This is the other level Motorola Android; Motorola Sholes.
The Motorola Sholes should include:
* OMAP3430 – 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
* Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
* Weight 169 g
* Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
* Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
* 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854×480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
* 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
* microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
* Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
* Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
* Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
* Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
It had been hoped that the Sholes would include the Snapdragon processor for even higher speeds, but 600 MHz is still a highly competitive and workable spec for a first-gen Android device. According to Android and Me, “Native support for OpenGL ES 2.0 + hardware acceleration from the PowerVR SGX 530 = mobile gaming device more powerful than a Sony PSP or Nintendo DSi.”
That’s HUGE. And we can’t wait to see future devices with even more powerful processors.
All of the other specs look great though. While no exact release date is rumored, it is anticipated to show up in time for Thanksgiving at a $199 price point.
dats a start for motorola ;)
good spec list from samsung for a change
what about 8 megapixel camera phone of motorola..after zn5 motorola is not making any 8 megapixel phone why?????
Is there some odd limitation in the Android OS, or why is there no VGA or WVGA phones popping up? QVGA and HVGA is so yesterday and not tomorrow...
it's good to know that Motorola is back!
motorola is always steps behind...