! I am looking for 15K android phone… Is defy plus the right choice?
Thanks to all who answered my queries.
I see many people have BAD experiences with this phone.
I had very good mood to buy this phone but now, I think I need to think about any other phone.
Does anyone here have good experience with Moto Defy+ ?
And please suggest me any other good Android phone for ₹ 15-16k.
I have heared sumwer defy plus will get ICS upgrade frm moto in da month of august