The big question is, will we still be using smartphones in 10 years time?
AnonD-322092, 20 Nov 2014Number 1 in what? making ridiculus phones with low quality?"ridiculus phones with low quality"
Errr, who are you talking about? Apple? Samsung? LG? Sony? As far as I know Xiaomi makes excellent phones at fair prices. They just need to sell them in more countries.
AnonD-82281, 20 Nov 2014Well, they will need a name everyone can pronounce for a start.Really? Most people on the internet can't properly pronounce Samsung or Nokia... Even iPhone, believe or not. So I don't think Xiaomi is in a disadvantage. Here: "shao-mee" easy, right? :-)
I am living in Barranquilla Colombia and i had never sawn this brand before here.
Is such much known the Blu devices but will never beats Samsung or Iphone so how will they expect to be number one
thecalmcritic, 20 Nov 2014Here are the recommended steps to achieve the goal:-
1. Make PDAs (yeah I did type that..in 2... moreWith respect for calmcritic's opinion, I believe it takes just 1 thing:
Hire an army of Stephen elop's and plant them with your core competence... That should be it...
Here are the recommended steps to achieve the goal:-
1. Make PDAs (yeah I did type that..in 2014 that would mean both smartphone and tablet) or the kitchen sink like TV box, powerbanks, WiFi router etc... decide on this 1st then you can move on.
2. Either fully ramp up on that Leadcore acquisition's R&D firepower or get ready to gtfo w/ that because it'd be a waste to own a SoC company just to put out cheap chips. See how Huawei is getting their Kirin game on and one up them better by making it more dev friendly.
3. Can't be arsed to be fast enough at opening up MIUI ROM or allow more AOSP based ROMs like CM, AOKP or PA to be developed? Fair enough... so get more devs in, listen to the user base and beat Samsung at fw/sw delivery and quality.
4. Explore some fallback options and start to work on those now. Stuff like Ubuntu Touch or Sailfish OS.
5. Enough w/ this fire sales' number hyping when you can't even get to markets fast enough. It actually pisses off more potential buyers than it really helps.
Lastly but most importantly where the hell is Redmi Note 2 16GB dammit :p
AnonD-333500, 20 Nov 2014This is one of the worst jokes I've heard of 2014 !LOL...I kinda agree but I still would not take it into consideration that this might happen; however, it might not be possible with the die hard fandroids and iFanboys who would buy an empty box from Apple/
AnonD-39775, 20 Nov 2014two years ago i laughed at my friend who buyed the first huawei. i said the same stupid thing ... moreI would still never buy one, maybe if I got one for free for a month or so, but I don't want to spend money and take a risk
AnonD-332708, 20 Nov 2014there not gonna ever be No.1, nobody wants a cheap Chinese phonetwo years ago i laughed at my friend who buyed the first huawei. i said the same stupid thing like you here. i didn't want to hear a word about huawei. i hated so much this brand and i considered the people who buy huawei to be plain stupid. now i own a huawei ascend p7 and is the best value for money i have ever had. i am prepared to buy in 2015 huawei asecend p8. few month ago, in a night, sitting in a club i had the opportunity to play at a huawei ascend p7 for a about half an hour and i was in love.
At the rate they are eating into Samsung's sales, it probably won't take that long.
Very cheap approach. If they want to be Number 1 then do as per needed. Boasting about it is not the needful here.
there not gonna ever be No.1, nobody wants a cheap Chinese phone