Pherry, 21 May 2009I've tried the site waptrick.com to download games but i'm unable to do so. My lil bro has a N... moreI tried waptrick and games are downloading fine (downloading one now) they are in proper format (jad and jar). Are you unable to download, or unable to install or unable to play? Remember that because of landscape resolution and key codes (which are different for all phones) not much games are compatible with E8. You will be able to install them, but you wont be able to run them properly. Their resolution will differ or keys wont work. Hope it helps.
IZZY, 21 May 2009hi, i want to know about the screen size because in the specifications says 2 inches and in t... moreAlthough being the same size, w580's portrait screen looks a little smallish, while E8's screen looks a lot more natural and easy on eyes.
IZZY, 21 May 2009hi,
i want to know about the screen size because in the specifications says 2 inches and in t... moreOk E8 first thing to not is that E8 has a landscape screen. The screen quality is one of the best with great contrast and superb brightness.
About screen size, E8 has been well optimized to make use of its landscape screen. Most important is that E8 screen is a lot more natural on eyes. Watching videos is good, browsing web is good, reading MSGs is great. In list-like menus (e.g. phonebook) you get 6 lines displayed which is enough. However dont expect to view thumbnails properly, it shows 1.5 lines in big thumbnail view and 3 lines in small thumbnail view.
boris, 19 May 2009hi there! just thinking of getting E8 home but i have some qs about it...
1) is the speaker... more1. Okey i'll say the speaker is loud enough for a single speaker setup, but not as loud as those stereo speakers in NOKIAs. E8 vibration is good and i dont think theres any chance to miss calls. However, E8 cant "Vibrate AND Ring" at the same time like other sets, it can however "Vibrate THEN Ring"
2. Hummm well it depends a lot on your carrier and signal. I'll say even with best carrier and light use, dont expect E8 to run over 2 days. However with a good carrier and heavy use, E8 can stretch over 1 day. Weak carrier is a totally different story. One of my connection's signal is so weak that you hardly get 1-2 bars inside office, with such a signal, E8 dies in 12-16 hrs with light use which is a shock. But with my other connection which has 4-5 bars, things are back to nornaml.
3. Yes you can save SMS to computer, do it with Motorola Phone Tools (the CD which comes bundled)
4. Ppl are storing around 3000 sms without any problems
MY TAKE : E8 is a novelty music phone. If you can live with a few things, the deal is really worth it.
I've tried the site waptrick.com to download games but i'm unable to do so. My lil bro has a NOK 6103 and he's downloading a lot of them. If there's something wrong the phone ? I'm waiting for ya guys. Thanks
i want to know about the screen size because in the specifications says 2 inches and in the sonyericsson w580 also says 2 inches, but the E8 looks smaller than se w580. there is a big difference between e8 and w580 screen size?
hi there! just thinking of getting E8 home but i have some qs about it...
1) is the speaker loud enough?? will it miss call very often when you put E8 in the pocket? (i'm still using E680i, it's getting old now the battery goes very fast and the speaker is going weak...and i miss call very very often=_=)
2) how's the battery life? (if i only talk around 1-2hrs per day and few sms, no web, no music, how long will it last?)
3) can i save the sms to my computer in excel file?
4) how many sms can you save in E8? 1000 or as many as you can in 2Gb?
thanks in advance!
Anonymous, 15 May 2009hey hows the sound quality of rokr e8check back a few pages for detailed review :)
leo, 17 May 2009coreSOLO! is this true? you cant mod E8 if you update its firmware? shed light to this pAL pls.Sad, but its true, however it only applies to custom mods. So if you update your phone with official update service, you will not be able to install custom firmwares in your phone, but you can still install any future official updates from Motorola.
Though this site discourages modding discussions, thanks to shobhit for bringing up this topic. Check MMUS dot US for more on this.
I think that latest official firmware is great in every way and a normal user wont need to custom mod his phone anyway. Not to mention that custom mod can void warranty and can brick the phone permanently. Though opinions might differ. Check the site for more info.
shobhit, 14 May 2009guys plz dont update ur phone . i will make ur phone stick and then u will not able to mod that coreSOLO! is this true? you cant mod E8 if you update its firmware? shed light to this pAL pls.
coreSOLO, 13 May 2009You can download and install latest firmware for your phone for motorola's site. Its 100% lega... moreguys plz dont update ur phone . i will make ur phone stick and then u will not able to mod that
ss, 13 May 2009hey man......help me 2 find its softwaresYou can download and install latest firmware for your phone for motorola's site. Its 100% legal, official and contain no viruses. I updated my E8 a few days back and the new firmware really seem to speedup my E8. Do it as follows. Steps are tentative and may change depending motorola's local site for your country.
- Go to motorola's official site http://www.motorola.com/countryselector and select your country
- GO to 'consumer/customer' section
- Go to 'Support Section'
- Go to 'Phone Software update'
- Select 'Update via PC'
- Select your phone model
- Select your carrier
- Download 'Motorola Update Manager' software
- Download latest phone drivers
Once you have the software, its really simple
- Install drivers
- Install Update Manager
- Backup your files, phonebook and SMSs
- Connect your phone to PC in 'Modem' mode
- Update Manager will detect your phone and download updates
- Update Manager will then update your phone, make sure not to disconnect the phone and dont turn off PC. It will take about 15 mins.
Thats it. Your phone will be automatically restarted and ready to use with latest software installed!
KIRAN_K2, 04 May 2009 hi coresolo....thank's a lot!hey man......help me 2 find its softwares
from where i can access the softwares for my E8?and how can I get 16 gb expandable memory?
towhidabid, 07 May 2009ok i just want a direct ans from rokr E8 users, i want good battery life, good muzic ofcoz, an... moreNokia 5320XM will give you better battery life and louder speaker. E8 will give you better music, but with a lower volume. Nokia 5320XM will suit you better.
sadia, 09 May 2009can u transfer phonebook to PC?Yes you can using Motorola Phone Tools. CD comes along with phone package.
towhidabid, 07 May 2009ok i just want a direct ans from rokr E8 users, i want good battery life, good muzic ofcoz, an... moreHey, don't insult 5320xm comparing to e8. 5320xm is a different origin. They are called "Smartphone". Nokia claim them as multimedia computer. Not phone.
ok i just want a direct ans from rokr E8 users, i want good battery life, good muzic ofcoz, and loud ringtones. now tell me is rokr e8 really worth it?? and i've shortlisted E8 and nokia 5320XM.. so help me put here ppl... and do dis set has any kind of defect of probs dat i shud know ?!! plzz ppl honest openion.. no fanboy ansers.. thnx in advance.