friend plz tell me how many java apps can we run at a time in Z6
THANKS IN ADVANCE
love the feel of the phone , pitty it has no 3g. Doesnt support alot of video files, and frame rate is slow. Love the music player.
Rokr z6 has got one of the best displays in the market! Colours are vivid and bright!! A very decent camera with flash.. Extremely fast Linux interface!! very stylish!! decent battery standy..could be better if they could increase in the futur software updates... rich sounding music player but lacks total sound output when played through headphones.. Awesome voice clarity.. I think the phone will be made even more powerful in the coming software updates having a 650Mhz processor speed..
ok...so i was gonna buy the nokia 5610 but i'm a total motorola fan. so i looked up this phone and it seems to be awsome. just one thing...which is better between the two? the nokia 5610 or the motorola z6?
awesome phone! the video in .rm is the best of the best. the bad is the battery life is so poor.
Hi... can anyone tell me how long the battery lasts with normal usage i.e just calls and usual stuff, excluding listening to music. Thanx!!
Well, its my 5th phone and I love it. I was using Nokia 6600 then switched to N72 but it was too slow so I switched to this phone and it rocks in looks as well as in quality and ease of use.
Good things that i liked in this phone is the fast interface, build quality, sliding ofcourse, screen quality, sound
Bad things are also there like the camera has no motion blur correction, you have to keep your breath on hold to take a picture but the still image quality is good. Video is the poorest I have ever seen, it only record video in 3gp in vga size. Redialing records are only 20 so you can't track old numbers. Well to get maximum backup you need to charge it in switched off position otherwise it will only last for a day. No softwares or games available till date. Reception is not comparable to Nokia at any cost, it lose signal where Nokia is working.
Well, it has more of the bad points then the good ones but still I love this phone due to its metallic and sleek look.
can anyone tell me the battery life playing music with headphones?
cuz I want to buy this phone and I listen
music 2 hours around everydays.
thanks for read this.
I m using Z6 premium Edn that came with 2GB microSD & S6 BT stero headset for the past 4 months.
Somethings I observed, Good n Bad:
1. At first glance the phone looks like the usual Motorola new look phone, till the stunning phone display quality reveals itself. Well proportioned body dimensions and contours and unnoticeable unglazed finish in the gripping areas, which helps in firm grip of the phone even for the careless user & The top of the class slider. One can observe how important these features are if we try to handle Samsung D900i metallic series instrument which tends to slip off from the palm unless carefully handled due to its larger width & glazed gripping area and it slipped off almost when I handled it the first time; One should be able to clutch a mobile phone comfortably with fingers and palm; it is very importation for people who donot sit ata desk all the day but move around. And the contours/thickness of Sony 830i/850i sliders fail us in this aspect. New MOTO phone sliders are THE BEST though 830/850i sliders are also good and lasting but not with the feel of a ‘warm knife slicing through a block of butter’ as I feel in Z6 slider which is intact even after initial usage of 3-4 months and the eager spring mechanism closes the slider with a confident thud; appears and feel to last quite a longtime. These are the basic things a user should look for esp., who use the instrument for making/taking calls for more than 75% of the time.
2. Top class display quality among 262K peer models. I find all the 262K displays are not of the same quality in terms of sharpness and colour contrast in all the makes and sometimes even the models of a make and definitely new Motorola phones have now emerged as the leaders in this department. Voice quality is crisp & Speaker vol level max. is adequate even for an unsophisticated listener, but not as much as required to allow silent damage your ear drum sensitivity, which has gained importance these days with i-pods and the lot.
3. Though battery is 720 mAh, may be because of Linux OS it lasts quite a longtime for me(80% on calls, rest fiddle with phone,music etc) Make sure you change Band from Automode to 900/1800 which saves a lot of power.
4. Reception with the S6 Bluetooth Stereo headset is of very good quality , good for a decent distance. Camera is OK. Voice dial also works well with some practice. The phone rarely hangs up; happened once, which can be reset only by forcibly pulling the battery as I couldnot switch it off and restart, but it happened with just music player on without any other stuff running along.
5. Messaging is a breeze unlike the earlier motorolas, but it doesnot allow the templates to be edited as we need and send right away. One has to save the changes first before sending. The 3 factory themes are v.good. The phone can work like an external drive to store all files on the 2 GB card as unidentifiable files, since Z6 has no document reading capabilities
1. The very bad phone features or lack of it are: All manual redials appear as multiple entries instead of just indicating the number of redials /missed calls alongside as in case of other phones, that too within the paltry 20 call history limit, filling it up in no time.
2. Fast edit and dial of recent nos. from history/phonebook is a big pain. For eg: when you need to make attempt to dial nos. in a series when you get engaged tone number after another esp., in networks/PBX boards that donot have number hunting facility.
3. One cannot access Missed Calls & Inbox messages directly from alerts on the homescreen, which has only two useless options of Clear & ClearAll, which need to be mandatorily pressed first & then punch another stupid confirmation buttom to reach home screen. From there press the usual series of buttons for Inbox or alert.
The four navigation hotkeys are the only way to access some deeply embedded functions like
4. It appears there is no way to get the tower information /area information, in the unabled networks, which I couldnot switch on inspite of best efforts. This is very useful in road/rail travel where you can readily see the place you are in (rather the tower it catches) without the need to ask anyone around. I couldnot do it even in on my wife’s W220 basic Motophone.
I am not a motofreak but I liked its trendy and VFM proposition which started with RAZR series & the features and feel, after seeing my wife’s basic Motophone 220. Nokia I observe is providing more features for the same money but of late it is failing in performance response, hang-ups and they are not at all sleek, rather like bulky brick pieces. But as a package Z6 is also a good VFM and for those who cannot maintain the sophisticated stuff like touch screen phones E6 or Motoming 1200.
Can any one suggest the sites where downloads/applications for Motorokr Z6 Linux OS are available. Especially to comeover the above difficulties. And also to empower the phone in document reading capabilities atleast Word & excel may be even Adobe reader.
Hi your'll i got the Rokr z6 about a week ago an the text messaging is crappy when I tell you this I tell you all, to me it need an upgrade, anyway the capacity is great although the speakers could have be a little more loud, more Volume other than that it is the bomb no doubt I would encourage you to purchase the z6 ( to the manufactures you need to change the text messaging, volume and battry life)besides that it is ok
the z6 is way much better than the z3. i've seen one, the resemblance is only skin-deep. the z6 is shockingly very fast, i guess it has the fastest processor around. plus, it has a Linux OS, sturdy housing, and the most vivid screen i've seen. anyway, i just got to toy around this lil beast at a showroom, so i can't dig into the details. but this is really worth the money. (i'm planning to buy one this xmas. ho-ho!) bydway, i haven't tested its texting capabilities. i don't know if its quick to respond. z6 owners, care to enlighten us?
oh ok.. so now i want to know the difference between motorokr z6 and motorola z3, i can't find much differencces, which one is better?
Bought the phone a couple days ago and i love it. the design, the features, sick. uploading/downloading and playback of music, easy. the battery died quick, but after i recharged it it lasts a lot longer, it just needed to discharge once. great phone
im planning on buying a new phone for the new year so i just wanted to know which phone is better the ROKR Z6, or the ROKR E6, or the ROKR E8? which phone should i get out of the three?
Depend on you need. Becaue i am looking for the design and innovation; i choose Motorola Rokr E8.
good day to all. how's text messaging in this fon? is it okay? or is it just like the E2? E2 is a great fon, im still using it. its the texting that really gets into my nerve sometimes.
Hi, is the first time that i write, i'm from Mexico and i bought this phone and i can say that is excelent, nice photos, nice interface and the sound is incredible. Buy it ;)
hi there, i'm planing to buy z6 mobile but i heard that there's a difference if it's made in China or Singapore, which one is better, & what is the advantage, advise me please, thank you
just bought this phone .very impressive features.so fast !! never seen a handset before this with so many features and such easy operation.the only drawback as i see it can be the absence of fm radio..also the sound clarity is towards the lower side.i give 6/10 for this, which is good by my standards.