Best ever phone...truly... After 7.1.1 more ultra beast.... performance 10/10, battery 10/10... Using since 3month with 3g always on policy :)...but it's not disappoint me... currently using more than 130 apps but no lagging no hanging...it's really amazing phone...highly recommended...m using American DROID version...backside camera flap with DROID logo. truly beast ultra performance phone
From 24 hours of using (wifi, games, phone scanning at time-to-time checking AND, Say-to-day SYSTEM UPDATING UNPLUGGED) it still leaves me 40% of battery. A true beast!
z play user, 05 Oct 2017Using this beast for almost 9 months system up to date Android 7.1.1 smooth and flagship level... moreAgree with your comment that battery back up has increased after update to 7.1.1 and which will increase further after next update 8.0 Oreo. Z Play is still the best mobile.
Using this beast for almost 9 months system up to date Android 7.1.1 smooth and flagship level experience battery is a true beast for this mobile many people say battery drains after nougat update but that's not true it keeps on increasing almost 10 hours screen on time since I bought this mobile at first......true honest opinion by z play user highly recommended......!
AnonD-535117, 04 Oct 2017Does it contain a LED notification light?No it doesn't.
z play user, 30 Sep 2017How's the battery life after nougat 7.1.1 13 hours estimated left (35% remaining) on battery after 24 hours use, of which 4.75 hours was screen on time. Amazing battery on this phone! Android 7.1.1
AnonD-340886, 03 Oct 2017I don't have any problem with with fb messenger when take picsIt always happens to me. :(
Hi, I just bought my Z play last night, the problem is, when I tried to capture image via FB messenger, camera started to get error and asked me to restart the camera. After restarting the phone itself, camera worked again. But when i tried again to capture to send image tru FB msgr, camera got error again. Please somebody help me to fix this issue. thank you
Chechi, 27 Sep 2017I have this phone 2 weeks already. The problem which I experience is that I can not connect th... moreAfter connecting the phone via usb pull down the notification on the phone , select usb option , select media transfer option , then u can open the phone icon in ur pc and it will show phone and sd card memory (if equipped)
Week 2 Review - Coming from a LG-G4
- Fantastic Battery Life
- 8 core processor runs app that previous phone struggled with
- Front facing Flash
- Aluminum Frame makes it very sturdy
- Good feel in hand, better so than the LG
- The moto actions are a nice touch, especially the flashlight
- Fast Charge
- Great looking phone IMO
- Moto User Interface is not near as nice as LGs. LGs was much more intuative, Motos takes more steps to perform simple tasks, such as media volume adjustment, alarm adjustment, settings adjustments, etc.
- I lost some screen resolution on the change.
- Also downgraded from 8 to 5 mp camera on the from facing
- No integrated or factory gallery...have to use Googles (not a fan)
- Similar widgets take up more screen space on Moto than did on LG (possible result of less resolution?)
- Main complaint is the UI though, just not as friendly as other manufacturers that I have had.
- Increase in hardware is worth the sacrifice in software (for me)
- Looking forward to the motomods, especially the battery
- Would buy again
monsterous battery life! as all phones should be.
partner with jbl speaker mod, listening to music and watching videos is a lot more enjoyable with quality sound without juicing down the phone battery. act as phone stand is a big plus too. perfect buy!!
I have this phone 2 weeks already. The problem which I experience is that I can not connect the phone to my laptop. I connect it with USB cable, laptop recognize it, the icon of the phone comes, but I can not open it. Do I need some special drivers installed on the laptop ? I will appreciate any help on this issue .
Anonymous, 27 Sep 2017Out of the box, I liked the Moto Z Play. The size is larger than the Moto G3 I upgraded from,... moreI have not faced any of the eight problems listed by you during my ten months usage. Why don't you return it being a defective piece or just trolling ? This is one of the best buy which beats many recent releases and am totally satisfied with its performance in all departments.
Out of the box, I liked the Moto Z Play. The size is larger than the Moto G3 I upgraded from, which was a plus for me as I use my phone for a lot of different things. I also loved the rapid charge and the longer battery life, which was the chief (and probably only) complaint I had with the Moto G3. I was constantly charging my previous phone. Depending on usage, it will stay charged a full 24-48 hours. It also takes beautiful pictures, even with the rear-facing camera...which is a bonus.
But that's where my praises for this phone end.
1. The rapid charger already seems to be failing. With minimal charger usage (I just purchased the phone about a month ago), it sometimes falls right out of the phone. Though it can be inserted backward or forward facing (unlike the old standard chargers), it only works in one direction now.
2. On the topic of the charger, while the rapid charge is great, finding a spare or a car charger has been challenging.
3. Constant software updates. I get the software update notice 15+ times per day, despite doing it because I was sick of the message. The only difference was the horrid new boot animation, which I loathe. And it plays through it twice every time I start the phone.
4. Dropped calls. I know it is not my provider, as my husband has the same service and never drops calls. I never dropped calls with my Moto X or Moto G3. Sometimes it shows "no cellular service" when my husband has service in the same exact places. My previous Moto phones never did that.
5. Sometimes I have to power off the phone and power it back on if I leave a wi-fi network and am on a cellular network to get the phone to "see" the cellular network. Talk about frustrating and time consuming, not to mention I have to endure that horrid boot animation again, and the software update notice again.
6. The micro SD does not come in the phone, and is quite flimsy. The tiny tray where it is inserted is a nightmare to get open. If you've never dealt with a micro SD card before, especially a flimsy one, you could end up easily breaking the phone or snapping the card.
7. Battery saver mode, which I do occasionally use even with the long-lasting battery the Moto Z Play offers, is not a simple switch on action from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. You actually have to go into settings to turn it on unless the phone prompts you itself with the option...and it often does not.
8. Speaking of settings, turning the Moto Z Play all the way down puts it into Do Not Disturb mode automatically. I hate this. With my previous Moto, I kept the phone on silent at night, but it still vibrated. So, I either have the option of listening to notifications from my apps all night long, or potentially missing an important call.
Overall, it's a pretty phone that takes very nice pictures and has the best battery life of any phone I've ever had, but it has a world of issues. Would I buy it again? No.
AnonD-596592, 24 Sep 2017Is Oreo update solve my problem?Updating to Oreo will help.
But ur problem not with update, u have to clear cache or soft reset.