Dev3230, 13 Mar 2020Dear in Indian version moto G8 plus has NFC. Please check in settings- connected device.Yesh indian model suppprt NFC
Currently in 2021, this phone has a rival, if we think about the stereo speakes, tool? Any better in the price range than this and better cameras? Thanks
How do I relock bootloader on this device, bought it from someone and bootloader is unlocked,, because of that I can't receive any updates,, any help on how to relock bootloader on moto g8 plus,, android version 9.0
To all the people complaining about all the updates.
Some are never happy! If there were no updates you would be complaining.
Just be happy Moto are frequently updating their budget device and stop whining !
Shah247, 26 Dec 2020I recommend Poco X3 NFC, much better phone than the Moto G8 Plus.I tried the Poco X3 and got so tired of its ads and modded android. the Moto software is so much better. I would easily recommend the g8 plus.
anyone using this device can tell me about it's storage performance i mean it have eMMC 5.1 ,i have Nokia 3.2 which also have eMMC 5.1 but it's hella slow as compared to my lg g6 which have USF 2.1 but nokia have mediatek budget processor and G6 have flagship Snapdragon 821 maybe that's why.So im confused im planing to buy this can any one tell me about it?
Moiz, 14 Dec 2020i am going to buy this phone Moto G8 Plus should i buy it or not please suggest!
TIAI you want cheap, sturdy phone, with great audio capability, speakers and audio jack, and near stock non bloated phone than buy it.
But ih you want the best camera with taking pictures with ultrawide or you want to play games on this one, buy other model.
i am going to buy this phone Moto G8 Plus should i buy it or not please suggest!
Rose, 18 Nov 2020Your G7 Plus is different to mine then. Mine had the fingerprint scanner on the front, below t... moreThat phone that you are speaking about is not G7 Plus, more probably G6 Plus which have fingerprint scaner on the front.
What about singnal strength of G8 plus in low signal area in comparison to samsung mobiles i am using with good signal strength even inside room
Anonymous, 17 Nov 2020Do not get it, why is Moto G7 plus that better than G8 plus. Fingerprint on G7 plus is still o... moreYour G7 Plus is different to mine then. Mine had the fingerprint scanner on the front, below the screen, under the word 'motorola'.
Sure, it meant the G7 Plus had a slightly shorter screen, but as you can guess, I don't need that much more to work with
And yeah, you can triple tap to enlarge the screen, but can't use a two-finger "pull apart" motion to zoom in on detail after that.
Have ALSO discovered that after you take a screenshot, you have to tap on the picture that appears as an inset on the side of the screen, then select "Save". If you don't, it doesn't save your shot (!). Again, multiple steps for what used to be one-touch autoprocesses.
Am rather over it. Seriously considering giving up on waiting for the G9 Plus and brand-skipping :(
Rose, 16 Nov 2020Yeah nah. Don't. Bought this a couple of weeks ago because the mike on my trusty G7 Plus ... moreHard to get your English but just to warn you from buying G9 plus, it doesn't have compass, have only one speaker, the screen brightness is lower and colors washed out compared to G8 plus.
Rose, 16 Nov 2020Yeah nah. Don't. Bought this a couple of weeks ago because the mike on my trusty G7 Plus ... moreDo not get it, why is Moto G7 plus that better than G8 plus. Fingerprint on G7 plus is still on the back of the phone, and both phones have same Moto skin with totally same user interface, even both got android 10.
So, dialer is same, screenshot option same, just do not get it
Yeah nah. Don't. Bought this a couple of weeks ago because the mike on my trusty G7 Plus died and the G9 Plus isn't available in Australia yet. Paid $249, which seemed reasonable.
I need my phone primarily for messages, emails, and phone calls multiple times a day. Use it to play Candy-Crush-type distractions and surf the 'net. Everyone I know now knows how much I hate my new phone.
1. Took a week and 6-plus gigs for updates. Had to install multiple apps. Received earth-shattering msgs days after purchase 0/5
2. Thoroughly miss the "skinny, ready to go" G7 Plus. There's so much cr*p to wade through and disable, just to get the G8 Plus behaving in a barebones manner. Still not there yet.
3. A fingerprint scanner on the back is the pits. With one on the front, G7 Plus-style, I could run a thumb or finger over the pad to activate the screen and use it like a mini deskpad. Now, I have to stop, pick the sucker up and feel around for the scanner on the back with Pointman 1/5
4. Miss the triple-tap screen enlarger. Still can't figure out how to magnify the screen to see smaller details 0/5
5. Still trying to find menu items to define preferences. eg to stop my screen fading after a minute or so, even though I'm using the phone. Hate the MS Windows-style "Are you sure?" messages 0/5
6. Still hating on the Contacts lists. Still having to wade through multiple screens and steps just to make a call -10/5
7. The new screenshot process seemed like a good idea. Please refer to points 5 & 6, above re: multiple steps 1/5
Good lord, I could go on, but I hope you get the idea.
I should have waited for the G9 Plus if I wanted to stay "brand loyal" to Motorola. I should have researched to ensure it was put together by people who understand frontline workers need functionality over camera specs and use their phones for communication as opposed to entertainment devices.
Conclusion: I will wait to see what the G9 Plus has to offer before I turn the G8 Plus into Burley.a