when it releases in other countries, will it come out with a qwerty board or will it stay as a qwertz?
Anonymous, 12 Dec 2009pls review it
u can wtch phone arena's video review of it on youtube..
they NEED it to sell well because for the month of December they have the exclusive offering of the device.
Then a few websites began reporting the Motorola Milestone had sold out and was the fastest selling gadget in history:
But if you check the Expansys website right now, you can easily put one in your shopping cart and make the purchase immediately:motorola milestone
So what gives? What actually “sold out” was the “first shipment” and a “second shipment” was already on the way and based on what’s in stock right now- presumably arrived. In this case, “sold out” is sort of misleading… wouldn’t you agree? They could have had 20 units the first day and planned to “sell out in record time”, published a press release about how they sold out in record time, had 50,000 units delivered the next day, and enjoyed the orders from everyone thinking they got one of the last units of a device that should probably be sold-out
I like the “in time for Christmas orders” when they clearly were about 20 minutes away from homey’s front porch. And honestly, I bet this very article will further drive sales even though I’m stating the “sold out” thing is probably overdone and self-hype more than anything else. Granted… the device is WORTHY of selling out but it all just seems a tad bit odd the way it went down.
Anyways, I hope they never sell out and they have unlimited supply and everyone buys them. You know why? So we can have more awesome members visit the Motorola Milestone Forum at AndroidForums.com!
Creating Hype: Milestone Sells Out In Record Time!
Business folks and economic intellects will tell you there are plenty of ways to artificially stimulate demand. If you ask me, that is EXACTLY what happened with Expansys and the Motorola Milestone. Realizing the commercials sucked and the Droid-to-Milestone comparisons might not be made among the average consumers, I’m sure Expansys worried how well the [...]
Qik releases Android update, officially brings high-res recording
Good news for those of you who love video (we're told it's all the rage with the kids these days): Qik has officially released version 0.1.56, bringing 720x480-pixel recording to its Android app and, more specifically, the Droid.
Previously in an invite-only beta, that means that you can use your Droid, which already captures video at DVD res. But now you can do so through the Qik interface. Also, the new version is easier on your battery, which is always a good thing.
If you were using the beta version, be sure to uninstall it first before installing this one. And peep Qik's demo video after the break
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Google, YouTube, Picasa, Gmail, Google Earth, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Talk, Android, and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owner
* Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (GmailTM) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in GmailTM for fast corrections.
* Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts
* Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1
* Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times
Additional Bells and Whistles
* DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimized YouTubeTM uploading for sharing with friends.2
* 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization
* Features 16GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
* Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilize the 3.5mm headset jack.
* Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
* Use the multimedia station5 to transform DROID into an alarm clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
* Place DROID in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
* See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
* Look up favorite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
* View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
* Work faster on the Web with double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
* Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
* Use voice-activated search to serve up both your contacts and Google search results, based on your location.
* Find your way with free spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM Navigation (Beta), with Street View and LatitudeTM. View geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia entries and transit lines, right on the map.
Customize Your DROID
* Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android MarketTM.
* Customize your home screen with preloads like Facebook™ and Google MapsTM or download1 applications for music, news, sports and games.2
* Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time
Advanced Video record/playback at D1 resolution (720x480) with up to 24fps capture and 30fps playback, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WM
Full HTML5 Browse
GmailTM, Exchange, IMAP, POP, Macmail, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL®
Browser Webkit HTML5 based browser; Flash 10 ready
WVGA display houses 400,000 pixels
Location Services : aGPS, sGPS
It’s thin. Just slightly thicker than an iPhone 3GS and the thinnest QWERTY-slider we’ve ever seen.
It is the fastest Android device we’ve ever used. (It’s running a TI OMAP3430 processor)
The feel of the device is very reminiscent of the OQO 02 model computer. Just smaller.
It’s metal with a non-spring-assisted slide, very sturdy, and half soft-touch plastic.
Awesome capacitive display. Plus it’s huge. Easily the best screen we’ve ever seen on an Android handset, and an amazing screen overall.
The QWERTY keyboard is actually pretty usable and has a soft-touch rubberized finish. We’ve been told the keyboard design isn’t final on this unit, thus the two no-shows. Have we mentioned this phone flies? It’s the Android device to beat, and easily the most impressive.
From what we’ve been told, Google had a direct hand in the Motorola Droid. Something to the point of almost dictating every move Motorola made when designing and making the phone. Interesting, huh? There’s a desktop cradle/charger that will ship with the Motorola Droid that we’ve been playing around with. It turns your Droid into a “multimedia station” and displays local weather, the time, etc. No one wants to listen, but it makes the CLIQ looks like a child’s toy (partly because it is, and partly because the Droid, even in its non-final form, is the most impressive phone we’ve used since the iPhone. It’s positively amazing).
quick office , facebook , youtube , gmail , google calender sync , google map with strrt view , google quick search box , search by voice , google talk , turn by turn direction , google set up , network location provider , google talk ,
1420 mah battery
Ok i agree that sony x10 is a good phone . But how can u say that milestone is bad can u explain me pls .
Just becuz of x10 has 1gh processor .
But ur x10 dont have multitouch . No keyboard . Only android 1.6 and will be launch after 1 decade
thats why u r saying milestone is bad phone
R u agree guys milestone and nokia n900 are the devices till date no one beat them .
Plz share ur reveiws
Its like nokia ovi store
nice i luv this
finally conclusion nokia and motorola r the best
samsung and lg r making cheap products with cheap rates to cheat customers
Anonymous, 12 Dec 2009Motorola is going to launch app store for android phone yes
yeeeeck, 12 Dec 2009Excellent phone but it could have radio to... :\Ya agree radio could be better but dont care here in usa
Sanjay jha will lead the mobile division and greg brown will lead other . Already dext and droid is hit phone
motorola is one of the 10
Brands That Will Disappear in 2010.
The time has come for the company to break itself into pieces and allow buyers to scuttle a brand with a bad reputation. The firm has said it will seek a buyer for its cable and wireless equipment companies for a $4.5 billion price tag. Motorola has a market cap of $19 billion. Motorola has long-term debt of $3.9 billion and cash of about $3 billion. Out of three divisions, the one that has created most of the company’s value until recently is its mobile devices operation. The revenue from that division fell by almost half in the last quarter from $3.1 billion to $1.7 billion. But the future for the division is brighter, primarily due to its new Droid phone which has sold remarkably well and is being heavily promoted by Verizon Wireless. Industry experts expect that one million of the handsets have been sold in the last month. The value of the Droid is not the Motorola brand but the brand of the Google Android operating system that runs it. The most likely buyer is Nokia, they aren't interested in the Motorola brand, but they could use a successful Android handset.