This is an amazing device used an iPhone before this and can feel the difference . I also got the incipio moto mod power it's fantastic I never run out of battery life.
The only thing I have noticed is Instagram keeps freezing Nd I have to restart the phone to be Blessed to access it and it can be frustrating has anyone experienced this ??
Imad, 20 Aug 2017How is sound coming from ear speaker? I had bad experience with Lenovo, The holes of ear speak... moreTo be honest, so far so good. I'd not had any problem about what you asked in the previous two years with my Moto X either.
Also, I do not really think that Lenovo yet intervenes what Motorola does/used to do with its phones (Hardware wise). Given the fact that Lenovo wants to keep Motorola as it is and as its flagship phone brand, I see no reason in forcing them to use ear speakers like Lenovos have.
In case something goes bad with the phone, for sure I share it here with you guys.
AnonD-185321, 04 Aug 2017I really do not understand people commenting irrationally and unrealistically here. Guys, plea... moreHow is sound coming from ear speaker? I had bad experience with Lenovo, The holes of ear speaker of Lenovo is too small and sweat liqiuid coming from ear goes inside the speaker and close them and make sound very low?
The best phone out there for me. After 7.1.1 update its even smoother than before and battery last me 2 full days . All i can say is go for this phone its really worth the money
I used the phone for six months, and then I couldn't bear it any longer. A very disappointing experience for a very premium price. From day one I suffered from a very unreliable battery that left me stranded with no connectivity in very critical situations.
They claim to offer super fast charging; well no wonder, given that the battery barely lasts for half a day! And then you just have to keep charging and charging.
Software is - at best - unstable and applications just keep on hanging, closing and have to be restarted again.
You struggle to find basic actions within a settings mapping that doesn't follow basic human logic by any means.
Mods are shockingly expensive, priced at 30 - 40% of the phone's value!!
Despite the sad financial loss, I was left with no other choice but to ditch the Moto z and buy another phone, that is yes, thicker and heavier but fulfills a basic mobile phone criterion, which is something called RELIABILITY!
I was warned by friends from buying a Motorola, because it doesn't have a great history of being a great mobile phone brand. However, I thought after the full brand rehaul by Lenovo and the creativity of the Moto mods platform, it would defeat negative perceptions.
Turned out to be a very sad regret though. And certainly never again!!
anas, 04 Aug 2017Got 7.1.1, battery drain fast than 7.and heatingI have same problems
Hello Moto your 7.1 is best.Increased battery backup, fastness and smoothness.But you can't avoid heating problem.
celeste, 06 Aug 2017I have the same problem with the batery, drain very fastAny heating problem
Moto-Z Play screen shattered form less than 24" drop. Motorola was no help in solving an apparent design or material defect. Appears their happy to be a repair house for thier parent company Lenovo. Recommend not to buy.....
Hi guys i orderd this phone a few days ago and i would just like to know when i get it should i upgrade it to Android nougat or leave it at Android marshmallow?
Hey guys i orderd this phone few days ago and id just like to know when i get it should i upgrade it to Android nougat or leave it at Android marshmallow?
anas, 04 Aug 2017Got 7.1.1, battery drain fast than 7.and heatingI have the same problem with the batery, drain very fast
I really do not understand people commenting irrationally and unrealistically here. Guys, please be reasonable!
- I bought this phone 3 months ago, I use the shell and bumper that come with the phone and they do the job really well!
- It has a great camera with a good low-light image capability, especially for its price.
- It is thin and light, and it has a great feeling when you hold it (not as ergonomic as Moto x series phones were, though).
- I bought the Incipio power pack and JBL sound-boost moto mods paying reasonable prices (100$ together) and they are amazingly useful! The sound of JBL moto mod is clear ,loud enough, it has a great build quality and finishing. The battery pack extends the battery life for approx. 6-8 hours (of usage).
- Great moto mods are on the way as well (GoPro, Hasselblad V2 etc.). In case it's too expensive at launch, wait a bit and then buy them. I do not understand people who try to buy everything at launch.
- The screen is not shatter proof but does not scratch easily. That is a lie. Like all the smart-phones, you should not drop it (categorically).
- It has all the updates of Nougat released so far (7.1.1) and it works pretty stable.
- Personally, I loved this phone and how it feels premium. After using Moto X 2nd generation for 2 years, it really is an upgrade in my opinion and I see no reason to regret in buying a Moto Z.
Tom, 20 May 2017I really wanted to like this phone but it doesn't send telegramsHaha !
It does Morse code though ,😁
Extremely delicate phone with shortage of protective cases in stores. Accidentally dropped my phone twice from low (hip) heights. I am 5'6". One time it actually bounced offy thigh on the way down. Both times screen shattered and device no longer
Functioned. I have had four smart phone a d dropped them all. I was able to use all of the others after the drops. The screen on this phone seems higher than the edge which may make it more vulnerable to serious damage.
My first Slim slot and Sim damaged by high heating.Now using duplicate Sim by second Sim can't use memory card.moto can't avoid heating.