Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA Zip on Moto E
1. Download the soak test Lollipop OTA zip file (Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip) → Download | Mirror
2. Make sure you have the latest Motorola Update services app installed on your device. You can download the latest version of the app from the Playstore link below:
Motorola Update ServicesMotorola Mobility LLC.Tools 0Download
3. Connect your Moto E to the PC and transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your internalexternal storage.
4. Reboot the device into recovery mode. To do this:
o Power off your device completely and wait for few seconds to ensure it.
o Now simultaneously press the power, volume up and volume down keys to enter the bootloader menu.
o Use the Volume down button to select the recovery mode option and press Volume up button to enter.
o You should see an Android logo now, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds and press power button once to display the menu.
5. Wipe the system cache and reboot your device.
6. Navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and select “Yes. I’m in” to install the OTA file on your device. If the update was not not popped up, press check for update button.
7. Sit back and relax while the OTA zip is installed on your device.
1. Download and installMotorola USB Drivers on your computer: Download
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Moto E from Settings> Developer options. You can find detailed instructions here.
3. Download and extract the fastboot/ADB kit on your PC: mfastboot-v2.zip
4. Rename the OTA zip to update.zip and place it in the same directory where the fastboot/ADB files are extracted.
5. Now boot into recovery mode and select apply update from ADB.
6. Connect your device to the PC and make sure the device is detected.
7. Open a command prompt in the fastboot/ADB directory and execute the following command:
adb sideload update.zip
8. You can see the OTA zip flashing on your device, wait until the process is completed.
9. Reboot the device once everything is done.
That’s it. The update might take some time as the device is updated to a new version, so sit tight until the process is finished.
Motorola has just announced it is rolling out Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Moto E. Motorola has already rolled out Android 5.0 for the Moto X and Moto G but it looks like now the Moto E will be the one to get the update.
You can download it here.
Before you can start installing, make sure you are running a Stock version of Android 4.4 Kit KatDownload the “Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip” to your computerCopy the .zip file to your Phone’s SD Card (Don’t place in any folder . )Update Motorola Update Service to the latest version (4.0) via PlaystoreReboot your device into recoveryPerform a system cache wipeReboot your phone and navigate to Settings > About Phone > System UpdateFollow the on screen instructions.
karan jadhav, 04 Mar 2015Moto e has flash or notNo flash-no front camera
Bn using dis phn for d past 6 months.its showing a msg lik insufficient internal memory, while my downloaded apps are on my sd card.the preinstalled apps r taking mst f d space and now I can't dwnlod anything from d play store.I tried deleting sm apps but its not helping! Wht shd I do????
moto E service center is very very irresponsible and it needs just 15 days to replace one speaker which is gone bad with in three mounts,management should look this problem
MOTO E The worst phone i ever had. Dont buy it. its been 4 months since i got this shit machine.it keeps restarting all the time before i contacted the service center and they said its a common issue with the motherboard and they replaced it.issue still there.even restarting in safe mode and even after resetting the phone.
kiran, 28 Feb 2015That is not the problem from mobile it is from wifi server so just reset the router and apply ... moreHi I'm Prashanth..Having moto e. My Google Chrome will be turned off sometimes, not sure whether it a software issue or network issue. Any suggestions from anyone will be appreciated.
Every one just stop commenting false information about Moto E no other brands are better in front of motorola except i-phone & HTC....even you folks buy samsung or sony with in a week everyone will face a issue regarding slow functioning of mobile and battery draining upto 6% when you reboot the mobile over heating etc...but when coming towards motorola it might be getting heat but you no need to worry because the mother board and parts of moto series are far better than samsung & sony....mobile getting auto restart is not a high range problem that is an alert if you guys dont update the inbuilt apps mobile get restarted every one thinks that software has corrupted so update the apps you will not face any problem...so folks stop commenting false information......
Guys I will suggest dont go for moto -e its ok product but had lot of cons 1] very dull camera it catch moisture regularly so that you cant catch photo or video clearly 2] keypad & dictionary always irritate you [you will type some thing it will take some thing else ]-----so worst experience 3]service center Are most DULLEST PART , they guy even don't know the basic trouble shooting [i have submitted my phone for 5 Days to just format /flash due to getting hang repeatedly ], 4]it always get restart when you touch power/lock unlock button 5] i got frosted by this service center now again my mobile is with them since 10 days - i dont know for whom i have purchase this
guys dont purchase it ..........................
I bought in may'14, facing lot of problems with moto e , since it reboots frequently, when we touch the screen or power button, recently contacts are not loading properly
alphonse, 28 Feb 2015hmm k i planed this purchase how is this working? moto e Pls reply guys this phone good or badyes u must go for it. it awsm at that price.
AnonD-68624, 16 Feb 2015Not even for once my devices (M having 2 moto e) have restarted in months of usage (heavy usag... moreNo, I am also facing switching off issues. When I unlock the phone, it switches off sometimes. I don't even know what's the issue.
Vijay, 25 Feb 2015Got Lollipop update today.. Need a week for a complete experience..when did you bought your mobile, still am not getting lollipop 5.0 update. I eagerly waiting for it, so pls suggest me. how to update to lollipop
narayana rayavarapu, 28 Feb 2015My name R Narayana. I have bought Moto E. I am unable to operate it fully. Who can explain me... moreyou can download the moto e phone manual from gsmarena itself. Just look at the left side below the moto e main picture.
alphonse, 28 Feb 2015hmm k i planed this purchase how is this working? moto e Pls reply guys this phone good or badNice phone vuy it or was awesome phone work very fast no hang problem very good phone
I bought this phone on the release date I.e, 14/5/2015. Till now didn't face any issues and those guys who are complaining about restarting issues should change your memory card and give it a try...