This is a good phone overall, but the battery life is so bad. I have to charge it at least twice a day: sometime in the afternoon and at night while I sleep. I've tried turning off data and Bluetooth while on WI-FI and it does help a bit. But I need to play around with apps and battery options a bit more.
Fast charging is okay, so far my A5 2016's was better in this aspect. This has a small 2800 mAh battery, and it takes around an hour and a half for a full charge. My mom's LG 4000mAh battery takes roughly 2 hours (1:58hrs), and it doesn't support fast charge.
Everything else is good, camera is good, games run smoothly, multitasking is awesome ( I've got only 2gb of ram, so I'm guessing 3gb performs even better). But yeah, keep the charger with you at all times.
manish gupta, 11 Sep 2017worst phone i have seen in my life, list of drawbacks is long:
1. camera is protuding out a l... more1. no camera protrusion here
2. had no experience
3. ??? sorry, i can't understand
4. yes, but note taking apps like evernote take up barely any storage.
5. swipe left
6. that's (mostly) stock android for you
7. duo came preinstalled on mine
9. does any phone under £200 have dolby?
10. i can live with it
11. i can live without it
12. fits in my hand perfectly
Binju, 27 Sep 2017Bad support. Security patch level still at March 2017 and no update to 7.1. Regarding software... moremine android security patch level is august 1, 2017, i updated yesterday. maybe next is android 8.0 update.
Bad support. Security patch level still at March 2017 and no update to 7.1. Regarding software support not the same as first and second Moto G.
I bought this because I had a Moto G previously. Navigation very bad because of missing compass. Direction shows anywhere when walking or driving. Also battery life got worse significantly after 1-2 months. I dont have many apps installed.
I bought the standard G5 having returned the G5Plus because it didn't have a compass. Your site said the standard G5 did, but now I have it, I find it doesn't. Please update your details and now I need to find a phone that does have a compass.
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2017Hai bro..wat abt heat . I just on my net suddenly it's getting heating. To avoid this heating... moreHeating is normal, I have checked with customer care they said that long time use or heavy use can cause temp. rise to 45C (normal).
but if u r using ur phone without cover this feels too much on ur palms.
I threw this phone high speed at my radiator and it did not make a single scratch, but when I drop it on the road outside, there are small scratches.
Still very durable.
Preeti, 07 Sep 2017Poor sound quality Photos take so long to load Touch is really very good. g5xxxx
Moto G5 doesn't have compass Sensor. This makes you difficult in using Maps. You have to rotate manually maps to get idea of roads.
manish gupta, 11 Sep 2017worst phone i have seen in my life, list of drawbacks is long: 1. camera is protuding out a l... moreI assume it's better than my Xperia E5, and has great customs rom support and the development community is very active on XDA forum if you want to test Lineage os on Moto g5, that might change your mind.
worst phone i have seen in my life, list of drawbacks is long:
1. camera is protuding out a lot, camera lens prone to get scratches.
2. moto customer care is worst, they said i didnt ask you to buy the phone.
3. one can not even share a phone contact on sms, it can only go by sms.
4. there is no option of making notes.
5. no option of viewing camera pic the one you have clicked, one has to come out of camera and view the picture.
6. no gallery, only google photos
7. no video call
8. no compass
9. no dolby, not base.
10. heating problem
11. a very simple feature like select all is also not present. while if one wants to delete the some pictures or sms and has to select one by one than delete.
12. not a very handy phone.