I'm facing a very annoying problem with my new Moto G3! With the normal phone holding posture my voice isn't reaching to the other end of the call. All my callers are mentioning the same problem, "I can't hear you properly"!
I guess the microphone is placed inside the lower opening (where there's the speaker) of the handset and for the water resistant character of the phone there's a film coating. As a result I had to bring that lower opening near to my mouth and speak loudly in order to send my voice to the other end of the call.
I would like to ask the other users of Moto G3 whether they're facing the same issue or this is happening to my handset only. Please let me know your view on this.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Moto G 1st gen antutu: 19k. Moto G 2nd gen antutu (2gb RAM): 23k. Snapdragon 400 has better GP... moreDude don't go with benchmarks only. If you consider higher CPU, GPU both under 10,000 Rs then K3 Note is there which provides very poor gaming performance, battery backup than Moto G3 even though K3 Note has 1.7 Ghz True Octa Core processor with Mali T760 MP2 GPU. Antutu Scores for K3 Note 46,000 , On nenaMark 2 61.7 Fps but worst gaming experience.Also Moto G, Moto G2 heats in greater amount compared to Moto G3. Regarding Call Quality Moto G3 is way better than its predecessors. Moto G3 is overall a complete package. I tried playing Asphalt 8 (in medium graphics), Dead Trigger 2, Modern Combat 5, Mortal Comabt X, Real Racing 3. All of them ran buttery smooth. So nothing to complain about GPU. Real time performance is much superior on Moto G3 from my own experience.
AnonD-404093, 18 Aug 2015I haven't used Moto G 1st gen. But in case Samsung Galaxy J5 Gorilla Glass protection not pres... moreMoto G 1st gen antutu: 19k. Moto G 2nd gen antutu (2gb RAM): 23k. Snapdragon 400 has better GPU, while Snapdragon 410 has better CPU. Both are low power and weak CPUs. Here's what I found in gsmarena "The Adreno 306 inside the S410 in the third-gen Moto G is clocked a bit lower than the predecessor, resulting in marginally lower figures in the GPU tests." Snapdragon 410 isnt much better than Snapdragon 400. At the time of Moto G 1st gen, its CPU was the best in range. But now, phones that were previously equipped with Snapdragon 400 their successors have Snapdragon 610/ mediatek equivalent.
does it hang a lot.i purchased a motog3 from flipkart on 18th august.first day it was good but next day ie 19th august it started giving problems.it is very difficult to unlock it.it is hanging a lot. can some one tell me why.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Even the first gen had oleophobic coating...I haven't used Moto G 1st gen. But in case Samsung Galaxy J5 Gorilla Glass protection not present.By the way Moto G has snapdragon 400 Chipset clocked at 1.2 Ghz which is way older than Moto G3 which has Snapdragon 410 Chipset clocked at 1.4 Ghz..
I ordered Moto G3 on 7th Aug15 and prior to taking the final decision I searched a lot on the web for the negative things stated about this handset. I didn't bother going through reviews saying good things about this handset as it is quite expected for Motorola to deliver a good product. As usual I found some negative feedbacks on the web (nothing in this world has only positive things), but those didn't bother me and I ordered the phone on Flipkart.
Those who thinks like me, here are some drawbacks of Moto G3 which I found after using the handset for last 7 days.
1. Battery: drains really fast during mobile data connections and Gaming. I expected the battery to last for a day, but it's not. So, beware!
2. Heating: I didn't play heavy games like Asphalt, I played simple games like Angry Birds 2 and Candy Crush. Handset temperature reached to 40+ degree centigrade within 7/10 minutes of gaming and same happens when you connect the phone through Net. You start feeling the temperature on the screen. I dunno the permissible temperature limit for a smartphone. If 40+ is ok, then this isn't an issue. Else...
Thus, with this heating & battery draining; Moto G3 isn't a phone for the gamers for sure!
3. Microphone: Before purchasing when I searched, no one mentioned this problem! But this really is an annoying problem for Moto G3. Microphone is placed inside the lower opening (where there's the speaker) and probably there's a film cover inside the opening to make it water resistant. Thus, you've to bring that opening in front of your mouth and speak loud so that the other party can hear you. With the normal phone holding posture and speaking volume it's not possible for Moto G3 to send your voice to the other party.
4. Short cuts: This isn't a major issue, but mentionable. There's not short cuts for Silent Mode and Mobile data connection on the upper panel. You've to tap 5 times to switch on Mobile data & 6 times for disabling it! Sometimes it's really bothersome to switch on & off mobile data connection. Further, you've to lower the volume manually to bring the phone on silent mode.
5. After Sales Service: You'll find a lot of grievances on the Facebook pages of Motorola about poor after sales service. I stay in a place where the nearest service centre is 150kms away. Still I relied on the name Motorola and purchased Moto G3. I used four different Sony Ericsson & Xperia handsets in last 10 years and they hardly visited to any service centre. Now I shifted to Motorola, wish me luck guys!
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Gorilla glass 3 isnt fingerprint resistant.I want to say that due to olephobic coating on Moto G3 screen, screen doesn't attract any finger prints.
1) does moto g3 earphone fully goes in audio jack ? i found mine earphone partially goes in audio jack
2) while taking pics with front camera , white faded light comes on screen, later pic is saved.
so is this any kind of issue ?
3) on home screen there is google search keyboard.. when i tap, keyboard comes and slide down automatically . it does not wait for input.
after 2 3 times tapping , keyboard wait there ..this is happening frequently..
so does any one 1 getting similar issues ?
Hey , I have not been a Moto user before, so tell me is moto g3 pron to have some vertical lines kinda visible on the screen (on or off or both) :/ ? Is it a normal thing with moto g devices? should moto g3 have it?
i am using Moto G 3rd generation for almost 3 weeks as of now but have some problem with it.
phone is perfect in every manner but as i am using the gmail app for my exchange mails (in built app) and everytime i go for sync it it shows a problem "Unfortunately gmail has stopped working"
i have tried to remove and add account several times and did a many other things also but got no success.
can anyone please help me out to resolve this issue?
Ashish D Jain