Overall this is a pretty cool phone, I've had a Motorola before (v620) and I hated it so much I sold it after 3 months. This one is definitely an improvement on older models, most noteably the navigation seems easier and you can search for contact using more than just the first letter.
The following are the good and bad points, note that I previously had a Sony Ericsson w800i, to be honest the w800i didn't need to be replaced at all but I had the phone switched to the business.
- looks really cool, I love simple black elegant phones
- excellent display
- easy to navigate
- generally is a pleasure to use
- love the keypad
- not bulky in your jacket pocket
- not at slim as the original v3 but much slimmer than some of the other v3 versions
- outside display is a nifty feature
- doesn't have any extraneous bits that fall off and get lost easily
- the camera seems to be better than the w800i even though they are both 2MB
- fingerprints very very very easily
- MP3 player is crap (compared to the w800i), sound quality isn't good and doesn't seem an easy way to get the songs sorted in the right order (i've tried naming the songs "01 - name of song" etc..), the earphones are crap and don't fit in your ear very well
- no ability to delete multiple or all contacts (unless you do master reset and wipe the whole phone) - this is REALLY annoying, I don't know why Motorola don't do something about this??
- synchronising results in double ups and you can only fix by deleting the offending appointments from the phone which can get annoying, no option I can find to erase phone first before syncing (this resolved double ups with the w800i)
- only comes with a 64MB memory card as opposed to the 512MB memory card that comes with the w800i
- no easy way to set a recurring alarm without hitting "enable" on it each time
Ah.. nvm now it turned on after 1.5 days, so what was wrong. Was the battery frozen as it was in +12-15 for few nights?
Do u know whats wrong with my phone it wount turn on anymore like there wasnt any battery, the keyboard lights up and the chargeing light is on when charged but nothing happens. So is the battery broken? The phone worked fine for few weeks. The battery is on its place.
Probably only battery settings, then it caps the networking on the phone.
A question, has anyone found a 4GB MicroSD yet?
Have you tried it with the MaxxV6 to see if it works?
For the bluetooth headsets to hear the music that works only is the
-Sony Ericsson HBH DS970
does the razr h3 work or wat are all the bluetooth headsets work?? PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Does anyone know how you set the network from 3g to GSM only? I`ve read the manual up and down but cant find it.
Nice battery life.
I think there was a post a few months ago with the link to the manual.
Search down, it's not too far.
Thanks Jeremy. As for the guy below asking about battery life, my unit hs been on for 29 hours now and still have 60% battery life left. had about 30 sms and 10 min talk time used plus a lot of tinkering.
Got mine in the Philippines yesterday. It's assembled in Singapore and my box says UMTS 2100 GSM900/1800/1900/ HSDPA. What's missing is the 850. Does this make my phone quad or tri band?
if you do not need the 3G or HSDPA service then set the service to GSM and you will get a longer battery life..
To hear songs on your bluetooth headset, you'll need a headset with stereo capabilities.
The Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 is a perfect example.
does any of you guys know how to connect this phone to another phone via bluetooth? I've tried everything now and it just won't connect.
-Does anyone know if you can have a bluetooth headset and hear the songs??? because i heard you can but rather make sure
-Also does anyone know what is the cheapest price for this phone and where i can find it cheap
I just wanna ask, after buying the fone and charging it for a reccommended 8 hrs,how long shld the fone last? Becausse for mine i set my sms alert to mp3 songs. And the fone lasted me prob ard, 16 hrs? Is that normal?
i usually go to newmobile.com for info but its undergoing maintenance but cant find out if its cif video recording.I also cant find out if this time the graphics proccessor in it is used in the photo & video section as in the v3x its not.This is the only deciding factor
nop, my V6 can play Mp3 and itunes aac, WMA and wav and many others, havent tried 320 kps though