RIP for selfies only if you care about selfies... most of the time, it's much more convenient to have someone take a photo of you doing something other than just holding the phone, and making a "selfie face/pose" at it. Even if you use a selfie stick, after a couple uses, you know approximately where the phone is looking, so you can do a pretty good job of filming or snapping photos with the big cam facing you.
Selfies should crawl back in their corner. Seriously...
how the yell can they pretend it`s water protected when everybody sais it starts showing the inside components after a couple weeks ?
AnonD-422823, 29 Jul 2015I have been using this phone for two weeks and here is my pro and cons. Pro: - Nexus phone... moreHuh, the back cover has started popping out means that the battery has started swelling up, an can burst anytime... Be careful... Nexus 6 juat sucks...!!
I have been using this phone for two weeks and here is my pro and cons.
- Nexus phone means timely update on the Android OS and this is very beneficial to the users as you can enjoy the latest update much faster than any other non-nexus devices
- QHD screen is beautiful, is a bit warm when compared with other amoled display, but if you able to adjust the color temperature, the screen is awesome
- Performance is good, very speedy and hardly any lack (still got a bit of very rare lag when gaming in intensive game, should be app's software issue). Day to day usage is excellent when comes to performance.
- Speaker is awesome. Very loud and the quality is decent
- Camera is not up to flagship's standard. It definitely can capture some decent photos, but if you comparing this device with iPhone 6/S6, there is a gap in terms of the picture's quality
- Battery life is just average with its 3220 mAh battery. I got average of 3 to 4 hours screen on time, it perform slightly worse than Galaxy Mega 6.3. This might due to the 6 inches QHD and SD 805 processor. This not bad, but is not awesome.
- Build quality is just average. The back cover starting to peel off and is a bit loosen already, need to pressure it to get it stick which kinda of unacceptable for me for the price i paid for this phone.
- Front camera sucks. 2megapixel for flagship device?
Overall, is just an average phone(considering the price tag and is a flagship nexus phone). Recommended for hardcore users who like to root and play with custom rom or gaming or playing video/ listening music.
Definitely not recommended Selfie lover or looking for a great camera smartphone or long lasting battery life.
Is decent phone, not an awesome phone.
Phoenix, 17 Jul 2015this phone heats up like crazy while charging and using internetI have this same problem with my nexus 6, I'm worried that it might burst anytime
SWW, 24 Jul 2015Motorola Manufacturing Defects and Repair Policies - Nexus 6 Been a long-time Nexus/Android... moreThe back cover may have started popping out because of the battery swelling issues...!! In many cases the same thing is happening... It can be dangerous coz the battery can burst..!!
Motorola Manufacturing Defects and Repair Policies - Nexus 6
Been a long-time Nexus/Android (phone+tablet) supporter, and recommended the Motorola Droid to family members, unfortunately I've noticed some issues with Motorola policies since they've started producing the Nexus 6.
I received a Nexus phone in May and after 1 1/2 months the phone back cover started to come apart, exposing internal components to the external environment. After searching forums I noticed that this seemed to be a common manufacturing defect (Glue/battery issue) so I requested a replacement phone.
Motorola's response has been to replace the case and battery, which does not address my original concern about the internal components. They also provided inaccurate details on the repair sheet. I've gone back to them and they have not provided a new phone.
I preferred the LG Nexus devices anyway but this experience with Motorola support is enough to put me off Motorola and the Nexus phones.
(Back cover issues:
I am a owner of the Nexus 6, here are my positive and and my 1 negative points, lets start with the negative point:
1. The Display
It is a little bit on the warm side, so the whites tend to be a bit yellowish but i got used to it, and it depends what kind of display a person likes. But what really annoys me is The Adaptive brightness, cus if u go all the way down the screen turns so pink. This should not happen on such an expensive phone. But if u deactivate it the screen is ok and sharp.
The postive points:
1. Battery life
2. 6 inches, believe me its great having such a display
3. Front speakers are soo loud!
4. The sides of the phone are really thin.
5. Camera is great, especially video recording!
6. Moto Turbo Charger, after 75 minutes, its fully charged
7. Latest Android OS
8. Its so responsive and fast
I can't wait for the new Nexus 6, although a Nexus 5.5 will suit my needs better - not sure about the name though..
I have been using this phone from last two months and haven't had any major issues and after lollipop update the battery life has increased but I m very disappointed by the quality of the camera and its really not worth and the front facing camera is just too ordinary and I think my s3 had a much better camera than this. So people if you are looking for good camera then nexus is definitely not your cup of tea.
JRV, 02 Jul 2015I am using iphone5 now, i want to update my phone.I wish to buy nexus 6.Any one please suggest... moreGo 4 it m8 great phone pure android the rest is just a bunch of jealous people who can't afford 1!Trust me I've 1...
You my friend bought a FAULTY phone!Happens I've one and it's the best phone I've ever had!
Anonymous, 20 Jul 2015I would recommend not to purchase this phone, we can consider heating normal but the biggest a... morePlease try updating the software. Most of the issues are solved after updating the device. Contact your seller for replacement if you have a faulty device.
vk, 09 Jul 2015guys does this support indian 4g LTE bands band 40(2300)Sorry. The Motorola Google Nexus 6 supports 4G LTE but not on the 2300MHz.
AnonD-414526, 08 Jul 2015My Galaxy Note 3 got stolen back in May 2015, and since being a sudden lover of android device... moreI would recommend not to purchase this phone, we can consider heating normal but the biggest and worst problem is auto shutdown, let me clarify, it doesn't restart, it can shutdown at any point of time, even when you are receiving a call. :(. If you can live with this issue after spending 40k than that's fine, go ahead and get one for you.