Guys don't blame the phone for what you don't know.
1.Custom Ringtones : Copy the file you want into Ringtones folder in the internal storage. Now select it as the sound for calls from Settings.
Same way to use a custom sound for Notifications (like for messages, emails), put the required file in the Notifications folder and select it from Settings.
2. Internet connection issues : I dunno if it's supposed to work automatically. but it works after entering an access point for each sim.
Settings > Wireless & networks> Mobile networks > Access point names. Press the Menu -> New APN
Google and enter the APN info for the sim network you're using and select it as the access point once you're finished. Works perfectly. Works for both sims on mine (one access point per each).
3. Battery life: works fine for around 25 hours, enough for me :) But playing games drains the battery fast (Iron Man 3 for example).
4. Camera - Agreed, it's not the best around but for 5 MP it does a pretty good job. Remember you're getting an amazing device for a very low cost. Don't act like you're buying a Galaxy S5.
5. Nano coating - some idiot had mentioned it gets worn off after some time. FYI, it's not on the the back cover, the nano coating is inside. It won't wear off by simple usage.
6. Heating issues - Mine doesn't heat up unless I'm holding it for very long or playing games for a long time. I mean 30-40 minutes of continuous usage.
7. One had said he can't put contacts from contacts list while messaging. Either you're blind or mine is simply better 'cause I can do that (type the recipient's name in the first box in a msg) and it's a basic feature of Android, your phone can't be missing a part of Android.
8. Special Apps from Motorola - Are you blind, or simply stupid? Motorola Assist, the Camera app (Yes, that camera app is made by Motorola), Motorola Migrate, the Gallery App (yep, the gallery is a special Moto app) are already there and you're getting Moto Alert with kitkat 4.4.3 .
The Indian version seems to be having a lot of problems but that's not Moto's fault, they design the device, Chinese people make it and people do make mistakes. And Chinese products are not all bad (iPhone is made in China). They simply make everything from original, fake, fake of fake and so on.
Just because you don't know your way around a phone doesn't mean it can't do something. Search, learn and be grateful to receive such a good device for an extremely low cost.
Planning to buy a new phone in the coming week, but confused between xperia sp and moto g. please help me to choose one. If you think of a better option other than these 2(till 17000) than do let me know, please suggest.
AnonD-220044, 11 Jun 2014I am facing auto restart problem in my moto g anyone here facing the same issue?yes my phone also sometime restarting
Ajay, 12 Jun 2014Im planning to buy moto g Dual inspite of the controversy about the phone imei................... moreYes its possible to keep any song as ringtone but u will need to download a file manager app from google play first.
Motorola says that dey hav fixed the issues. I haven't faced any problems regarding call quality till date.
Finally the battery- i basically use 2g internet with casual gaming when i am bored. I put the phone at charge immediately after i getup from bed in the morning and remove it from charge when i go to work (no time to see how much battery charged). And i guess this much charging lasts me the entire day and it lasts till the next morning till i wake up and put it on charge again.
BUT.... BUT BUT BUT... If i use 3g internet then i have to charge it twice a day
The phn is great but there Could have been a few improvements in the phn which could have made it better.
1• The price difference between the 8gb and 16gb is not justifyable. The price difference between the 8gb and 16gb varient is almost 2000. I think at this price the 16gb varient should have had a 5" screen.
2• The phone should have been provided with an inbuilt file explorer. When u 1st buy this phone its very frustrating to know that you cannot send a song to your friend via bluetooth, cannot test whether the otg feature of the phone is working or not without having a file explorer. So again you will hav 2 find yourself a 3g sim, recharge the sim with a costly 3g pack and wait Till it gets active so that u can download a file manager from google play.
3• cannot manually adjust the music player equilizer rather than selecting the preadjusted equilizer options. This is bad. I like to adjust the equilizer details myself
kar, 12 Jun 2014guys help me choose between micromax turbo and moto g. i know turbo beats moto specification w... moremoto g any time, specs doesnt matter , user experience matters, moto g is best. buy without second thought
[deleted post]This seems to be F** insane answer, as you seem to be sidelingning the public with crap comments. Please don't even believe this. I am a Techie, as am aware of all features of it w.r.to its competitors.
1. I have compared many mobiles & ilove Comparing all mobiles & provide the verdict of Top Performer
2. As i would like to share some vital points in judging the Best Smart Phone
- First thing is if your concentration is on budget mobile with best features
- Then Check the UI Interface( Switching from one app to another & Sensitivity in moving from one tab to another, Reckon the difference between 2 to 3 phones which you are planning to buy. So try to spend on it for 5-10 minutes
- Coming to Camera, Take pictures in Bright & Dark Light & Compare them at one place & try to test the UI of this as well as switching from one photo to another & time taken & how much is the lag, You can measure from your own hands
- Please get to each & every feature before you buy & how is it performing, which matters us a lot
- Don't forget to see the internal Memory(which can limit your apps installs).So try to have larger internal memory
- You people might be thinking, how to compare all this at a time. Its better to go to one of the Shopping Malls & Try to compare there, as the pieces are available in Touch & Feel view
guys help me choose between micromax turbo and moto g. i know turbo beats moto specification wise. but im talking about hands on experience. if anybody has.. pls help
vinu, 12 Jun 2014is the coonectivity issue is solved??? please reply anybodyyes bro d prob was wid specific batch of phones
Lumia 630 feels like plastic garbage. The color is pretty cheesy, too.
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2014I guess what you wrote is supposed to be your own individual assessment of moto g usage,but I ... moreIm planning to buy moto g Dual inspite of the controversy about the phone imei.................
here is the list of confusion i have based on the user's review...........
Is it possible to set any song as the ringtone apart from the company's ringtone?
does the call connectivity issue is there in this phone?
Out of 16 Gb how much user data is available?
Is it possible to make call in this phone as some user doubt about it?
How much is the battery durability & How much time does it take to achive 100% rechared....
As im gonna buy this phone within 2 days as i lost my old phone. No source to make call please help me buddy
Does it have a led or something that tells you something arrived like a message or an e-mail?
I am facing auto restart problem in my moto g anyone here facing the same issue?