Why does it not support voice telephony? I was really looking forward to replace my smartphone and laptop with this device.
motorola new motto is..
life. M powered.
lol. they are copying BMW car manufacturer! lol
You all should check this new Tablet... not so famous in the market... but going to be hot cake soon
I don't understand why they don't have it on GSMARENA...
from what I see from the specs, I think Moto has hit it finally, after a long sleep, I am a big fan of apple but lately I am very disappointed by the company greed and arrogance, they become more about there personal war with other companies' CEO's than the quality of there products, not to mention there greedy marketing policy that make there costumers buy the same product over and over again because the hold the technology back, I am one going to buy this tablet rather than iPad2, because i m not happy with the current one, and most likely the next generation of most apple product are rip offs
can we use earlier types of programs for honeycomb?like android 1.6 or 2.3
it s not 800$ it s actually 539$ so moto did it right... i will buy a 539$ xoom over a 499$ 16 gb ipad2 anyyy timeeee of the day
I for a long time wanted to post a comment or my view of why I would go with Android Tablet (XOOM) more than an Ipad. I already Own an Ipad. And I really do feel the need to have Android XOOM. It is not because of the Hardware Spec, It is not because of the Software Spec. It's mearly for these unique openness of Android which I mention below
1. I wanted to teach my 5 year Old what Addition is ? What Subtraction is ? And basically how Math is done. I purchsed a few APPLS on I-Pad none of which conveyed what I wanted to Convey and Connect to her. And I am not a Software person to write Such an APP
2. So I decided to use GOOGLE APP CREATOR without having to know the Software. With that I was able to create a nice APP tailored to teach her and I was able to DROP it into my ANDROID-DROID. She was able to pick up Math easily and I felt Proud of Myself.
This is a Compelling reason for people to Use XOOM.
1. I have my Songs on SD card and I can swap back and forth b/w my DROID and XOOM
2. XOOM comes with built in HDMI and I don't have to shell down an extra $39 for the Apple Wires
3. XOOM will be able to Play Flash. And my Kids can PLAY the free games on PBSKIDS.ORG
4. XOOM is more Open and Friendy for People like me who would like to use it more personally by creating my Own Apps by just Drag and Drop.
5. Lastly I dont have to Login to I-tunes every time and be scared that I logged out (so that my kids dont accidentaly download where Credit card gets charged).. Android Market is more secure in that sense
So all of you who rave and rant about I-Pad ? Think how personal your tablet can get beyond just listening to music etc....
I have fount lot of great accessories for XOOM at: http://www.xoom-accessories.com
over clock xoom to 1.5ghz ooooooooooooooooof
i get it next week
lmao gsm arena is doing tablets now. smarts phones will take a back seat lol.
Motorola is giving away a limited edition gold Motorola XOOM for the Oscars
The Oscars just wouldn't be the same without all the swag, right? Motorola is giving away limited edition gold Motorola XOOMs to every Oscar nominee, and you could get your hands on one as well! And let's be real: $800 is a lot of money.
The sweepstakes, occurring from now until 11:59 PM on February 28th, will award 2 lucky winners with a gold Motorola XOOM, as well as a blingtastic gold-embossed slipcase. To enter, simply retweet all of the Motorola Mobility accounts posts, and add the hashtag "#motoxoom". Every retweet will count as one entry.
The contest is limited to U.S. residents over the age of 18, and you obviously can't be an employee of Motorola Mobility, or a relative of such an employee. The two potential winners will be announced on March 1st, but if the winners don't respond promptly, the gold XOOMs will default to the next contestants. So check your inbox! For more information, check out the link to Motorola's Twitter page below