I've gone through at least three phones in the last year (bad buying decisions of knockoff Android phones) and I thought I was saved with this Motorola G2. It worked great for a year, and though there were minor issues with overheating and apps disappearing from the home screen, it wasn't a big enough deal for me. But about three months after the one year warranty period, the phone stopped charging. It's at a repair shop right now, but based on the frequency of this issue I'm out of luck. If you want a CHEAP phone you can use for a FEW YEARS, this is NOT IT. So the hunt continues for me...
I thnk 90% of you are just looking for something to complain about. Wake up!!! For the price the phone is great, if you want a 700.00 dollar phone than buy one.i have used mine for over a year and still no faults. For repairing purposes, this is about the easiest there is. Also sound is good, much better than Samsungs single speaker.
AnonD-550477, 18 Jun 2016I have a same problem since 3 days, what can be done?Frankly The phone can't handle android 6 as of now bcoz hardware is very old and battery was very average before update
Was a total bag of garbage. Low ram issues whilst using Facebook and messenger. Especially when updated to 6.0. Until I rooted and install cm 13. Now it performs blazingly fast especially when multitasking.
I use this phone after 6 months when I call at that time clear sound not come another side ....I speak very very loudly....company not given solutions....I have in warranty my mobile then also .....and One another problem whwen I am using wifi after call I not get any sound when calling
do not take this phone friends
Rohit, 01 Jun 2016Battery is ok after update battery life is very average and device heat up quickly I have a same problem since 3 days, what can be done?
my phone motog 2nd g, phone book all contacts are totally lost, how to get the phone book contacts again
Worst ever phone that I have encountered as of now. I have used Samsung, Sony, Micro-max.
Yeah there are always some problems with the phones but this one totally irritating. Micro-Max fared well than this one.
1) Phone's speed comes down to half of its original peed after couple of month or may be earlier in-case if you use Fb messenger, whatsapp, twitter daily.
2) It doesn't detect my sims at all. Initially it couldn't detect one temporarily. But then 1 sim had gone totally undetected for life time and the other one too is on its way to go undetected now.
3) Call you Bf/Gf now, call them after few seconds. Wait, you cant ! Contact is there right in-front on the screen but it wont make the call even if you tap the contact 100 times. Later search the same in CONTACTS, it will show:- No contact available. Now type first 3 digits of the number in the CALL, it will show the contact, tap now, but wont make a call.
4) This is proved. I have 3 more friends using same piece of sh*t. The phone charger gets heated up extensively and wont work anymore after 7 months properly.
5) Talk to your friend continuously for 15-20 mins and then you can cook omelet on the phone's screen.
6) This phone is hardly compatible to Android 5. Forget 6 !!!!
I am writing this review after using for 20 months.
Decent phone with mediocre features. However, after 6 months of usage phone's performance came down. Loading issues and sometimes hangs. Not a smart phone with long-run capabilities even with limited apps usage.
The worst phone ever. It was working all fine through the warranty period which was for one year. After the completion of the warranty period, the touch stopped working. As per the solutions found on the motorola website and given by customer care, I needed to either reboot my phone or had to perform the factory reset function. I tried everything but my problem still persisted. Motorola was my worst decision ever.
Now my phone is working properly including WiFi. But the Blutooth service is irregular.
Mine , 03 Jun 2016My moto g2 doesn't open 3g how can i do itThey have 3g. Its a good phone in your budget.
I hate Moto G2 for not supporting multi-tasking with Lollipop update. Even Audio player app stops if I open another app. Any solution?