i m using dis device from last 5days,
as per performance wise this device fulfill mi all needs..
using moto g since 2days, I am not able to install any application from play store. net speed is good.plz help me guys..
When will moto g dual sim version will receive 4.4.3 update here in India and when will moto g LTE will release here in india.
Own this for a month, don't seem to be bothered with issue raised here! Absolutely great phone at a great price! The only regret is to note that the LTE version has arrived.
But noted the Indian set, seem to have unusual amount of complaint here! May be there's a batch issue with quality controls.
The call problem is software issue only. I am using Cyanogen mod 11 nightly. Its android 4.4.3. I am not facing any call issues. But if the tower is not good use the gsm only mode or wcdma only mode. The call clarity will be soo good. Reply if I helped you!
Jemch, 12 Jun 2014Does it have a led or something that tells you something arrived like a message or an e-mail?yes it has a led which blinks on msgs/ notifications
its not friendly phone samsung is our friendly phone every option is not going easyly but this phone is fast open also docments not open call logs also not come properly contacts also not shortcut before buy pls check and buy
kiran, 16 Jun 2014I have serious issues on Moto G (bought from online retailer Flipkart - India), initially i th... moreHeyy it is a minor bug and motorola is working on this problem and maybe 4.4.3 update brings some relief though
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2014Go for moto g,I've been privileged to have handled the two phones,frankly the user experience ... morehave you faced this issue---check this out...https://forums.motorola.com/posts/2d65f20700
I have serious issues on Moto G (bought from online retailer Flipkart - India), initially i thought i made a good choice by buying MOTO G dual sim but now i regret because of the below issue.
Call Sound blocked most of the times (both way sound is not coming at the time of calling someone or at the time of receiving the call, after a restart its resolved always - totally annoyed by this)
check this "https://forums.motorola.com/posts/2d65f20700"
please do not go by fancy terms in specifications, even the ratings here are confusing....think before you buy...
Jemch, 12 Jun 2014Does it have a led or something that tells you something arrived like a message or an e-mail?Yes,it has an led notification light..
withravii, 14 Jun 2014Planning to buy a new phone in the coming week, but confused between xperia sp and moto g. ple... moreGo for moto g,I've been privileged to have handled the two phones,frankly the user experience of moto g is far ahead of xperia spp..
KEY SPECIFICATION TO NOTE:
*720 x 1280 pixels, 4.5 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)
*Corning Gorilla Glass 3
*1GB RAM (we can run multiple apps without any performance loss)
*Qualcomm Cortex-A7 (A7 - which means we can install and play games developed using unity3d)
*Compass (we can run more apps like Sky Map)
*GLONASS (We don't have to wait more than a minute for navigation to start)
*2070 mAh (Decent battery)
withravii, 14 Jun 2014Planning to buy a new phone in the coming week, but confused between xperia sp and moto g. ple... moreu should go fr moto G.. its features are awesome n gives a fantastic phone in a vry reasonable price..
Guys don't blame the phone for what you don't know.
1.Custom Ringtones : Copy the file you want into Ringtones folder in the internal storage. Now select it as the sound for calls from Settings.
Same way to use a custom sound for Notifications (like for messages, emails), put the required file in the Notifications folder and select it from Settings.
2. Internet connection issues : I dunno if it's supposed to work automatically. but it works after entering an access point for each sim.
Settings > Wireless & networks> Mobile networks > Access point names. Press the Menu -> New APN
Google and enter the APN info for the sim network you're using and select it as the access point once you're finished. Works perfectly. Works for both sims on mine (one access point per each).
3. Battery life: works fine for around 25 hours, enough for me :) But playing games drains the battery fast (Iron Man 3 for example).
4. Camera - Agreed, it's not the best around but for 5 MP it does a pretty good job. Remember you're getting an amazing device for a very low cost. Don't act like you're buying a Galaxy S5.
5. Nano coating - some idiot had mentioned it gets worn off after some time. FYI, it's not on the the back cover, the nano coating is inside. It won't wear off by simple usage.
6. Heating issues - Mine doesn't heat up unless I'm holding it for very long or playing games for a long time. I mean 30-40 minutes of continuous usage.
7. One had said he can't put contacts from contacts list while messaging. Either you're blind or mine is simply better 'cause I can do that (type the recipient's name in the first box in a msg) and it's a basic feature of Android, your phone can't be missing a part of Android.
8. Special Apps from Motorola - Are you blind, or simply stupid? Motorola Assist, the Camera app (Yes, that camera app is made by Motorola), Motorola Migrate, the Gallery App (yep, the gallery is a special Moto app) are already there and you're getting Moto Alert with kitkat 4.4.3 .
The Indian version seems to be having a lot of problems but that's not Moto's fault, they design the device, Chinese people make it and people do make mistakes. And Chinese products are not all bad (iPhone is made in China). They simply make everything from original, fake, fake of fake and so on.
Just because you don't know your way around a phone doesn't mean it can't do something. Search, learn and be grateful to receive such a good device for an extremely low cost.