I usually don't like Samsung's flagships, but I will probably get the S6. On the main two points it's been criticized:
- non-removable battery - you can get pretty sweet portable chargers, which combined with the fast charge option must be sufficient for the most intense usage patterns.
- no sdcard slot - well if you would like to have tons of slower but cheaper storage, this is a legitimate concern, but I personally prefer smaller but faster performing storage.
My only problem with Samsung is that they give zero f#cks for third party ROMs development and with the exynos chipset, this means proprietary driver binaries and not much room for modding.
But still it looks like a solid device with a long life ahead of it, so I have my hopes up. :)
MaxSmarties, 04 Mar 2015..... except the most usable ones: optimization and coherence.coherence? u mean high prices for stupid, obsolete hardware?. . .
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2015Wait for s6mini, and s6 edge mini. 500$ & 650$. Specs will be bit slower.Specs will be a lot lower, mhhh snap 410 I bet.
Only "mini" worth buying is Sony's Compact, Z1C or Z3C.
AnonD-11164, 02 Mar 2015I personally love the new design. The non expandable storage sucks though. And the jump frome ... moreSame here. But it's really to bad they coppied Apple in the storage ripping off department.
Tom, 03 Mar 2015nexus6Nexus 6 is an ugly huge slate.... At least the Galaxy S6 is cute.
AnonD-312360, 03 Mar 2015Dear fruit fan , that was a good attempt at venting your rant from a third person point of vie... moreFrustration? Dude the only one frustrated here is Samsung, blatantly copying Apple in every aspect, even the ones once they criticized (no SD support ? No removable battery ? Expensive memory choices ?), trying hard to stop the bleeding.....
I am passing s6 with that price with no sd and removable battery i will stick to my note4.
Fanboy arguments, 03 Mar 2015Android fanboy: Android is octa core with 3gb ram vs iPhone dual core 1 gb ram. So its faster.... moreDear fruit fan , that was a good attempt at venting your rant from a third person point of view. nevertheless your frustration is evident. Please stay inside your " walled garden " and be happy there enjoying great innovations
1. like itunes... there is simply no praise as to what a great innovative idea itunes is as opposed to copying some music from the desktop or from some friend.
2. Putting in nfc after a prolonged delay and that also only for a limited use.
3. Apps running in the background for ios and giving good performance.... Seriously dude, whom are you kidding. The words true multi tasking and the ios environment should not feature in the same sentence.
4. So you use a Mac. tell me how many Macs are there compared to windows desktops, and how many options are available in the respective categories.
There are a lot of comments pointing out that s6 copied the fruit device, small battery and no expandable storage, and this means "total and utter failure." Here's some points in favour of the s6
1. For those who have seen the mwc event, a direct comparison was made with photo and video of s6 and the fruit product. For the information of fruit users happy to be using 8mp for multiple generations(read : forever) that should be an eye opener.
2. The s6 edge looks great in the hands on pics and vids at mwc, and which device was the edge copied from ?? If your response is the design is meaningless then please withold from such response till there is detailed review or usage of the final product by the people.
3. Complaints about battery life cannot be made without actual usage statistics. The mAh figure is just representative of the battery capacity and not of how efficient the device is or how well optimized. The G3 and the Note4 are fine examples on the bottom and top of the battery usage characteristics.
4. About the removable storage...
a. the mwc event revealed usage of the new flash storage which will be a big upgrade in r/w speeds.
b. Lets say you want to record a 4k video, what will be the processing times of a class 4 or even class 10 micro sd compared to the flash storage
c. until the price points of the storage options are released it cannot be said whether sammy follows the path of cupertino in charging a huge premium for every increment in storage.
HTC m9 price @ 749 euro... 49 euro more than the S6 with the same RAM (well, same RAM total, not RAM speed ;)) - I think the HTC m9 is over priced but both will drop quickly. So can we stop having a go at Samsung?
The concept of this S6 is or the new funcionslities are very inspired by Apple iPhone6...the notification wer u can reply rightaway was smply same as iPhone 6 and they also make simplier everything no scrolling hahaha they are inspired the simplicity of iPhone6 they just created a different animation nor looks in replying the txt etc. But the concept is same as iPhone 6...
Aside from the style, the funcionality of some are same concept as Apple iPhone6...LOL...
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2015its only in line with apple's pricing. Samsung needs to focus on his android competitors, not... moreWell if you look up prices of the flagship phones when new (not 6 months old) then you'll see they're all around this price, the only difference is that an iphone doesn't drop the price unlike android phones. If you're bothered then just wait a few months and price will have dropped by £100 or £150.
Personally I cannot wait as my m7 is having a few issues since upgrading to lollipop :(
If microsoft was smart they could pull a move on all of them now, just introduce lumia 1030 with the specs mentioned on gsm arena, price it lower then rivals, and thats it, bye bye samsung, bye bye apple. Did they forget what sony did to them with ps4 and its lower price, of course you cant compare phones with videogames but i think this would be a nice revenge, think Microsoft, think!!
It should all be about the screen first, and Samsung now has a more exciting one than Apple with this edge one, but then so does LG with their Flex, apart from that nothing else matters : all other specs will be similar to everyone else : 64bit architecture etc...please note Apple done this first two years ago already, was it not ?
As for the glass over metal frame, well Apple did it 4 years ago, non-removable battery/no card-slot since first iPhone, so nothing new or annoying there.
Camera-wise, Apple still had a better 8MP one than a 16MP elsewhere, so let's see what this new soc and 64 bit+ OIS does for the S6, I suspect this should defo rock the Apple-boat and leave it in its wake.
So what's to fight over now is just over the OS
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2015actually people are now complaining about the sd card slot and the no longer available removab... moreYou can only say that iOS is monopolising if it is better than android. Androind has all the features ios has and even more.