I have been using MotoG (3rd) for the last 4 months,
it working good some times it lags due to signal problem
camera, battery back up, 3g n/w alos good.
suppporing all video formats for movies.
DrewG, 04 Dec 2015Make sure that you don't have smart network switch enabled from the WiFi settings. It will con... moreYou can see the percentage if you open the Android top pane. First slide down: notifications, second slide down, controls and battery percentage
I have had Moto G 3rd Gen for 2 months now and I have noticed the following:
- Back cover creaks a lot. It feels like it is not a perfect fit. Not to mention that water gets in it, when it is supposed to be water proof IPx7. Although water does not get into electronic components, the backcover stores water. Lots of water. I experienced this because I grabbed the phone with wet hands only. Besides I have seen reviews (haven't tried to dip it myself) where the earpiece and speaker parts get a weird wet paper look material coming out of it. I am not going to try myself.
- Notifications screen is cool but doesn't work properly. When you select a notification, the app you select does not come up, you have to manually open the Android notification pane
- Speaker is HELL. No matter how much you lower the volume, sound is ALWAYS saturated. (from day 1)
- Video codecs fail a lot. I feel in the 90's when some AVI wouldn't be played properly...
- (this might be Android related, Lollipop) Desktop Shortcuts for SD installed apps, disappear randomly. I guess when they are updated, but I don't get the notification about the update from G.Play
- 4G is starting to lose coverage gradually. I was completely certain that this was network related. First month it was awesome. Until some day it suddenly started receiving poor signal and sometimes even goes to H+ or 3G when I am at home. I have been complaining with the carrier for a month and couple weeks and I have another 4g phone at home that has perfect signal.. so I am starting to suspect that it's the phone, not the carrier.
- (minor) I have seen some animations not to be fluid. Such as 2048 which is a plain and simple puzzle. Same app works beautiful in my old Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Also seen it lag with some Android system animations.
- Camera is ok (not the best but...). However, the app is the worst ever. I cannot change: resolution to a desired one. The pic size is huge and the sensor is not good enough no have nice quality for the biggest resolution. So I wanted to reduce the size because the quality is fair for 8px. Guess I can't. There is no night mode or any other modes besides panorama. Panorama is not good. It just Fails a lot, like the image is never captured! I tried 5 times before I actually got an image. And once I did the pictures look like some weird union of different images. Horizon appears curved.... I have seen better from an iPhone 4 on a boat (moving like hell). User Controlled focus is ok, although if you change the exposure and then the point of focus, you lose the exposure setting you selected.
- (might be Android related, Lollipop) Apps in the background get closed. I have Lync 2013 App. It happens that I get online and whenever I switch to another app, I lose connectivity. People write me and I don't get notified. I am not offline for them, but when I go back to the app manually, it re-starts. I have the same app version in the Samsung S4 Mini and I am not gettig this issue. It is a huge problem if you come to think the criticallity of not getting work related messages. Lost information!
Over all, the phone is somehow cool, but has LOTS of bugs. Makes me want to throw it out the window sometimes, so I am not enjoying my experience. I just purchased a much cheaper phone becasue I am getting tired of this one already and it works wonders, even though the camera is not the best. I feel I am getting more for my money: Samsung Core Prime.
moto g third genration mobile not option back in talkback then hang mobile
AnonD-474183, 09 Dec 2015Y will moto phones will always hav problm ??? Reason behind it????Troll !! :D
surely v ll experience heating upto 45 deg. tats normal for whatever phone. even iPhone ll heat a lot. tats not a major problem. if it goes beyond 50 deg den surely it's a problem Â… u can go for replacement. the phone is good & if someone wants to buy it. u can go for it.
Hai I like this phone, but games which is having around 35 to 50 mb is lagging. Even candy crush. But real racing 3 and ashpalt 8 are working smoothly. I don't know why those small games are lagging. Does anyone facing these issues?
Aakash, 08 Nov 2015Hey I am confused can anybody tell me whether to buy samsung j5 or Moto g3U can buy moto g3 I love this phone
I purchased it 3 months back, now speaker is not working
Moto mobiles always will have any problem
facebook-loveboy avi, 07 Dec 2015How's battery backup???? How's speaker sound quality???Speaker Phone is Great and that's why I bought it...
Thank you so much motorola. I purchased this device on launch day and exactly 3 months later, you guys release the turbo edition with a better processor. Kudos
I am using this from 3 months.. Its all fine. Speed of phone is exelent....its very smooth during multi tasking. There are only 3 problem with it..
1) the back cover fades quickly... With in one month my back cover(black) faded. Its worst looking...
2) battery backup is avg.
3) led notification is missing and earphones are worst.
Armik, 04 Dec 2015Hi dudes, i wanna buy a phone in this range and im considering about xperia m4 or moto G. Coul... moreM4 aqua is a very good phone.. But..... The Snapdragon 615 heats up a lot. Actually my cousin is having m4 aqua.... It does heat up while gaming and browsing. It can reach upto 54 degrees while playing games.. Other than that, its an superb phone..Especially the camera is very good. Decide accordingly..
Anonymous, 06 Dec 2015I am using this moto g 3rd gen from around 5month and this phone is just amazing... I love it.... moreTrue bro.. !! even im having a wonderful experience using this mobile. cheers! :)
I am using this moto g 3rd gen from around 5month and this phone is just amazing... I love it... I have gone thorough every comment and most of them r about heating issues.. But I never faced any heating problems in my phone while play a lots of shooting games... It heats up a little but that's normal. And overall this phone worth buying..😘😘😘&#128536;