its does indeed have a flash (actually a bright light, in common with other phones)
it also has a dedicated camera button, so you can take pictures quickly without going through the menu
dunno about the guy who compared moto with siemens. this is an awesome phone. the main corner cut is the vga camera, but as all phone cameras are complete pants this hardly make a difference to me. the best phone camera i have used is the sony 750i, but when compared to my canon ixus 700 the picture are not worth taking.
this is my review of this phone:
just bought a motorola e770v from vodafone shop for £90 (gave me a tenner off the official price). got a bit bored of my v3 and wanted try the new sky content on voda 3g.
very impressive phone for the price, some things could be improved but can't complain for £90.
1. clear excellent screen (176x220)
2. bluetooth with modem profiles
3. usb cable included in box
4. stereo headphones included in box
5. expandable with transfask card (32m one included)
6. good mp3 player
7. video play back quality quite good
8. new sky channels render well and are nice when bored on a train - although no substitute for real thing of course
9. looks good
10. sits in hand well
11. feels sturdily built
12. 5 generation motorola 3g phone, have learnt alot, much less buttons then e1000 and better thought out
13. quite light, only 108 grams
15. 1900 band for usa and other country usage
16. good moto facility of being able to choose band. saves battery where no 3g available
17. browser quite good. still experimenting but actually manages to render some real html pages
18. full version of moto phone tools cd included (i.e. can sync with outlook out of the box, not like the horrible 'light' version that moto has been shipping with some phones)
1. only vga camera (but i don't care as i never use phone cameras)
2. to get to menu have to click joystick on main screen, no special button for this
3. joystick a bit wobbly, might just be my one, although works well
4. still thicker then 2g phone, but weight more then makes up
5. no case included (who am I kidding for £90!)
6. no radio
7. voda version has white sides which might become dirty
8. transflash card is installed under battery, although i never take this out so i don't care.
I think this phone could do really well as a £200 phone. It beats the sony v600 in everything but camera (that is 1.3 mega).
IMHO beats the e1000.
battery life seems quite good. beats the hell out of the samsung z500 and is lasting for 3days and nights with my normal usage.
in summary an awesome, well built and small 3g phone. vga camera is main downer if you are into pictures.
Why did d_only_1 say the e770 has 30mb internal memory when the specifications say it only has 16???
Hey, Im looking at getting this fone, I know it has bluetooth but does it also have infrared?
yes i got it fixed... for 95 euro... considering the fact that i got this phone online from vodafone for 130 euro i think i got royally screwed there
Could some one tell me if I can use the Motorola HS801 Bluetooth headset with this phone? I think it can but wanna be sure!!
Hey maxymax did you ever get it fixed?
did you ever get it to turn back on?
yes you can watch full lenght movies, just download xilisoft 3gp video converter (www.torrentspy.com), then download any movie, and use the above program to convert it, then go to Connectivity->USB and set to connect to memory card instead of data connection which is set by default.
BUT... all my previous 2 reviews pretty much praised this phone... until today i got the boot loader screen all of a sudden and now it doesnt even turn on!!!! I dunno if its just my phone or not... but still... and my 14days wararnty was just over yesterdat,, bummer!
Cheers great reviews guys.
So then could you actually watch a full length film on this phone if the means to download one were there?
ah yeah, almost forgot, here are answers on the questions ppl had about this phone:
you can play java games on it (even 3d)
you can use it even when u dont have 3g coverage
in my opinion the call quality is great, 8/10
no major bugs, i have noticed only one very minor one - when you dial any phone number, sometimes it says failed, but when you redial it for the 2nd time it works... strange bug but happens very rarely... about once in every 20 outgoing phonecalls
262k colour tft screen, not 65k as stated in some sources... very bright and sharp picture, i would give it 8.5/10
battery is above average for a 3g phone, about 7/10
it has vga cam, max pic res is 640x480, pic quality is about 7.5/10, the same goes for video.
The best value for money... i was in doubt as to whether i should get this phone or not... Since this time around i was on a tight budget and i wanted a 3g phone i got this motorola e770v...i owned two 3g phones before and i must tell ya that this one is way better than two of those taken together. I got it for 129.99euro on vodafone.ie with 100 euro free call cred, plus i got a free mem card and handsfree... THE BATTERY LASTED SURPRISINGLY LONG FOR A 3G PHONE! i have about 2.5 hours of video on it, which i watched for about an hour and a half, then i listened to my mp3's for about 3 hours, then watched another hour worth of video, and made about half an hour worth of phonecalls and sent about 8-10 sms's and the battery still had one bar left (out of 3 ) by the end of the day after all that usage.!!!
In my opinion, this is a great phone that costs relatively very little compared to other 3g phones (i think its one of the cheapest, or maybe it was just a promotion from vodafone??) but it has all the same functions as the more expensive ones...and its smaller than most of other 3g phones too!!! So if you want a 3g phone and dont wanna spend 500 quid on it, this is right up your street! And its very stylish too in true HelloMoto fashion!
The mobile has aprox 30MB and comes with an extra MicroSD/Transflash card of 32MB. About 60MB total available. Not bad. And there are MicroSD cards up to 512MB, and 1GB is coming soon.
belive this phone is just like the motorola e398 for it has cam mp3 bluetooth and in silver it looks very simular
Er... someone could tell me the size of his memory? There is the possibility of a memory card?... thanks
I'm still not sure if the phone has 65.000 or 260.000 colors.. Vodafone has the E770v and the site also says it has 65.000 colors...