Jashsen, 25 May 2017Dear Moto users - can anyone help me to set my ringtones other than factory installed one?Just install 3rd party app like ringtone maker from Google store.
The best phone overall in this price tag.
I have been using this phone for a few weeks. It's really an awesome phone. Very smooth and best for overall usage.
The best parts are:-
1. Battery backup (easily lasts beyond a day with just a single charge)
2. Display ( AMOLED with proper colours)
3. No heating issues. ( This phone has no overheating issues. I play games and surf the internet , but this phone does not heat up at all, the maximum it might just be warm, but never hot)
4. The phone is super fast and has no lags. The processor is good enough. Also the phone is Splashproof with nanocoating. So you can use this in the rain.
5. Sound quality is awesome ( both speaker and headphone output)
6. This phone has three separate slots. Two slots for SIM cards, one for MICRO SD. So you can use two sim cards and one memory card simultaneously.
7. The camera is good at this range ( not as good as samsung cameras but it's okay type) The front camera comes with a flash, good in low light.
8. Turbo fast charging.
9. The phone comes with it's own turbo charger, usb type f data cable, earphones and a stylish sim ejector tool.
Suggestions from my side :-
1. I would suggest you to buy a skullcandy earphone. I am using S2DUL from skullcandy. Very good output and bass.
2. Get a spigen back cover, or any protective cover which protects from all sides and has camera lips.
So guys get this phone if you have the budget. Never get fooled by brands who offer you QUANTITY only. QUALITY Matters. So at this range, MOTO Z PLAY is the best phone.
Droak, 24 May 2017This phone is just AMAZING. I've been user of Android premium phones and by far this is the be... moreAgree with your honest analysis. Using this phone for five months and fully satisfied with its performance. Did not experience any problems after updating to 7.0 with no drop in battery performance or wayward behavior which some trollers keep mentioning. Besides excellent battery, the camera is good but I am using snap camera app from google play store. It is worth trying as it is giving excellent results even in poor light conditions and also for OIS.
Dear Moto users - can anyone help me to set my ringtones other than factory installed one?
Anonymous, 18 May 2017Here I am the second person to support the latest version that is 7. My Moto Z play works perf... moreYou both are lucky enough. After my new version update to 7, my battery is draining more. Now am charging every 18 hours....
This phone is just AMAZING. I've been user of Android premium phones and by far this is the best I've had. The battery can run for 2 days with an average use (messaging, FB etc). If you check your social networks, text, navigate in web, use streaming aplications or use GPS, the batery can last one day whithout problem. The processor is way better than Moto Z and it compensates the fact that Moto Z play just come with 3Gb RAM. Good camera (not too good in low light, but still...), good design. Little bit heavy and "fat" if you compare it with an iPhone 7 plus or Moto Z, buy actually I kind of like it. It's fast, easy to use... I think it's the best Phone in Z series by far. The Touch ID device is fast and works better than the iPhone 6s one (I have an iPhone 6s to comapre)... and cheaper than a lot of top android phones.
JoHn, 23 May 2017thanks alot....and this is also good for gaming no heating up issues?You are welcome.
Z Play's GPU should run most games at moderate settings just fine, with no heating issues. Worst case will be just minor warm.
i wanna buy moto z play .. it is performance wise , camera, battery life , others good or bad?
This is a GREAT phone and one which has flown under the radar!! Of all the Z phones I think its the best. You get 3500mAh battery, USB-C & 3.5mm headphone jack. Run time is phenomenal even with playing games, like candy crush. Quick Twist for camera and flick for flashlight, ohhhh &&& the Mods; projector, speaker, camera. This phone deserves more awards.
valcazar, 15 May 2017yes very true! I regretted I upgraded to 7.0! Maybe u can do factory reset
JoHn, 20 May 2017Hi guys I wanted to ask whether this phone is good for playing movies for long hours? and how ... moreIt is very good for that purpose as it got big 3500 mAh battery. And if that is still not enough, we can slap a Power Mod onto it and add some 2000 mAh more instantly.
A5 (2017) got only 3000 mAh battery and smaller display size at 5.2". Movie-watching experience should be less good, imo.
Memo, 18 May 2017I support z play Android 7 I did hard reset after update. It's perfectmotorola z play or honor 8?
Hi guys I wanted to ask whether this phone is good for playing movies for long hours? and how it compares to A5 2017? Thanks.
Jashsen, 17 May 2017You are the first person to support the latest version that is 7. Being two days old my phon... moreHere I am the second person to support the latest version that is 7. My Moto Z play works perfectly fine after updating to 7.0. The simple reason is I did hard reset after upgrading to 7.0. Do a hard reset before complaining about any android updates.