Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Dear All, I'm facing a very annoying problem with my new Moto G3! With the normal phone hol... moreI think it's d prob with Lollipop software.. After updating my moto g1.. Same issue I m facing..
Anbu, 18 Aug 2015FM Radio is available in the phone?Yes it have FM radio.
What is the difference between IPS capacitive touchscreen and IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. Which one is sharp, beater, and HD display.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015K3 note is better than G3 in terms of performance and gaming. Mediatek MT6752 in k3 note is mu... morecheck the youtube reviews before commenting....from most of the videos i found that k3 is not performing well in gaming eventhough it contains better hardware specification compared to moto g3...and without stock android k3 has lesser usable ram compared to moto g3...which makes lenovo laggier than moto g3...
AnonD-404093, 18 Aug 2015Dude don't go with benchmarks only. If you consider higher CPU, GPU both under 10,000 Rs then ... moreK3 note is better than G3 in terms of performance and gaming. Mediatek MT6752 in k3 note is much faster than Snapdragon 410 in Moto G3. Mt6752 has 1.7 GHz octa core cortex A53, while 410 has 1.4 GHz octa core cortex A53. So its clear that mt6752 is the winner. Same thing in gpu also, where mediatek wins yet again.
AnonD-404093, 18 Aug 2015Dude don't go with benchmarks only. If you consider higher CPU, GPU both under 10,000 Rs then ... moreYou're claim about the Moto g2 heating more than G3 is totally wrong. Snapdragon 400 and 410 are both manufactured in the same 28nm LP process. Cortex a53 in Snapdragon 410 consumes the same power or more than cortex a7 in 400. But since Snapdragon 410 is 1.4 GHz, that is, 0.2 GHz higher clock than Snapdragon 400, Snapdragon 410 in g3 heats more than Snapdragon 400 g1/g2. Asphalt 8 runs smooth on my G1 4G with medium graphics, and so does rr3, but overall performance is quite poor in all Moto Gs. My point is that 410 is only marginally faster than 400. Also, there are 1.4 GHz and 1.6 GHz variants of Snapdragon 400, which score 20k in antutu.
NIK 88 , 17 Aug 2015Downliad VLC video player for Android. It work on my phonei tried vlc...but even it couldn't play it correctly...but later i figured out that the problem is not with mkv format...the file i was playing has resolution 1920x1080...i tried mx player to play it eventhough it played there is massive frame drops through out the video & audio was not in sync with video...(video lags from audio)
I'm facing a very annoying problem with my new Moto G3! With the normal phone holding posture my voice isn't reaching to the other end of the call. All my callers are mentioning the same problem, "I can't hear you properly"!
I guess the microphone is placed inside the lower opening (where there's the speaker) of the handset and for the water resistant character of the phone there's a film coating. As a result I had to bring that lower opening near to my mouth and speak loudly in order to send my voice to the other end of the call.
I would like to ask the other users of Moto G3 whether they're facing the same issue or this is happening to my handset only. Please let me know your view on this.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Moto G 1st gen antutu: 19k. Moto G 2nd gen antutu (2gb RAM): 23k. Snapdragon 400 has better GP... moreDude don't go with benchmarks only. If you consider higher CPU, GPU both under 10,000 Rs then K3 Note is there which provides very poor gaming performance, battery backup than Moto G3 even though K3 Note has 1.7 Ghz True Octa Core processor with Mali T760 MP2 GPU. Antutu Scores for K3 Note 46,000 , On nenaMark 2 61.7 Fps but worst gaming experience.Also Moto G, Moto G2 heats in greater amount compared to Moto G3. Regarding Call Quality Moto G3 is way better than its predecessors. Moto G3 is overall a complete package. I tried playing Asphalt 8 (in medium graphics), Dead Trigger 2, Modern Combat 5, Mortal Comabt X, Real Racing 3. All of them ran buttery smooth. So nothing to complain about GPU. Real time performance is much superior on Moto G3 from my own experience.
AnonD-404093, 18 Aug 2015I haven't used Moto G 1st gen. But in case Samsung Galaxy J5 Gorilla Glass protection not pres... moreMoto G 1st gen antutu: 19k. Moto G 2nd gen antutu (2gb RAM): 23k. Snapdragon 400 has better GPU, while Snapdragon 410 has better CPU. Both are low power and weak CPUs. Here's what I found in gsmarena "The Adreno 306 inside the S410 in the third-gen Moto G is clocked a bit lower than the predecessor, resulting in marginally lower figures in the GPU tests." Snapdragon 410 isnt much better than Snapdragon 400. At the time of Moto G 1st gen, its CPU was the best in range. But now, phones that were previously equipped with Snapdragon 400 their successors have Snapdragon 610/ mediatek equivalent.
does it hang a lot.i purchased a motog3 from flipkart on 18th august.first day it was good but next day ie 19th august it started giving problems.it is very difficult to unlock it.it is hanging a lot. can some one tell me why.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Even the first gen had oleophobic coating...I haven't used Moto G 1st gen. But in case Samsung Galaxy J5 Gorilla Glass protection not present.By the way Moto G has snapdragon 400 Chipset clocked at 1.2 Ghz which is way older than Moto G3 which has Snapdragon 410 Chipset clocked at 1.4 Ghz..
I ordered Moto G3 on 7th Aug15 and prior to taking the final decision I searched a lot on the web for the negative things stated about this handset. I didn't bother going through reviews saying good things about this handset as it is quite expected for Motorola to deliver a good product. As usual I found some negative feedbacks on the web (nothing in this world has only positive things), but those didn't bother me and I ordered the phone on Flipkart.
Those who thinks like me, here are some drawbacks of Moto G3 which I found after using the handset for last 7 days.
1. Battery: drains really fast during mobile data connections and Gaming. I expected the battery to last for a day, but it's not. So, beware!
2. Heating: I didn't play heavy games like Asphalt, I played simple games like Angry Birds 2 and Candy Crush. Handset temperature reached to 40+ degree centigrade within 7/10 minutes of gaming and same happens when you connect the phone through Net. You start feeling the temperature on the screen. I dunno the permissible temperature limit for a smartphone. If 40+ is ok, then this isn't an issue. Else...
Thus, with this heating & battery draining; Moto G3 isn't a phone for the gamers for sure!
3. Microphone: Before purchasing when I searched, no one mentioned this problem! But this really is an annoying problem for Moto G3. Microphone is placed inside the lower opening (where there's the speaker) and probably there's a film cover inside the opening to make it water resistant. Thus, you've to bring that opening in front of your mouth and speak loud so that the other party can hear you. With the normal phone holding posture and speaking volume it's not possible for Moto G3 to send your voice to the other party.
4. Short cuts: This isn't a major issue, but mentionable. There's not short cuts for Silent Mode and Mobile data connection on the upper panel. You've to tap 5 times to switch on Mobile data & 6 times for disabling it! Sometimes it's really bothersome to switch on & off mobile data connection. Further, you've to lower the volume manually to bring the phone on silent mode.
5. After Sales Service: You'll find a lot of grievances on the Facebook pages of Motorola about poor after sales service. I stay in a place where the nearest service centre is 150kms away. Still I relied on the name Motorola and purchased Moto G3. I used four different Sony Ericsson & Xperia handsets in last 10 years and they hardly visited to any service centre. Now I shifted to Motorola, wish me luck guys!