Google has done this since the Nexus 4. I'm beginning to think its a sales ploy to grab more interest. It seems like their supply is always minimum when it comes to the nexus phones.
AnonD-79632, 30 Oct 2014What are you saying . This nexus has top of the line specs, pure google in it and is premium. ... morei really mean the price of $650 is too much for Nexus devices. Nexus 5 32 GB was $400 with snapdragon 800. I really like even $100 LG l90 which has knock On feature. I don't think Nexus will have it, we should look at additional softwares manufacture provides over the stock Android when they charge $500-$600 for flagships, The price is too much for a nexus device.
AnonD-243489, 30 Oct 2014You can't compare any phone with a modified version of android with one running stock. The sto... morei mean, $650 for stock ROM is way too much. Usually nexus devices sell due to lower cost factor. when we buy note 3/4 , you know right the additional productive softwares it provides.
Any relate to updates, really speaking i never felt that much need for an updates , if an unless its a really genuine UI changes . Kernel changes we are not even bothered as end user.
Samsung has Knox as security, even $100 LG L90 have so many features like Knock ON .
AnonD-224552, 30 Oct 2014650$ for 6 inch phone, just for bare minimum google edition OS, i really doubt, not at all val... moreYou can't compare any phone with a modified version of android with one running stock. The stock one is always faster and contain less security holes. Not to mention stock phones usually get updates more quickly.
From 12:01 am this morning till 1:00 pm MST I tried to buy the Nexus 6 on play.google.com website. It showed "Coming Soon" for most of the day. Then all of a sudden it said that they were "all out of inventory." I think they are behind or sold very few and wanted it to make it look like they were sold out. I am not a detractor. I want one but something is very fishy her. Maybe they had a delay and just wanted to put a spin on it.
If this phone is as clean cut as the Nexus 5, I'll buy it no doubt... The Nexus 5 (my current phone) is incredibly fast, actually scarily fast compared to any phone out there. Faster than my freind's Note 4!
I wished it was cheaper, like my Nexus 5 I got brand new for £230. But it's like £400-£450 ish, nearly twice as much as the Nexus 5... Still that's really well prices compared to the Note 4 and iPhone 6 (plus).
I was up all day trying to pre-order the nexus 6 today , first it was saying that pre-orders aren't available yet and suddenly it changed to out of stock , I believe what happened today was just a marketing trick from google , and the stock they had wasn't really that much.
AnonD-325563, 30 Oct 2014As the owner of a Note 2 who has been pondering upgrading to the Note 4 or Note 4 Edge......I ... moreI am with you on the radio part. I tossed my Galaxy s4 for last years Moto X and I must say that the reception was like night and day. I also bought an iPhone 5s that day and the reception was just as good as the Moto X. Even the smaller moto X battery lasted longer than the Galaxy S4. Any phone above 5' is too big for me. Old Moto X will be my last android phone.
As the owner of a Note 2 who has been pondering upgrading to the Note 4 or Note 4 Edge......I am sick and tired of a couple things with Samsung that the Nexus 6 should alleviate...
1. Signal signal signal......it still has to be a reliable phone, Motorola radios are just beast compared to Samsung, having to toggle airplane mode to get it to pick up the LTE tower......screw that noise.... nuff said there
2. Front facing stereo speakers......ever since the wife got her HTC One M8 I had decided no more mono speakers on the back (looking at you GS3), or speaker on the edge(Note 2/3) and the Note 4 keeping it in the back again!!! Note 4 downgrade.......
3. Charging....more specifically the charging port on my Note 3 has been horrible. Original lasted maybe 8 months, replaced and it lasted a month maybe......I don't do anything weird with it, I just plug it in a lot....I am replacing it again when the new replacement arrives and hopefully this one lasts until the Nexus 6 arrives......
4. Note 4 reverted back to USB 2.0 from 3.0, although it's a faster USB 2.0 than the older handsets, USB 3.0 functionality was FAST.....another Note 4 downgrade.....
5. Qi wireless charging is supposedly built into the Nexus 6. This will be very useful in combination with the Turbo Charge technology (15 minutes for 6 hours runtime), wireless overnight charging, get a quick hit with the cable at work before leaving......no more worries on charge.
I will miss the S Pen on the Samsung....but oh well....I don't use it excessively, I will give that up for a better radio, more solid hardware and front facing stereo speakers.
If I still want an android phone, I wouldn't think twice about this nexus... well except for the price it's pricey for nexus name... should change to Silver as rumor.
AnonD-224552, 30 Oct 2014650$ for 6 inch phone, just for bare minimum google edition OS, i really doubt, not at all val... moreWhat are you saying . This nexus has top of the line specs, pure google in it and is premium. Note 4 is 850$.
I don't believe they even had any for sale. I started trying to buy at midnight MST and kept trying throghout the day. It kept saying that they were not available yet,and then they were suddenly out. They must have had very few to sell or the whole thing was bogus.
650$ for 6 inch phone, just for bare minimum google edition OS, i really doubt, not at all value for money
Anyone would have thought twice and compared with note3/4 , LG g3
This is a very common marketing trick that companies use in order to make it look like there is more demand than they were anticipating. Being a pre-order actually proves this, since they aren't even dealing with actual inventory, just lining people up on a first-come-first-served basis.