I definitely need some kind of case for my phone but have no idea what to get thus far.
I'm thinking about going with the zagg invisibleshield, but haven't decided yet.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Here, Personal is selling the Milestone for about 275 u$s.
i'm thinking of buying a new phone but cant decide which one is better between Motorola Milestone vs iPhone 3GS vs Blackberry Storm2 vs Nokia X6? ur opinion pls!
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2009Why without radio ?a n d r o i d - -> a d d-i r o n - -> d o n-r a i d - -> no-radio
Google team has made a mistake. It should to be Anoroid OS instead Android!
Any other question?
Anonymous, 21 Dec 2009Hey guys u will see motorola will right back at its place where it was in 2005 i agree
Milestone (Eng ver) was just released in HK for about US$600, contract free and unlock with 8GB card. Some shops offer an extra 4GB and other goodies with that price.
No cradle at this moment, which is what I'm waiting for.
So glad...(or what a phone suppose to do!) I can have English manual and the ability to type / view Chinese characters....unlike the stupid WM 6.1 based A3100 (totally blaming the O/S), which Bill Gates said either you've English manual but can't view Chinese characters, or view Chinese characters with Chinese manual ONLY.
Sold my A3100 in about 2 months after switching back to English version....and now I'm ready for this Milestone.
After 4 days of use, I'm very dissaponted. Beginig with the hardware:
-Battery life, 2 hs mp3 listening, 10 mins talk, 5 mins sending sms messages, and after 5 hours the phone is dead.
-Keyboard: Why motorola put that 5 way navigation keys? With a simple 4 cursor keys placed as standard keys and a bigger enter key it would be enough to achieve the same functionality with bigger keys.
- The copy-paste functionality doesn't exist: If you try to mark a text with your finger you will end with the wrong copied text 98% of the times. The copy-paste option is not allways accesible, Gmail client doesn't have that, SMS client let you copy an entire message...
- There are 2 mail clients... The idea was to unify things wasn't it?
- Desktop(main screen): Because of the grid spacing that the desktop uses to align the icons and widgets, there is very limited space to place those things, it is common to see a message telling that a widget doesn't have enough space. There is no way to customize the grid spacing.
- The phone always sends unicode characters in SMS messages, thus you only have 80 characters per message, at least that's what happens here, where the phone is configured in spanish. There was no configuration to tell the client to use other character set.
- Sometimes the SMS application stops abnormaly when you want to send a message from the contacts application.
- The bluetooth is very limited. There is not a phone book sync, so forget to search a contact throught your car's BT system.
- There are no tone controls, not even the basic ones.
- There are limited video codecs
My conclusion is that both the hardware and software need more development. Comparing Android 2.0 with other phone operating systems, I see that android has future but today is very limited for a smartphone end user. The phone is full of features but none of them are completely finished.
Hey guys u will see motorola will right back at its place where it was in 2005
New Moto Droid features, Rooting devices, New Beautiful Widgets
The Moto Droid has it all, but you want more right? In the future what new features would you like to see added to your Droid?
Ever wonder what exactly "rooting" your Android device means? Our sub-forum, Android Development and Hacking, is a great place to get all the information you need.
The ever popular Beautiful Widgets is back, new and improved. Gone is the Sense UI inspired look but we think it's looking pretty sharp on our Moto Droids...
Love my droid. It's nice to have an MP3 player that doesn't have me constantly trying to adjust the sound settings & increasing the bass. Anyone else noticed how much better the droid sounds than the iPod touch? That said I'd really like video out. Also how about a DLNA/UpNP server with video playback. I have Andromote and it recognizes my PC and media servers but will only play music, no video. I'd love to be able to access all my video files and podcasts. Nice to be able to leave the livingroom and access the same files without buying another streaming media device. I haven't paid for the Andromote upgrade since I already have access to my music elsewhere. I'd pay quite a bit for video access though.
Anonymous, 20 Dec 2009Which is bettet samsung omnia 2, lg arena or moto droid aka milestonemilestone is 1st 2009 smart phone and very beter than all samsung and lg phone