Hi,have had this phone for about 14 days now and i´m very pleased with it. Great Phone, a great update to my V3.
I just have a question to other owners here : Does your upper cover (the part with the screens)move a little to the side when it´s closed ? It doesn´t when it´s open, but when it´s closed it´s a little loose, especially when you use the smart button, volume buttons etc.
Oh also, how long can you listen to music on this and multitask as well?
Can it run for atleast a good 6-8 or maybe even 10 hours? I'd be great if it was more.
Still asking, can this work with the new 4GB MiSD card that was revealed at 3GSM?
can it record at cif video resolution please as im upgrading from v3x & this is the only deciding factor left,,,I ve been to a voda store & they dont know even wat im on about they just kept saying about it 2 mp but i know that but wat is video resolution??I enjoy moto phones & have never disliked the menu layouts so there go moto
There's nothing so advance about this phone. Of course you still have to speak in the context of where you are staying.
3G and 3.5G had been used in Asian for years
So, it is a pity that a TECHNOLOGY-WISE SUCCESFUL SOLUTION won’t be picked up by many due to the company’s mistakes in marketing.
The MAXX sports neither groundbreaking functionality, nor top-notch design or some unique features (HSDPA is not among these – most consumers don’t even know what it is), thus the price isn’t backed up with something real. Personally, I failed to find the one and only weighty cutting edge of the model, saving for it being pleasant to play around with.
"The advantages about W850/W830 is that it feels more solid, though the sliding mech will be a bit loose, it's an SE though lacking AF and it's more of a pure music phone too."
SE has cracked Dpad problem, so the quality is not up to par.
SE W850i had crack Dpad problem pal, how is that for built quality?
If anyone wants to compare music on Motorola, compare it with the ROKR E2 and Rokr E6. These are music phones.
Please don't compare with Razr series. Aples with apples please
My experience with Moto phones:
1) Very good built quality, will last very long with nice product design
2) Very good reception and call quality (as in making phone calls)
3) Stable software, will not switch off or hang easily like Nokia or SE
4) Poor features, camera and implementation of new technology
Hey I don't have a comment but I have a question, does anyone know how to set your own song as the ring tone? If you do please e-mail me - firstname.lastname@example.org
This phone looks good and everything, and I don't want to steal it's attention away towards the W850, but;
This phone catches finger prints and shows them off very very easily because of the light black kinda backing for the glass, it's a motorola (No offence, I don't have anything against motos) so at times it's reception may be poor along with call quality, but it's hardware will definitely be good like it's mp3 player and such. Camera, don't know yet, but I've always thought that Nokia and SE have had better quality and resolutions based on the following phones;
I've also heard from many reviews and friend's experiences that the A2DP is a bit weak with the phone too. They have other SE headsets and the quality of the music is poor. But I've never heard anything about the HBH-DS970, does anyone know about the quality with that headset?
The advantages about W850/W830 is that it feels more solid, though the sliding mech will be a bit loose, it's an SE though lacking AF and it's more of a pure music phone too.
I feel that the MOTOs when taking a picture, it looks different (again with the resolution) while when you take pictures with the Nokia phones, it's a bit better, though with SE it's like the picture isn't in a box, it's just in light. It's hard to explain.
im really wanting to own a motorola phone. but i still do want pretty sleek features. v6 comes close. is this phone really good? or are there other motorolas that have both better features and design? cos having used nokias since like forever, i need a great phone that i wouldn't spot its flaws that easily.
This phone is excellent, and internet is very fast. To anyone who has this phone with cingular, Tou need to change your phones settings to the Razv V3xx at cingulars website, and from there you can configure internet settings and MMS messaging
Dude... u are wrong on a few points.
Your Bad points and my answers:
- fingerprints very very very easily- True but which phone does not really?
- MP3 player is crap (compared to the w800i)-don't really agree here dude. The W8001 is a music phone by trade... the Maxx is not so how u expect them to be on par is rather not feasible. You should have got the Rokr E6 if u anted a music phone.
-No ability to delete multiple or all contacts (unless you do master reset and wipe the whole phone) - this is REALLY annoying, I don't know why Motorola don't do something about this?? - This is absolutely wrong and misleading info u just gave here. Try going into your phonebook... select "Options"... then select "SELECT MULTIPLE TO"... Select "Delete"... u can then choose as many as u want to delete or, select "OPTIONS"... and choose "SELECT ALL".
- synchronising results in double ups and you can only fix by deleting the offending appointments from the phone which can get annoying, no option I can find to erase phone first before syncing (this resolved double ups with the w800i)- thats kinda weird cos i've never experienced this... must be your sync set up on MPT... check it again and maybe change ur settings.
- only comes with a 64MB memory card as opposed to the 512MB memory card that comes with the w800i - This is incorrect... it's where u purchased ur phone from that put only a 64MB card. From Orange Uk i got 256 card when i got the V3x feb 20006... and got a 512mb card with the V6 maxx when i got the phone December 2006 currently with 483mb unused.
- no easy way to set a recurring alarm without hitting "enable" on it each time - thats true though...quite annoying.
The computer Sync, does that mean this can only load/upload files/songs through their MOTO program (CD)?
Can you just load on files as if it was a mass storage device?
Has anyone tried to see if the 4GB card works on this phone?
I have been doing some study on this phone and the V3xx. The V3xx looks good but the keypad is old and I still prefer my V3i keypad. I looked at the Maxx and I loved it. better feel, better camera, beautiful keypad and many other features has made me to make my mind and will purchasse the V6 Maxx. I recommend this to all who are looking for a top quality 3G phone. This phoen is a winner.