The reason why you are taking 300 shots at low resolution is because you've never changed the resolution in the camera menu. If you take time to check your phone, you'll realize there are different resolutions you can choose from, one being the 1.2 mp res.
It's unbelievable how many people complain about this phone. Reading the comments, it's pretty obviouse that there are many people that are not technically savy as their problems are mostly due to the user's service provider and thier inability to comprehend the phone's menus and options. PLEASE do some research before you complain. I have the v635 and it is by far the best flip phone on the market. I've had NO problems with it and have had it for five months. If you can't handle a phone like this one, then save yourself the frustration and get a simpler phone. Cheers.
i dont like the fact that it has lots of space under the keypad for no reason (if u get the bit i mean) but all motorolas have that, dont they. Other than this, great fone not had any probs with mine.
I agree with the long winded post by Joe on Nov. 21/05. This model doesn't live up to it's hype.
1) They say is has a 1.3MB camera. Well I've taken at least 300 shots and have never been able to get an indoor or outdoor daylight or night photo to register more than 400K
2) The internal speaker (not the speakerphone) sounds like people are talking to you thru a pillow...very muffled. Compared to my old Nokia (which had an EQ feature and lots of volume), this phone is dreadful.
3) Editing a number in your missed calls box is not possible unless you save the number to the memory. Who needs that frustration when you're rolling down the highway at 70+.
4) They make you pay for interface software that is probably the worst piece of junk I've ever used with an electronic gadget.
Can you put mp3s on this phone? as i have been trying to send song from my phone (samsung e530 to my friends Motorola V635
I just bought the v635. The memory stick would not show in the phone and it crashed 2 times on me....is it know problem?
When i turn the phone off and back on again, the memory stick will show. storage devivce.
if you are not phone savy then this phone is not for you because the original software have bugs and crashes. if you know how to flash new software or firmware and know p2k programs with seem editing volume then you will have the perfect flip phone.
i like this phone although ive had like problems with it ... it freezes from time to time and doesnt send messages everynow and then
Great cell phone, But you really need to get a bigger mb chip. E bay has them cheep like $12 i payed for a 128mb. I can get alot more songs on now.
If you say so. Seldom have problems with mine, lightning fast Edge at all times crashed maybe once or twice when it was my fault for doing crazy crap to the phone.
This phone is the worst peace of junk I have ever seen. If you want to save yourself tremendeous headaches do yourself a favour and stay away from it. I will be very specfic for those that still have doubts:
1. unstable OS - the phone OS crashes almost every day under all possible circumstances like opening the phone, turning on your BT headset, in the middle of conversation etc.
2.U can't hear anything unless U use a headset or use the built in speaker
3.The phone does not hand off calls among the cell towers while driving causing disconnected calls
4. The BT functionality desrves improvement as switching off one BT device and opening another cause the phone to crash or not to recognize the BT device unless you reboot it (turn it off and on)
4. The EDGE/GPRS feature does not always work smootheley and you might need to rebbot the phone and remove the batery.
5. battery life is very short in general and it is realy bad if U use a BT headset - I am draining it in 2 hours when the call volume is high.
The conclusion - while this model is slightly better than the V551 which in my opionion should be simply recalled and removed from the market, it is still a very bad phone. If you are a business professional who needs the phone for more than few evening chats with friends I would strongly suggest that U stay away from this and all other Motorola models. Motorola models are designed to impress by their design and by giving you a long list of impressive features which in reality can be hardely cosidered working. So if you need a reliable phone do yourself a favour and look elsewhere - probably towards SonyEricsson or other vendors.
It is a fabulas phone perfect for secondary students like me. I love this phone every person under 16 should have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol joel.If only.
Well anyway do u have to buy the usb seperately,if so how much?
How do I put music onto the mp3 player? I.e from my computer to the player. As I want to transfer music from my cd's. or can this only be done by downloading.
im interested in this phone do you get the usb cable with it or not?And how much are memory cards?Please email me or leave a reply on here
My sister and I both got this phone not so long ago. After about 8 weeks both our phones came up with the same error, it would crash whenever we tried to call or answer a call. I myself have had 3 replacement phones (same model) and every single one has had the same problem. I'd definately recommend keeping away from this model of phone.
This phone is great i was gonna buy the razr but i choose not to and purchase the v635 instead seeing that it comes with external memory and a great camera also the mp3 player is awesome.. 1 question where can i get memory cards for this phone i need more memory bad .. lots of videos
does anyone know how can i assign an mp3 file transfered to my phone as a ringtone cause i can not do that
please anyone help me and anyone know please contact me on email@example.com or on msn with the same id