clk, 21 Aug 2011Does the keyboard really have issues?.... Doube entry on single press ??? And 'Milestone... moreYes. But i sent it back to Motorola service and the problem is fixed. Woah the joy of QWENTY keyboard.... Touch screen is so annoying.
Anyone know of a protective case with a hard plastic screen protector/shield similar to this iphone one but obviously for milestone 2 and lets you slide out the keyboard and reach all ports as usual.
nil, 30 Aug 2011desire z has faster processor. ..faster browsing Moto:
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
480 x 854 pixels, 3.7 inches (~265 ppi pixel density)
S-LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)
8 GB system storage; 512MB RAM
1.5 GB system storage; 512 MB RAM
1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor(not even overclocked), PowerVR SGX530 GPU, TI OMAP3630 chipset
800 MHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM 7230 chipset
U fail along with your Desire Z who's QWUERTY is with poor build quality and every time you open it it's like ready to fall.
User, 05 Aug 2011The truth about Milestone 2...
Ok guys. I have spend months reading reviews about the top q... moreWhat i dont understand is you downloaded equalizer but it has equalisers?I too want a real button smartfone,,i have e75 atm but had e90 etc but too slow.
I am stuck on samsung fones because of concert hall setting,,i have tried numerous headfones and electrnoic devices to recreat this effect..I have heard milestone 2 has 3d settings and would love to try these..The concert hall setting gives a nightclub sound really boxy and glassy treble..The samsung range do not have real buttons so want milestone 2.
The android market does have equalisers which i have tried on desire z but the reverb effect never works on all i have tried,even tho equaliser app has smallroom/large room settings they did not work on desire z..
So milestone 2 seems last choice ,,i am using sgs2 but its too big.
Does the keyboard really have issues?.... Doube entry on single press ???
'Milestone 2' or 'Droid Pro xt610' ??
User, 05 Aug 2011The truth about Milestone 2... Ok guys. I have spend months reading reviews about the top q... moreMotorola Milestone 2 costs around 250 euro. See gsmarena. If I am wrong then correct me. Because I am thinking of buying it. Otherwise, I will go for samsung galaxy sl.
The truth about Milestone 2...
Ok guys. I have spend months reading reviews about the top qwerty smartphones... Its my hobby :o) Anyway, coming from nokia communicators and e75, I needed a decent qwerty performer.
The contenders: Desire Z, Milestone 2, Nokia e7, Xperia Pro.
After months of thinking I decided to purchase the Milestone 2, and I have to say it is simply amazing.
- The SCREEN is superb, bright, crisp and good deep colours. (And yes, I have seen the Desire Z screen which is also very good) still the screen on the Milestone 2 is far from being a negative point.
- The KEYBOARD is outstanding, it has the RIGHT feeling. The keys are responsive, the travel between keys is perfect but without being too close. The rubber feeling is very good and right out of the box you can get writing emails with no problems. The backlit is even. (and I have thorough experience with nokia communicators qwerty - e90-9300-e75)
- The BUILD QUALITY is incredible. You are holding quality here. The unit is rock solid, it has metal and rubber, so it doesnt slip away. The keyboard mechanism is VERY solid, no flimsy parts, no wobble (see Desire Z mechanism and you will never buy a phone that has a similar mechanism).
The phone does NOT feel that heavy, on the other hand, I wouldnt tollerate the 10extra grams plus chunkier size of the desire z. The Milestone 2 is COMPACT and well thought.
- The SYSTEM is very fast, everything opens at blazing speed. The browser is great, and Flash DOES REALLY work.
- The Audio is superb. The audio from headphones is quite good PROVIDED you download an mp3 player app with an EQUALIZER.
- Android is simply amazing, dont understand WHY BOTHERING with Iphone. Android is the future.
- The phone memory is very large, 8gb for apps, 8gb for your files. Plenty of space for all games and apps you can think off. Games run perfect.
- The battery life is quite good, especially after reading many reviews that punish the phone because of battery (the desire z battery doesnt last that much longer anyway)...
I have turned max savings and it lasted 7 hours of internet browsing, some in wifi and some in 3g. For me 7 hours is quite ok. I am not using any motoblur widgets.
Now, why I didn't chose other phone?
- Desire z: with that weight, chunky size and the Z Hinge (wobble screen swinging, great chances of breaking and less onboard memory simply forget it.
- Nokia E7: I dont know what these guys are thinking about. Were they seduced by Apple's strategy of simply "pay more for less"? - not possible to substitute the battery? - no micro sd? Are we joking here? Symbian and a hefty price Tag? hmmm. Maybe some guys at apple were hired and nokia and had this great idea!
- Xperia Pro: looks like a solid contender but first of all it has a low RAM, and ridiculous internal memory an NO you cannot install ALL your applications rooted to the sd card. Apart from that the unit is lighter and I like that but its made of plastic and the design looks like something from the 80's
One of my main reasons for not chosing Sony Ericsson Xperia pro:
The company is deliberately playing market games with its customers blaming it on the horrible events that took place in Japan recently. Why? Well, first they said the Xperia Pro will be released in July, then no news, delays, then on PREORDER in the UK on late september, meaning October. Which in reality means November.
Why I say they are playing games? Because I believe they could have released it in July BUT they are waiting to see the next move from Samsung EPIC which is one of the best hardware coming out soon. So rather than realeasing their phone now while people in Europe is on holidays, then they blame it on the Japan events to further delay and wait for Samsung's move to release the Epic 4g. In this way they can "steal" some market share from Samsung by not letting it go alone. What they let go are the possible customers like me who went for other options and are equally good and much more cheaper.
My Milestone 2 cost 300euro, the Xperia pro will cost 450euro, No clue about Epic4G, Desire Z is 330euro.
I hope you like my review, it is from a real user with real problems. It is my own opinion and my experience. If you would like to share ideas and comments just contact me at francescassini[at]tiscali[dot]it
Thanks for reading my review.
Atif, 03 Aug 2011Do any one have any problem with motorola milestone 2.....i want to buy this phone....but some... moreHi,
Every android phone has lags. It all depends how much applications are running in background. For that you can install Advanced Task Killer Pro which can take care of your background applications. I have just bought this phone and have not rooted it like others do. Installed all necessary apps and games, widget for stopping sync which saves a lot of battery. Other than that the phone is very nice and hopefully gingerbread update would come with some bug fixes such as in pocket detection proximity sensor and keyboard fix wherein sometimes on pressing a key it enters twice.
Do any one have any problem with motorola milestone 2.....i want to buy this phone....but some websites say that it hangs....ther r lags.....also there is a problem in music player....plz someone help me!!!
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2011can i use this vertically without pulling out the qwerty board?thanks :)Yes
can i use this vertically without pulling out the qwerty board?thanks :)
Tazzz, 16 Jul 2011Can anyone tell me is this phone worth buying?How longs a piece of string??
Before you consider in buying a phone try it out in a shop. Read reviews and then ask yourself the question is the phone for you!
I have this phone and I think its great, and yes it is for me, but it may not be for you!
I hope that helps...