mic_paulu, 28 Aug 2014me too. pls helpTry clearing cache partition and make sure that ur phone is not in apk mode
Moto e is all okay.problems which are being faced by its users are-
1. 5 mp camera is not autofocus so can't scan a document.
2. Too many complaints are coming for speakers. Many of moto e Costner complaining dat speaker is not working.
3. Moto e restarts automatically sometimes
4. And this is d problem I'm having.... If I press on an apk file of any app yet not installed to install it,then install button do not work. So saying simply u CNT install an app if u have its apk file
AnonD-304432, 10 Sep 2014Many reviews and comments said internal memory to be 4GB but mine is only 2GB+. Is my unit dif... morethe other 2 GB is used by the inbuilt apps.. u r provided only 2 GB... if u see in other phones, same goes to them
Go for Lumia 530 boys. The best phone at this price range. U will love it
great phone but please some one help how do i turn the sound( ring tone and message off) thanks
I have been facing an issue with my Moto E since yesterday. No alarm, no sound, no speaker phone...the vibration works though. I can make and receive calls and hear clearly through headphone as well as earpiece. I can listen to music through earphones. Without the earphones there's no sound. The volume rocker works. I have tried the settings too. All good. Restarted the audio manager service too. Still the same.
Tried safe mode. Still the same issue.
Talked to moto customer care, they directed me on the phone to clear some cache partition. This is how it's done.
Clear cache partition
Another option that may correct the problem is clearing your partition.
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN key for 2-3 seconds then press and release the POWER key .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you have probably waited to long to make a selection and will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Still the same. They are asking me to visit a service center.
Is there a way to check if the speaker is working? Any device codes that can be used to check the hardware? Or any way to re-install audio drivers? Not even sure if it's a hardware or software issue. I'm missing my messages and call notifications. It's as good as having a pager.
Not in the mood to try factory reset.
You could try using Motorola Device Manager software? I don't have a Windows machine so will take a while before I can try. Link for Device Manager:
Many reviews and comments said internal memory to be 4GB but mine is only 2GB+. Is my unit different from the rest.I bought it from Flipkart.
vino, 07 Sep 2014Me too the same speaker pblm.... Speaker of the phone is not working properly after 2 months
sasi, 06 Sep 2014how to set our favourite ring tone in moto edirectly thsre is no provision for setting your favourite song...so you'll have to download a new audio player from the playstore
such audio players have the option of setting our song as our ringtone
my personal suggestion wil be 'PowerAmp'
I bought 2 phone 1 for my sis & myself worst phone my sis faced problems within a week with out reason when backlight goes it gets automatically switched ooff with my phone I am not able to store any music or videos even though the internal storage memory is there inserted memory card even that is not recognised. Typical China phone if it works ur luck otherwise forget it.
Sadly my moto e fell from my pocket and now the screen is broken. Do you know what pieces I need to buy online? I wan to fix my phone by my own.