Must read for evryone.All owners are requested to read carefully and give your expert views....please ........
I purchased this set 3 days back . I wanted to go for K700 previously but due to loud and surround sound mp3 ringtones and 64mb capacity i got this one. I conclude that following are the drawbacks --->
1. phonebook contains only 1 type of number at a time .should have been more like SE or nokia and should have been expandable when 70 mb is avlbl
2. Battery (maybe due to new) is acting strange. I have charged for atleast 4-5 times for 8-12 hrs but only once it got "fully charged" message. on charging , out of 3 bars only 1 keeps on blinking . when disconnected 3 bars appear but drains very fast. do anyone know why this is happening ?????????
3.downloaded pictured appear very small and do not fit full on the screen .
4.mp3's which are stored on mmc have to be stored on phone memory to set as ring signal which is very small 4 mb only .it's frustrating to move each time.
5.sms capacity is very very less. It sucks bcoz even after having 70 mb you can store only 15-20.
6.Themes though loaded in by company are good but only 3 are there out of which only 1 is worth keeping . Also when themes are changed ring tone is changed.
7. I used T610 earlier and could load ample of themes from net for free but I did not find any theme or skins for this model.could it be bcoz it's new entry or I am not aware . Puhhhhhhhhhhlease someone advise as I am really bored of preloaded ones.
8. Camera is fairly good vga camera and the screen resolution is also v crisp and good even in sunlight.far better than T610 but I notice a flaw here . The pictures viewfinder is only 75% when shot , secondly when stored it is viewed blackened . To view it properly the phone has to be tilted at angle to see clear view and full colors brightness.
Lastly when pictures attached to phonebook, during incoming call the photo size is very small i.e thumbnail only . in this case the T610 pic size was better.
thanks in advance and waiting . u r also requested to mail if possible .
TO jasp-jasp, i'm that unknown guy anyway.. yea Fye was right my sister work in motorola who got this promotion of rm720 lor.. i'm in SG and the warrenty is onli valid in malaysia. its ok with me as its so damn cheap.. err.. jasp-jasp, i dun think i can get another one for ya.. my sis says she already sent in de order to motorola liaos.. juz too bad.. maybe u can wait for the price to drop and get it.. its a great phone.. =) cheers!
this phone is awesome. i am using it myself. and it is amazing! go for it if you want the best phone in the market.
I have some questions for Motorola E398 users:
1) Does this phone has sms report (delivered/ pending)?
2) Can u add a picture from memory to a contact entry ?
3) Can u erase all the contacts on the sim with 1 touch? Or move ALL (not 1 by 1) the contacts from sim to phone memory?
thanks in advance
Just got this phone. The looks is cool and sleek. The sound is awesome and loud! You can customise your own mp3 ringtones for voice calls and sms alert seperately. But, it doesn't support animated wallpaper. Else it will be prefect!
I have purchased E398, and believe me its excellent phone.
I can use my bluetooth headset. Can sync my laptop via bluetooth.
For such a good quality of Sound 64MB is bit low. But I think 128MB is the max Sandisk provides in Trans Flash.
Can anybody tell me if I can have a Sandisk T-Flash of size more than 128MB.
Just bought this phone I am absolutely loving it. Has great sound, a lot better than i was expecting. The software for the computer allowed to crop my Mp3's to load them onto the phone as a smaller ring tone. Only problem is its a bit slow in the response time during screen changes. Overall i think the phone is awesome.
does anyone know where you can get video recorder software for this phone because it has EVERYTHING ELSE apart from a video recorder (what a shame!!) ???
i just love this model of motorola. hope this will bring a new trend among mobile phones. i am planning to buy this model at the earliest. i would like to know the proce of this model. wishing all the best for the success of this model.
TO Unknown ... 720 ..got any cert or warranty with that ?? ..can you get another one for me ??
Just read up on this brilliant phone, i am very impressed, although i'd just like to have a little gripe;
I jusat wish Nokia made a phone just like this, yes, i am a Nokia fan, and lately that seems like a dying trend, but spedning my youth with a trusty Nokia 3315 has been a true pleasure, and the typical Nokia layout still appeals to me, which is why within a month or so i will probably purchase the Nokia 6230, and if your reading this and u havent looked at it, please do, it's a marvelous mobile, back to wat i was saying before, i would absolutely love to see a Nokia phone in the simple style like this fone and the 6230, 6220, etc..with all the capabilities, features.
All and all i'd have to go for the Nokia 6230 over this fone, but mainly because of me being used to basic Nokia functions.
But, i can clearly see that the E398 has a fantastic screen and resolution, but really, what does that matter unless you want large prints of your pictures?
Twang>>> Why do u need the infrared port when u get data cable in package and also got bluetooth on the phone ??? infrared port is past time as it has low speed
Well it is GREAT.... ythe stereo sound and the HAPTICS is really mind blowing effects I am very much satisfied and feelgreat by using it one question I wanted to know Can we upgrade the residents software now or in coming future. Thanks M S CHUGH
The dude who got it for RM720 either bought it thru a friend, who is working for Motorola, or he/she him/herself works there.
I just dun understand why this idiotic phone makers can't add in the infra-red function!