AnonD-377097, 20 Mar 2015Do Someone Getting Update Of 303.82MB OTA After 5.0.1 Update I9500 Galaxy S4 India?Its Knox 2.0 :)
Do Someone Getting Update Of 303.82MB OTA
After 5.0.1 Update I9500 Galaxy S4 India?
AnonD-186037, 20 Mar 2015thanks....yes its indeed available via OTA@Raz4 If you update please give a review about the pros and cons. Thanks
After waiting for long time i got lollipop update for my S4 Black edition today...its working fine and there are no issues..
AnonD-186037, 20 Mar 2015@veeshal - when?i didnt get on connecting to kiesIts available via OTA...1014.94 MB
But I am afraid of installing it, because of so many bugs people have reported.
lolipop for samsung s4 blackedition i9500ddufna4 is launched in india
I have update my s4 black edition from Samsung service center.
And its perfectly working .
No issues till now .
No problem in battery.
According to I believe there is no increase in battery backup.
Anonymous, 18 Mar 2015I got the lollipop update in S4 and the phone apps are crashing like crazy. I am frustrated wh... moreCan u plz tell me how to update . I tried to update using kies but I m not getting the update
I got the lollipop update in S4 and the phone apps are crashing like crazy. I am frustrated when I use my phone. Is somebody else facing this issue ?
Just updated my s4 deep black to lollipop. No issues so far. UI is super cool. I m loving it. For everyone going for update please reset your phone before and after the update. I had done it on my moto g and s4 and found no issues after update which several users complained.
I have a samsung galaxy s4 deep black gt-i9500 nd surprised to know that there wasn't any lollipop update till now.
Now i want to know when will i get a lollipop update for the handset
ajay goel, 03 Mar 2015I have updated the version lollipop and i am really disappointed with the performance.
Apart ... more1. Have you updated with INS or INU version?
2. Did you do factory reset before updating?
In case you are in bootloop, go to recovery mode and try delete cache/dalvik cache partition. It should help.
I gave up on impatient wait for Lollipop update for I9500 Deep Black edition and upgraded my device using Odin with available INS Lollipop update from Sammobile for India region.
Here are some notes:
1. I did not factory reset my mobile before doing this as had too many existing applications which I did not want to re-install.
(Frankly speaking, I was not sure whether this Odin update will keep my existing user data like OTA update as there was no mention of NO-WIPE tag in file name/description, but still went ahead with the same hoping for the best).
2. Downloaded respective INS file from Sammobile and did an update using Odin. It took quite a bit of time, may be because of large update file (~1.4 GB).
3. Update went smoothly and voila! Post reset, it started upgrading my apps (~250) and I could see my previous wallpaper on the screen that means NO-WIPE :-)
4. This app upgrade took around 20-25 minutes and phone was reset.
5. Post reset, it's like heaven. Phone is super-new with all bells and whistles of Lollipop and much snappier than Kitkat.
6. Using it since last 2 days and no issues whatsoever as of now.
7. Only thing I lost is Deep Black edition wallpapers (and may be something else which I don't know), which I don't care about.
However, I understand from other threads that many folks who force upgraded are facing overheating and battery drain issues.
I am not facing these and this may be because I disabled all S-View features along with features in Motions and Gestures, Smart Screen, Air view etc. which are generally use more battery IMO.
Please let me know in case anybody wants more detailed information or any queries.
regards - sk.