Great Hardware. But the screen is poor. Tiny, low resolution and only 65k colours :S
motorola, we are waiting for a update!!! we want android 2.1 or 2.2...
kisame, 25 Jun 2010a very nice phone and i just got it also for $19 a month on OPTUSany good for this phone?
hello, I have recently bought a MOtorola MB501 and I have problem with the bluetooth. I can send files but files can not be sent to my phone. does anybody knows if I need to download a software or sth? or how can I receive files. thank u.
Okay, so after much rifling through the cheaper smart phones out there, I went with this one. And I must say, I'm in love with this phone. I can't really compare it to any other android device or smart phone in general, as it's my first, but it does everything I need it to and much more.
- Beautiful, easy to use operating system. Motoblur works really nicely with android.
- Not too bulky, slides into pocket easily
- gorgeous display
- pretty decent camera
- nice music player (it's replaced my ipod I like it so much)
- Fast - easy to switch between applications. The notification bar up the top is a real winner.
- Swype! I'm in love with this thing. It makes texting, emailing, whatever - so much faster! I was extremely skeptical at first, and I almost didn't get the phone because there was no physical keyboard, but honestly, swype is amazingly accurate and I was pleasantly surprised.
- Battery life is not amazing, but it is sufficient. I wouldn't expect it to have a much higher battery life with everything that it does, anyway. My phone will last two days with light - moderate use, and one day with moderate - heavy use.
- Using it for music for around 4 hours
- Sending 1 - 3 text messages
- Checking email once or twice
- One phone call
- about 15 - 20 minutes of facebook browsing.
- about 20 minutes of IM chat on wifi.
After that day (8AM - 9PM), I had half battery life. But I use all means to save it: 7% screen brightness, no background data, no leaving blutooth, wifi, etc on. But after that day, I was pretty impressed, seeings I used it for music for such a long time.
- Lock button and connection/switch off button options on the same button. This was really annoying at first, and a pretty stupid way to design it. But i figured out how it works: tap for lock, hold down for menu.
- Feels pretty plastic - Some of the buttons are quite wobbly.
- Swype does not always get the words right, can be pretty annoying if you have a potty mouth like me.
- It's a bit on the heavy side, but seeings it's practically a miniature computer, I'm not complaining.
- Hard to keep track of data usage - motoblur is really innovative and awesome...but it's hard to keep track of your data if you've got limits. I'm still waiting for my first bill (in fear) but hopefully it hasn't been secretly using too much.
- Doesn't actually handle flash stuff in the browser.
- No skype app for android yet!
- Orientation switching freezes - sometimes it will get stuck in landscape mode or stuck in portrait. This has been by far the most annoying thing, but after restarting it's fine. This has only happened once or twice.
- Takes quite a long time to start up.
Overall, I am head over heals in love with this thing. I mean it is my first smart phone, but as far as I'm concerned it's a pretty damn good one. I have mine for $19 a month on the Optus social cap, and for that price, I couldn't ask for anything better.
I find the user interface for the new motorola's very easy to use, much more easy then most of the newer smartphones that have been released.
Sure it's a adjustment but it's the same with any form of new technology. Quench is one of the best handsets out at the moment (for it's price) so I think it's great for people looking into experiencing all the things they can do with their new handset.
excellent compact phone with all the features for business and multimedia.
very good looks too , classy style.
the screen is very nice and sharp with good details.
it will get android 2.2 soon i'm sure motorola has good support. 9 out of 10
Anonymous, 19 Jun 2010does this phone have the message alert which repeats till the message is viewed??can you get "easy reminder" in the android market
does this phone have the message alert which repeats till the message is viewed??
Lierson, 10 Jun 2010Someone knows about the Android atualization? ThanxYeah, did someone know if an upgrade to 2.1 is comming ?
JohnK, 09 Jun 2010Bought one of these phones for my father. It was supposed to be simple. ie: Make telephone c... moreyou should get your dad a simple phone like samsung j706 kind. Seems like this phone is not your type or your dads. Dont blame the phone its all YOU!!
Dont buy your dad a Ferari if hes use to open his car door by inserting the Key.
MaxPayne2, 02 Jun 2010when you on the camcoder, take options, and then you see a bulb icon you can turn on the ligh... moreBut light for the camcorder does not turn. The icon does not turn the light on my Quench. The Motorola Brazil said it will not turn the light on the camcorder. Thanks.
JohnK, 09 Jun 2010Bought one of these phones for my father. It was supposed to be simple. ie: Make telephone c... moreSorry, I don't have this phone yet, but I do have the Milestone right next to me as I type.
To make a phone call, press the PHONE icon, there goes a big phone dialer in large fonts, and one can simply dial any number.
Then there is the CONTACT icon on the top, click there and I've all the contacts I want.
What's wrong with your (dad's) phone? Don't you get the same menu?