1. The phone functions differently depending upon the firmware. This is determined by contract with the Mobile Carrier - i.e. T-Mobile, Orange, Cingular etc. So, can it record video? Yes and No. It will on T-Mobile, but not on most other carriers. Does it have issues? Yes and No. Again, this depends upon the firmware installed by the carrier.
2. Yes, the functions/menus are a bit inconvenient and lacking, as compared to Samsung and Nokia. However, they are different on the new Sprint version--which look more intuitive as on the Samsung. This will be addressed in the V3 2.
3. Some people claim there is poor reception with the V3. However, the one I use has great reception. The one I tried prior to it… … did not. So, this is obviously due to quality control. This V3 has better reception than the SE W800i I tried or Samsung D500 my wife took from me. And, that surprised me after reading my first experience and reading about the performance.
4. My first V3 played better with the Moto 850 headset; again, probably a matter of quality control.
5. The first V3 I tried had weak volume. I had read about this issue when the firs V3s arrived. However, my second V3 is very loud in my ear, and load in my headset.
* Yes, there will be a V3x. However, there will ALSO be an update to the V3. The new V3 [V3 2] will have 1.3 mp camera, trans-flash card slot, a faster processor, improved intuitive menus, stronger re-designed hinge--like the Sprint phone. Also, there will be other colors--including a darker titanium look and burgundy.
* There will be a new “Razor” bluetooth headset that has v2.0. It is the same firmware as the just released SonyEricsson 610. I’m not sure, however, if the current V3s will work with its improved features. Maybe its design is for the V3 2 and V3x.
Form vs. function:
> The V3 was extremely overpriced when it first launched. But, at its current price--it’s not a bad phone--if you get a good one. I recommend insurance. T-Mobile had a two day special where the phone was free. I’d say that is a good price--if you are going to sign-up anyway.
> Candy-bar phones and slider phones are easier to hold. I have a tendency--because of the shape of the V3--to almost drop it. Flipping a phone to open it--which looked really cool on Star Trek--is not always convenient. However, it’s extremely easy to carry and have on my side.
Hi ive ordered a silver one, should be here in a couple of days, I see there are very mixed views about this phone on here, ill post my opinion back, when ive had a little time test it out..
Bought my V3BLK 5 days a go and its very cool. No problem what so ever. Memory is a little bit small but all i need is a good phone that looks like a gem...
Center soft key, recent calls, recieved calls. The numbers without checks next to them are the one's you missed
Got a text message from my brother in spain this morning. Apparently his boss has a Motorola V3 with a 1gb internal memory, says it's a limited edition and he bought it for 285 Euros. Have seen no mention of this phone anywhere on the web so what I want to know is, does this phone exist and if so where can I get hold of it. Love my V3 but the 5gb memory is a nightmare. I 1gb version of the V3 would solve my problems!
lolz!! 5.5mb of internal mem is like nothing man, hmm..depending on how many KBs a foto is taken, and 5.5mb is like 1 song, if u put it in a mp3 file... (-_0)
I buy Motorola V3, but I have not a user's manual. Can you help me
MOTOROLA V3 EXTERNAL SCREEN ISSUE
Hi, good day to you all. I just purchased a motorola v3 phone and the problem i am having with it is this: the external screen is not lighting up when i am getting an in-call. As a matter of fact, it is not lighting at all. Please help me.........thanks.....your respond is well appreciated.
to simon: when you want to connect your bluetooth after putting the power on from the connection icon you have to select find me for your bluetooth to work. i cannot help you on your other problem however..
the v3 has 5mb of memory...how many photos, approximately, can this hold?
Have 2 questions, is anyone else having problems with bluetooth connectivity, mine wont connect with my pc or headset.Secondly downloading tunes from your pc via usb cable, i have phone tools but cant find the multi media tab people are on about, what does it look like, or am i just being really stupid.please help i am a technophobe!!
hi! i bot v3black (new),its extremely techno..i like the shape and size the most.it doesnt have so much features...but i love it.thamks moto
hi all, i just have V3 black and it 's look so classic. unfortunatelly i got it as secand-hand and no installation CD for mobile tool, i try the page http://www.mptrim.com/ but can't get through, pl someone help me for another page that can download tools for V3, many thanks
I love checkin this site out to see what people have to say, most of you crack me up. As was mentioned before, let's not forget that this is a CELL PHONE, if you want to take GREAT pictures, BUY A DIGITAL CAMERA, if you want a 1000 MP3s, BUY A MP3 PLAYER! I've had no problems at all with my Black Razr, it's a great phone & worth what I paid for it. The texting is great & easy, the bluetooth works great, I can walk about my whole house & not lose service. As for the picture quality, I think it's great for a cell phone, as do most of my friends when they see the pics I have on it. Maybe I just lucked out with mine, but if anyone in the U.S. is thinking of buying this phone, I highly recommend it, great looking, great features, all in all a great buy.
Has anyone else had a problem with the phone freezing completely when trying to text?
My friend's phone will totally freeze when he tries to enter text and he has to restart it. Has been going on for 3 days now. Cant send text messages, or insert a name for a phone number at all.
Does it scratch easily or at all?
Am looking to buy one and want to know how resistant it is to scratches.
I bought the black razr, and while it looks nice, it ahs its faults. First off, the battery life is poor. Secondly, the camera is worse than a shoe-cam(why make a phone like this with not even a megapixel? Godd pics need 3MP anyways...), and the screen/external displays get greasy/smudged just by looking at it. The phone is so fragile, I hate feeling like I'm gonna damage it, and if I get a case, the phone will be hidden under all this tacky material. If I had to do it again, I'd get the NEC razr-ish looking phone, the L1.
This type of phone can be syncronize with Contacts from Outlook? Tks!