I just got the Moto x play one week ago in Canada for Koodo, here is my review:
1. battery life is amazing, you can use the phone for around 36 hrs before to charger it again, the phone consumes around 1% of the battery every 2 hrs in stand by. The snapdragon 615 is very efficient in energy consumption, for the light task it will use the Quadcore 1.0 Ghz processor to save energy, if you need more power it will use the 8 cores and the same time.
2. Display: the IPS display is sharp, rich and vibrant, dont hesitate about this.
3. Processor: Snapdragon 615 octa-core, it isnt the top of the line but even so you dont notice lag in the performance, the phone runs very smoothly, it is responsive, this processor does not get hot like the old one 600 series, is efficient with energy consumption and with the 2gb of ram you can run most the app in the market with no problem.
4. Building quality: the phone feels really well in your hand, the frame feels like metal but it is not (Remember is a 400Cad$ phone) and the anti slip back panel does the job.
5. memory: 16gb and you can expand using a micro sd, this is good with 10$ you can get a 32 Gb micro sd card and you are done. Consider to get at least class 10 micro sd. Also you can move most of the apps to SD easily, just in the settings, this is an asset. in the past you had to download an app to do this.
6. Turbocharger 3.0: amazing charger, the phone is fully charged in 70 minutes and remember that this is a 3630 mah battery. In Canada the turbocharger is included with the phone, i read in some review that it wasnt, but actually is included (i dont know the rest of the world) and it works with the turbocharger technology 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.
7. Radio FM: i contacted Motorola customer support to know if the phone has FM radio receiver, they told me that it does not have it but when i got my phone actually it has FM radio, all you need is connect the earphones to be used as antenna and voila! you can stream radio without using your data plan.
1. Software: i find the (stock android) not so good comparing with the lollipop in the samsung devices, the customization is limited, quick access bar in the top is almost useless, Do you really need to have the quick access to the invert color function? this is useless but if you need to activate the hotspot, battery saver, NFC or more you have to go the settings and you can not customize these quick access.
You can not customize the vibration intensity, something so simple and easy with the samgsung devices!
2. No multiwindow option!
3. Google play music and the stock gallery arent very user friendly, to many things and sometimes less is more.
4. Camera software: very basic, no ISO control, no exposition control, you can choose just between 16MP wide or standard 21MP, no less quality option, no scene mode just night mode. The camera itself is good and takes beautiful pictures but they could do a better job with the software, maybe in future updates they will do it. In the other side you have Slow motion video and the quality of the front camera over passed my expectations. The quick acces feature to the camera works great, very responsive just twisting twice the phone.
5. No stereo speakers, but i find that this is not a big deal, it has just one but is very loud and it is in the front side!
In overall the phone is a very good deal for the price, it isnt a high end phone but it feels like that. There are some Chinese phones like the Xiaomi redmi note with similar specs but the fact of the battery life and you know that you will get the latest android in every release is an asset.
Anonymous, 16 Sep 2015Is it true that either of the 2nd SIM or External SD card can be used. Both can not be used t... moreSD card nd both sim card can used at same time....in sim tray one side is for sim card nd other side is for SD card
faizan, 17 Sep 2015Can we move apps to sd card plz tell me guys yes you can
KinnY, 17 Sep 2015What Is The Diff B/w Water repellant & Water RestitanceIf you don't mind then Google it
is there option to take 4 k videos on these mobile and how was 21 and front 5mp picture clarity on snaps
dk , 17 Sep 2015i want to know , howz ... camera of moto x play????a wonderdul phone
srk, 16 Sep 2015I want to know that Moto X Play is water resistant or not ??
Can anyone help me in this matter.It is splash resistant... it not water proof
srk, 16 Sep 2015I want to know that Moto X Play is water resistant or not ?? Can anyone help me in this matter.No, the water repellent coating is to ensure nothing happens in case of light water exposure (like using in rain or if some water splashes on the phone) but you can't expose it to water for a long period of time, or submerge the phone in water.
We all lovers of Motorola would like to touch feel and know about it much more than seeing it on an youtube or on flipkart. It's better to see the set before purchasing it.... majority will have a dual mind to purchase if it's a indirect way so... We please request u not to makeup our minds as a dual mind...
We do have a lots of hope from our moto.... so please..... give all the moto lovers to see the cell directly before purchasing it's a kind request....