i wouldnt count bluetooth as an extra option lol
i would really like to know where you are mailing to because i would like to give them a peace of my mind
I've sent a mail to the swedish authorities on communication and I hope that they look into the bluetooth fiasco that is nec e616. I hear ya ppl on the software mess and I hope that Fixes come before I get angry because you would't like me that way.
Like I said, we should be able to format it and re-install all the software just like we can on a computer.
*e616 will NOT play games over 96k in size.
*e616 will NOT play nokia-specific games as they use nokia files.
i should say 11
10 things I hate about the 616…
I hate NEC phones... I used to have the e808 upgraded to the e616 and I have to say it was disappointing the phone has so much potential if only the software was up to scratch. It really is a brainless phone
1. What’s with the stupid Bluetooth I cant connect to any other phones to receive ring tones pics games etc... C’mon NEC
2 JAVA the only way u can get games is if u download it (I hate NEC) + it has LIMITED capacity even with the memory stick
3. I paid an extra $300 for the e616 when I could have got the e313 with close to exactly the same features (616 has Bluetooth, torch, and looks way better)
4. I have had the phone for 2 months and u will notice that the menus aren’t exactly right. Things are every where and not where u expect to find them. They’ve got little hidden menus every where. When you’re doing different things you find a menu and sometimes its not there. If u ask me I think they tried a little to hard and just made it stupid
5. Its not reliable if u have one im sure this message would have popped up more then once "please wait initiating".
6. The front display setup can’t be changed to make the clock and date bigger like the box u could say false advertising.
7. I found this really annoying when someone calls I press "c" to put the phone on silent but then I cant close the phone or else it will just hang up on them lol
8. Speaker. I have to wait until someone answers the phone before I can use it. U might say now im getting to fussy but when it’s on automatic redial it’s not fun to hold the phone and just wait.
9. Midi files have a limited size of 20kb; u can’t use mp3's as an alarm or ring tones.
10. takes ages for it to load up the memory when u turn on the phone most likely when your battery dies. Now here is something I want every one to try! turn off your phone and turn it back on don’t wait for it to load quickly close the phone and look closely. The freaking light is still on "that eats battery " now wait for it to go off.....................wait………………………….waiting.................. still waiting................ Ok u can stop waiting because it doesn’t go off believe me it doesn’t. Does it? It doesn’t
Conclusion: I love my phone. Really I do. Why? Because this phone has so much potential it’s phenomenal. And if the people in the phone department of NEC are as dumb as the e616. Then god help them all because look at it ive never in my life had a phone that crashes have u? Anyway im getting a little carried away and if anyone out there should know how to fix these problems contact me.
p.s. im sending this page to NEC tonight so they can see how disappointed we are... peace out... 2d
i wish i could get my money back. I haven't tried because i expect they will say 'no, too bad'. Does anyone know legally (in Oz, Perth) whether I should be able to take this phone back for a refund and not a replacement?
With these new fancy new UMTS phones these days it should come with a little format chip that u can plug into the phone so u can erase all the software from the phone and put everything back to the way it came from the factory because these things are getting more and more like computers...they can crash, get viruses, accidently delete software.
Who agrees with me?
I won't be getting this phone because of all the bad comments about it.
1. I want a phone that let's me upload java applications to it instead of forcing me to go through a paid service.
2. Bluetooth must be fully-featured - otherwise it's next to useless.
3. The memeory limitation must be fixed. It makes absolutely no sense to limit the memory devoted to Java applications to 960k (96k max for application) for example, especially when the phone itself has 19MB built-in.
4. NEC should fix all the bugs in the firmware operating system. Bugs are completely unacceptable in consumer appliance products. This isn't MS Office and Windows we're talking about here.
5. The PC phone management software needs an overhaul. If you can't add contacts or text files directly from the PC, then it severely limits it's usefulness.
I hope NEC gets the message for the successor to the e616 if they can't fix the problems in the current model.
Had phone 5 days now. I think its a very attractive phone, but i'm pretty disapointed with a few things.
1) Battery life
2) People are calling me and the majority of the calls are going to messagebank.
I thought it was odd I wasn't getting calls, so i tested it by ringing my phone from another phone and it went to messageback. Turned phone off then on again and suprise suprise, i had messages!!
3) Today a call disconnected mid chat for no apparant reason.
4) Yesterday I had 3 unsuccessful attempts at calling people. One was stuck in 'connecting' mode for some time so I went to 'hang up' and I couldn't. I had to switch the phone off for it to work again.
4)Today a friend never received my sms I sent.
I've never experienced problems like this before with my previous nokia/provider.
I can't believe I bought this outright and need this for business use. I'm screwed.
very nice phone
NEC e616. Avoid it. I am usually an 'early adopter' but this phone crashes two or three times a day. It chews through batteries. It is a DOG of a phone. Like the phone, Three will be a great service in a couple of years time, but not right now.
This phone really sucks !!
Bluetooth doesn't work for data transfer, no more than 5Mb transfer over USB link, battery (i'm speaking of the large one) last for max a day, phone reset and go off randomly.
If i knew all this i surely bought a Motorola 835, yes is a nice phone to build your dog's house but it WORKS FINE !!
the software is realy irritatin! i asked in a 3 store if i could update the software anywere, but they told me there wouldnt be any updates :/
and something that is very anoying is that i cant send files bigger than around 5 mb.. the software on the computer says that the file is to big!? BUT I HAVE 128 mb on the freaking phone!! anyone knows anything i can do plz email me!
It's me again,
Just called "3" Customer care in Australia and spoke with a lady in regards to Mp3's as ringtones. She advised that it is not able to do that at present. However, NEC are looking into a possible upgrade in future which would allow us to use Mp3's as ringtones.
At present only Midi files can be used as Ringtones..
forgot to mention that "3" have also advised me that they have an updated Operating System for the e616. To update your phone in Australia you need to take your phone to a repair center and get the software reloaded. This will delete all your data on the phone. So I would imagine a backup should be done before you get the upgrade.
Contact your "3" dealer for your nearest repair center.
I have had my e616 phone now for about 2 months here in Australia. It's bloody fantastic!.. Although, I have been told by "3" that Java games can only be downloaded from "3" and only stay on your phone for 3 days then are deleted. Each time a Game is d/loaded you are charged for it. So if you like a game you keep paying each time you d/load it. I am not a big fan of playing games on phones and never have been. So it's not an issue for me.
I have downloaded many "Midi" files as ringtones to my phone VIA the USB cable and all work fine. Some files are not that loud in volume and I would imagine it has to do with the Midi file themeselves not the phone. I have been able to upload and download photos, videos, music, ringtones contacts etc etc without a problem at all. All works fine!!...
Out of 10, I rate the NEC e616 9 out of 10. Battery life is the major problem, however I have 3 batteries. A standard NEC 700mah, a NEC 1250mah and a extended life 1750Mah from Itec or similar. That last battery lasts me 2-4 days depending on use so its not bad. It seems with all the features and the larger screen the phone will use more power. I used to have a Nokia 8250 and a Siemens C55 so I am happy with this phone.
anyone having trouble uploading mp3 which are more than 5k to the phone? it's silly - i have a 128 memory stick but can't upload a 5k mp3! always have to compress.... so annoying! this and can't transfer data using bluetooth i think this phone is GREAT~
the phone is ok but not up to the standards that have been mantained by nokia and all