This fone is the most comfortable fone to have in your pocket coz its so flat n thin. There is no bulge like big thick fones The v3 is so small and thin, you forget that its there in your pocket.
I bought the V3 for both myself and my wife.I have read the majority of the reveiws posted. I have not had any problems with the phone after 1 month of usage. The bluetooth works extremely well with a motorola bluetooth earpiece, clear and easy to use. I have had no dropped bluetooth mishaps and the set-up took about 3 minutes. It has worked flawlessly since then and I now use the bluetooth for 90% of my usage. It is that handy. The camera is adequete. I didn't buy the phone for the camera. The address book is in my opinion excellent. Being older, I don't have to put on my reading glasses to read the screen which is a real plus. Voice activation of phone numbers is on par with other phones I have owned and easy to set up. There has been no overheating for calls of more than 30 minutes and the battery has never depleted leaving me stranded. I have had no problems with the bluetooth and battery life. The phone is the best phone I have ever owned and would highly recommend it. But, as the reviews state, this product will not make everyone happy. That's is why you attept to choose wisely. If you want a stylish, well constructed phone that has excellent voice, speaker capabilities, bluetooth conectivity that I really enjoy and makes talking in a car a joy, then this is the phone for you. If you need megabytes of memory, extensive gaming ability and other geek features, look elswhere. I love this phone.
This phone looks cool until you actually hold it in your hand and realize it's HUGE. What Motorola took off in thickness, they added in width and the phone is easily the size of a deck of cards. The screen and keys are awesome, but it's impossible to put the phone in your pocket comfortably like a Sony or Nokia candy-bar style phone.
Have owned the v3 for 4 weeks and is used mostly for business. While clearly a smartly designed phone it has some real faults.
1. Screen is not visable outside in sunlight (same as my last phone)
2. Backlight turns off too promptly (to save the little battery)and screen is then not legible.
3. No way to reject a call without opening the clamshell
4. only accepting the first letter of a name in the phone book really sucks as I have a huge phonelist and I have to scroll through endless names. The only show primary number is a plus. Its a pity the phone doesnt allow you to short cut the categories selection which would then mean I would be looking through 100 names for each category)
5. When selecting a name to send SMS to from the phone book the number doesnt come up (ie if you have contacts with say, a work and a private mobile, you cant tell the difference between them when selecting)
6. The battery indicator stays at full for at least 48 hours on standby and then the battery dies in less than 5 hours. It then beeps at you every couple of minutes so if it happens at night while its beside your bed... its a wake up call.
7. If you accidently store a number without a name then the whole phone book becomes inaccessable. Try it if you dont believe me (tip to delete the accident you will need at least one voice name recorded beforehand to be able to get somehwere else in the phone book and you will need to be in the view screen to delete it)
8. normal SMS dont have "delivered' option. Ie i dont know when the other party has had the SMS delivered
9. the speaker except when in speakerphone mode is too soft so I have ended up using speakerphone to my ear when outside.
10. The quick dial menu only allows for 3 numbers (but if you can remember the numbers of key people in your phonebook you can access them by number ie 236# which is very very quick and much faster than scrolling through endless names)
On the positive side there are lots of good things as well. A few not normally mentioned are:
1. The GPRS linked in to my laptop through the phonetools software and i was linked to my office VPN with 10 minutes of setup and subsequently in about 20 seconds and it works every where my phone works and is fast too. This is a big plus.
2. The phone charges the battery when connected to my laptop through the USB connector which should mean i'll never run out of power even when travelling.
3. The software to load down pictures of a few friends to apply to the phone book works flawlessly and simply.
4. The ability to program menus and get rid off the stuff I dont needs is excellent.
On balance not a perfect phone but not a complete shocker either
no card slot ....if u pay alot then wat u get a fone wid no card slot andjust 5.5 MB memory and no megapixel camera ...now its time of megapixle camera fones...no infra red..no symbian operating system ...just a good looking set and good voice of mp3 songz so y to pay so much just 4 these
Just got it, easy to use, screen is big and clear, connect to pc allowing transfer of calender and contact information, only complaint is that the keypad is weird dunno if ill get used to it but at the mo im pressing some wrong buttons, tried the new nokias and id rate v3 much higher for what it does, seems that nokia need to look at the internal of the phone than making what they think are funky new age phones
The black one is extremely ugly.......unlike the silver "original" one!!!
Anyway, this is not a nice phone to use!
I think they are easy to use, and so thin.
i had the silver one and i have just got the black one its so much nicer looking
This is a nice phone to look at But NOT that nice a phone to USE !!
I had my V3 since Dec of l2004. Didn't have any real problem with it. I even dropped it twice and it didn't break. The picture is very clear and its light. I would recommend this phone to anyone. I got a great deal for my phone and that was just another added reason why I got the phone. If you want to know anything about it just drop me a line.
I am looking at getting a V3 and it seems really complicated to use. Is anyone who had one able to please tell me if it is complicated. And if so, is it easy to pick up?
i strongly recommend V3 as a beatiful phone... yes i think this problem is actually not a problem :) it is an ordinary thing. i now have problems about the guaranteering firm so i think i will give my V3 back and replace it with another phone(D500, MPx220 or 6630) or again V3... i definitely want to prefer V3 but i dont know what will happen tomorrow...
The Motorola V3 is a beautiful handset, One of a kind. Stunning in silver or black
i am thinking to buy this phone.
do you advice me to buy a V3 motorola ? how is the screen ? is it clear as the other 250K mobile screens ...
stef ,dont worry about the flexibilty in the joints of the mobile ... it's normal , i have a T100 samsung ... i bought it for $520 , it costs very little now , but it has the same thing you are talking about ... i guess it's normal , unless it moves much to the right and to the left ...
wat"s up people?I want to get a motorolaV3 en i am a litle disapointed by its menu can i make some up grades or not?
send me an e_mail or the up grade.
thanks a lot for the page
ive had a v3 for a few months now its a nice phone but does lack some features. ill do a short pros and cons from personal experience.
looks great, nice and thin so it can fit in my jeans pocket without a massive bulge! easy to navigate, good display, nice voice quality, sms is easy, large phonebook, err plenty more
pain in the ass to keep clean, vga camera, no video, tiny memory 5.5mb. not the greatest speaker, when you put it on the charger it changes your ring profile (i havent bothered to see if you can change a setting..)
all in all its a great phone if you dont live on your phone. i use it to make/receive voice calls and occasionally send/receive sms/mms.
i've heard alot about the v3 and i've heard more bad things than good things about it. Could someone please tell me whats soooo bad about it and some good stuff about the fone.
thanks stef :)
first of all i should tell that V3 takes attention very much... its a really cool phone... i love it much. but as far as ive used it, ive some questions about it... first of all when you choose a specific melody for one person, when that person sends you a SMS that melody plays instead of this while taking calls that should play i think. How i can solve this? Next, when i open the phone BLUETOOTH seems to be opened automatically so i close it manuelly. Can anyone tell me how could i close completely? And lastly most importantly, I CAN MOVE THE COVER OF V3 TO LEFT OR RIGHT a bit (mostly left)WHILE ITs COVER IS CLOSED OR HALF OPENED
is this normal? And there is an opening above the camera to the right as you can see in this link. Do you have this too??? http://photobucket.com/albums/v727/youDare/?action=view¤t=aklk.jpg